[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
Malifaux Mafia - Game Over - Mafia Win! - Page 67 - WestGamer
It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:31 pm

All times are UTC+08:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 997 posts ]  Go to page Previous 163 64 65 66 67
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:19 pm 

Quote:
And the guild would have won. Not an acceptable outcome. ;)
I second that.
This isn't about individuals, I'm sure you're all lovely people. Its about size of the Guild/Outcast voting block and the fact you could have squashed us at any time. It's always unacceptable to let the bullies win. 8)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:39 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
No were no those kinds of people that accuse one person... we blame it all on one house-the neverborn :P If everyone listened to the guild the mafia would have been dead by day 4 or 5.
And the guild would have won. Not an acceptable outcome. ;)

The biggest thing that frustrated me about this game was the fact that ONCE AGAIN a player from my faction left the game part way through, placing those remaining in that faction at a disadvantage. Seriously people - if you can't stand the heat, stay out of the frigging kitchen. I've now decided that when I run the Marvel Superheroes game, I won't be accepting signups from anyone who has bailed partway out of another game unless they had a very good reason. Enough is enough.

Cheers for the great game OSOI.

Greenfuji was gone at that point so those left in your faction were...you! I'd be looking at the common factor Mal ;)

I can see how it must be frustrating though. I agree that players shouldn't just pull out or disappear. You should be in for the duration and play the game in a spirit that doesn't result in a mod kill.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:00 pm 

Quote:
I am not sure you are a killer. Stop putting words in my mouth. You really need to stop and look at the facts. Worse than Jonah this one.
Oh, I was going to stay out of this, but having someone have a hissy fit at me because apparently I 'piked out', ran away and quit is a bit much. I am assuming that Mals comment about having a member of his team pull out and the following threat of not allowing anyone sign up for his game that has committed this 'crime' refers to me being Mod Killed for my out of game apology.
"I will take my bat and ball and go home then..."

Sorry, I don't know any of you. Wouldn't have a clue who you are if I bumped into you on the street. So I don't know how to take half the comments, like the one above, that basically insinuated I was a raving loon or terrible at playing the game.
In this wonderful faceless and expressionless medium we call the internet it is hard to judge the true intentions of someone.

I had NEVER played mafia before, thought that it was completely broken that I was vanilla and forced to kill off every other player for victory and was getting heckled every day...oh yes Mal, it was sooooooooooo fun.
Maybe before you huff and pout that i was mod killed FOR APOLOGIZING to a group of people who generally expressed that they did not like my playing style that you look at the conduct of some of the other forum members. you may know them very well and this has insulated you to their manner...

Familiarity breeds contempt.

Frankly, I think West Gamer just dropped off my favorites list. What a completely negative experience. Even as I am shown the door people are having shots at my back.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:44 am 
Site Admin

All right, that's enough. We're getting too worked up over what is still just a game and designed for fun. Myself included, so I apologise. Let's not let a good thing be tarnished.
Quote:
Greenfuji was gone at that point so those left in your faction were...you! I'd be looking at the common factor Mal ;)
Hah! Given that they didn't even know I existed as a Resser before they were killed - I find that common factor unlikely. ;)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:08 am 

Apologies Jonah. I certainly didn't mean to cause any distress with my comments. I was really enjoying how you were playing. It certainly added some spice when many were happy to sit on their hands.

Sometimes people are going to get a really difficult role in these factional mafia. I just think that we need to accept this as players and try and have some fun with it if we get dealt this hand. That was the gist of my point.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:14 am 

Hi Jonah
Sorry to hear that. However, there are two things I'd like to make you aware of. The first one is that the vast majority of criticism of you was Tactical. People were trying to force you into doing things against your best interests, that was part of the game so you're best not taking it too seriously. It's a cut throat business, this mafia, and when it is split into factions it gets a lot worse because whatever they say almost everyone wants you dead :D

Second, I am not just saying that now to make you feel better. Here is a compilation of quotes from our in game conversations that back up what I am saying, and I think they might help give you a slightly different point of view.
Quote:
Jonah's speculations are based on trying to make sense of his faction's victory conditions. With no kill powers and no back up, he is supposed to become the majority player on a team consisting of 1 man. His theories sound erratic because he's trying to reconcile the idea of how Mafia works with the fact some of us are playing Kobayashi Maru :D
Quote:
Quote:
So Matt & Jonah, you two are going to be responsible for us reaching a "no lynch" and giving the mafia a free ride?
This will be remembered come the morrow...
Yes, yes and good.
Or for not helping kill an innocent person we've confirmed as a member of this team. You would have saved the mafia a night's work.
Quote:
Quote:
k Mat, start a lynch...I can rescind mine, although drsn0 is still shonky...
You do the honours Jonah. Don't worry, Guild will still blame me.
Quote:
Quote:
I did think the team name
Making Alliances - Factions In Altogether (or MA-FIA) would get us killed fast... :D JOKES people
Hah funny guy Jonah. Were you after an alliance or a suicide pact :D
Quote:
Ignore everyone, Jonah. Their criticism of you and everyone else's voting patterns not matching Guild's is frankly because...
Quote:
Well this is clearly going nowhere – congrats town on handing the Mafia a free kill and gaining no information.
...they still think they are town. :lol:
Quote:
Pacts are going to become important soon as people race to get their factions victory conditions as well as kill mafia. Ta-da. So unless Jonah still wants to confirm a vote for Drsno, there's nothing to see here, move along :D
Quote:
We didn't get a lynch (which believe it or not is good, if the most likely lynched person is not Mafia).
OSOI killed Jonah - Ressurectionist (which is a shame! I thought he was a fun element to have around)

So that's my view on your impact on the game, which is a lot more positive than you seem to imagine.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:55 am 

OK, I wigged out...actually I got :shock: off at the comments, as I said I was just going to keep out.
Very stressful time at work...so no excuses, just explanations.
I don't feel qualified to comment on the game, although I certainly appreciate the effort OSOI put in.
Maybe some noob games need to be run with very basic rules, as half of my blather was me trying to make sense of the situation.
That said, I am keeping out of mafia. It may all be fun when you know the face that the screen name belongs to, but without that I find that some people just come across as unpleasant (family friendly words)...and yes I get that there are people here that would be hating my screen persona right now...
Maybe I am a dinosaur and just haven't got the hang of this here dang internut thing-a-mah-jig. Social media mah backend.
Apologies again if I ballsed up your game, but seriously some people here need to put some thought into what they say (myself included).

Dangerous place to type things this here cyber space...maybe we need more of these :) :D :lol: :P everywhere?

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 997 posts ]  Go to page Previous 163 64 65 66 67