[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
Harry Potter Mafia - Town Wins - Page 88 - WestGamer
It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:24 am

All times are UTC+08:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1336 posts ]  Go to page Previous 186 87 88 89 90 Next
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:58 pm 

Quote:
But anyway... I think it was a total fluke getting Obeisance, and a bit of luck getting
James. And bad luck to the mafia for losing Bloodlust. Though you were lucky not getting
a name clash, we really were at sea. That Janitor power is very useful, it can be a real game changer.
I actually thought james was town when i did the final vote, but once it was shown he was mafia. I pretty much was certain mal and obi were mafia. To be honest if mal didn't try using the whole commuter thing on DJ it would have been so much harder to get him lynched as everyone was looking at Harry, Ron and Hermoine as the potential mafia player not Dumbledore

I may be the only person who was actually happy to realise that a trophy can also be used as a backscratcher

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:59 pm 

Yes I think this is why lists are so important, you need to keep reminding people what is going on. It may help the mafia too, but it helps the town so much more, especially in getting the less active town players on board for lynches.

Aenur would have been my next vote too, slightly less prominent name and he was so quiet. My day 4 lynch would have been DJ and Aenur.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:15 am 

Holy Crap! :shock: I checked about lunch time and saw there was a couple of posts, but work being very hectic, when I got home I had a little nap, when I get to the computer it's game over... damn!

So, first of all, well done to the Town, and thanks very much to paulfrank.

It was great to see another aspect of the game - being a Mason was a huge help, it really is something else when you are able to communicate with someone else about things. Brookesy was a great help, and had some very accurate calls - I would be very happy to be a mason partner with him again in the future - Kudos mate.

Sadly, I'll be unable to take part in games for the next few months due to work, so best of luck to all running and playing in future games...

Touchdowns - 6 For - 3 Against

Casualties - 3 For - 11 Against

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:55 am 

A big thank you to paulfrank for running the game, and well done town. The mafia were a unlucky with Bloodlust dropping out, I thought for sure there was 1 more to lynch after DJCodex. Could not believe how hard I had to push for the second DJCodex lynch, after how easy it was the day before, well played DJ. But to balance the mafia luck was the night 1 kill of AdrosHowl. Really happy that my scum in town clothing theory panned out. Awesome game and I'm looking forward to the next one already. I definatly think things may have gone differently for the mafia if Bloodlust had stuck around, but RL takes precedence.

First person in Australia at a tournament to beat Doubleskulls Orcs

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:14 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
I think Mal forgot to use his Roleblock being the night before Ultimates.
Nope, I did indeed block Marked. It looks like Orange was the one that nailed me (presumably with a 1-shot ability?) just before we killed him the same night. So very close.... :roll:

Favourite moments of this game were (now upon reading and realising how close to disaster we came!):

- Totally orchestrating the lynch on Russia on day one. You guys were hook, line & sinker on that one. :mrgreen:
- Getting lucky and nailing Adrods on night #1 (who was the real cop & Dumbledore). Turns out we got him just after he had investigated me and found me guilty! 8)
- The Janitor power shenadigans in general. What a fun power. ;) Pity we couldn't keep James alive for one more night to really screw with the town.

In hindsight Paulfrank is correct - the Madam Hooch claim proved to be a bigger problem than intended and was a definite mistake, though the mafia did well not to be busted on duplicate role claims from the get-go. I was reasonably confident I would be able to BS my way through the Hooch thing anyway.

VERY disappointed that for the second time now when I've played as mafia, the actions of one of the Mafia team have totally hindered our chances of success. :?

In the last couple of days, DJcodex and I knew it was all or nothing. Tying ourselves together with our power claims was a desperate gambit, but if we were able to successfully prove that DJ was a commuter (which he was), then I think we could have gotten there. For future reference, commuter *is* actually listed as a pro-town power on the wiki, but in this case a mafia player had it. Nothing is absolute in this game. ;) After I was killed and DJ's investigation of me proven to be a lie, the town was EPICALLY STUPID not to just wrap the game up then & there. It was SO OBVIOUS!! DJ did some mightily impressive backpedalling though, and for a little while it looked like he may just get away with it. Winning the game on his own was a near impossibility though, so the town really did sew the game up when Orange took me out. Well done. ;)

Cheers to Paulfrank for a good first time effort!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:24 am 

I gotta say from a 3rd person perspective watching the game it was an incredibly interesting game. Dj almost got potter lynched then almost had him ragequitting out of frustration too. There were some epic moments and it was very interesting to watch. Good choice of powers too paulfrank. Made for some awesome interactions.

Everytime you roll 3 1's, Somewhere Cypher dies!

BRAWL Season 2 Champion!!!!
Khorne Wanderers 3-0-0. 5 kills and counting!!! 13 in total...
Green Cave Fanatics 6-0-1, 2 deaths! chainsaw kickbacks = 3

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:29 am 

This was an incredibly fun game. It is easy to say that it was obviously DJ who was mafia but when you are town and you have got to try and be balanced and way up all the options, it's not that easy. Considering this was my first game of mafia, I got incredibly hooked and had tonnes of fun trying to figure things out, although I must say it was incredibly nerve wracking when I started to get accused! Thanks Paulfrank for an awesome game and I will be sure to make sure I start reading the books :P

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:30 am 

Damn you weasly bloodtraitors. They were defiantely the family of the match. First of all those who havnt played as the mafia yet its worth the time to keep playing the game as it is SOOO fun being the bad guys :twisted: When i saw you guys were voting for a no lynch i was originaly like seriously? I was originaly going to join you guys yet we as a mafia saw an oppurtunity. We knew that Russia would help you guys and he was too dangerous to keep alive. So we removed him and then in the night i got your cop as well... At the moment it was all coming together and we knew we would win. Then it all went wall on us like it seems to in every mafia game. With the cop dead i should have said i was dumbledore but went with whoever i went with. My other name i was going to take was Horace Slughorn which would apparently have been believable. Good game and damn the vigliante shot against Mal.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:36 am 

Damn it!!

I knew you know who was playing. Hence my line about a bloody knows- from the last movie when neville stands up to vouldermort. . .not much can be done without evidence

Also glad no one pressured me too much, my evidence after getting the self save was lane but everyone forgot about poor Neville

Thanks to all for the game, no I can work properly, eat properly and live properly now the game is over LoL

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:35 am 

Wicked! Go Town! :mrgreen:

Yeah wow what a game, its great to finally get the result!

Unfortunately I won't be able to play in future games but a massive thanks to Paulfrank for getting the game going, there were alot of cool interactions and as Paulfrank would know, the Mason power was pretty awesome as well when coupled with inventors and a partnew who contributed. I think I would have made 30 odd PM's about the game to Vesh and Paulfrank :lol:

Excellent fun game, the only lynch I was disappointed with was Russia's initial lynch as it was so clearly not a Mafia lynch, the rest though were pretty bang on (apart from Joel but who didn't want to lynch Malfoy anyway). :D
Quote:
Damn you weasly bloodtraitors. They were defiantely the family of the match.
Thanks James :D

Cheers,
Brookesy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:57 am 

Quote:
Excellent fun game, the only lynch I was disappointed with was Russia's initial lynch as it was so clearly not a Mafia lynch,
yep agree. Appears poor Russia has a target on his back soo big it's not going to matter who he plays :) Thanks Paulfrank, very enjoyable game biut not too sure on the Vanilla Ron roll. :lol: Also ended up being co-incidental that the 3 big players all were the last to roll call. Who would have really have guessed that. I think this also led to a lot of the confusion that led to false accusations.

Well played DJ, you nearly got there.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:38 am 

Actually, we (Mafia) had talked night 0, we identified our biggest threat as a hidden 3rd party Killer or Survivor, priority went to identifying those person/s and removing them.

So imagine our surprise when Russia came straight out with it :shock:
"all aboard........toot toot"
Had absolutely nothing to do with who he is.

Same with Mal, he knew he would be investigated by just about everyone either night 0 or night 1. We had to factor that into our plans and this was ultimately the reason for claiming Commuter Enabler.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:10 am 

Quote:
Hmmmm...to me it makes sense that he who shall not be named would be a commuter, it kind of fits how he does things doesn't it, coming in and out of the world (I'm not 100% on that as I'm not an avid Harry Potter fan). Say if there is 1 mafia left who has commuted, would it mean he would not be able to kill someone that night? If my theory is right, we should be tying the noose around DJ Codex's neck!
I knew it!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:19 am 

Quote:
Quote:
Hmmmm...to me it makes sense that he who shall not be named would be a commuter, it kind of fits how he does things doesn't it, coming in and out of the world (I'm not 100% on that as I'm not an avid Harry Potter fan). Say if there is 1 mafia left who has commuted, would it mean he would not be able to kill someone that night? If my theory is right, we should be tying the noose around DJ Codex's neck!
I knew it!!!!
hehe, yes, but only if you believed that I was Mafia and not Marked. That was still a 50/50 call, I deliberately chose not to respond to 'every' comment out to get me, the ones that could be easily explained away I left alone.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:28 am 

Quote:
Night 1, Mal & James pick Adrods for the kill, and what a kill it was.

You dont know how lucky you were. I was the real dumbledor, Cop!
I had confirmed guilt on TWO mafia players already, the 2nd one was bloodlust after his very first post which I flagged as suspisious, then he showed up guilty as I expected

The hardest thing i had to do was not yell ' I KNOW RUSSIA ISNT GUILTY BECAUSE MALIGANT IS ACCUSING HIM AND HE IS MAFIA!'. really Sorry russia. But you see, the cop isnt sposed to reveal on day one. Then they killed me anyway, probbaly cus of the threat.

evil Mafia!

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1336 posts ]  Go to page Previous 186 87 88 89 90 Next