It is currently Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:04 pm

All times are UTC+08:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 562 posts ]  Go to page Previous 134 35 36 37 38 Next
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:27 pm 

Very intriging game, I enjoyed it although it was a little different to normal. Standard RC's didnt go according to plan and Adrods pretty well had me with the fake RC, not being that familiar with the theme meant some fast learning but it was worthwhile.

Mixing it up a little is always good, and its given me some thoughts for the future on how to approach games (in building and modding) but my first one is already built so thats not changing.

It was ambitious Russia and I agree more houses would have worked (maybe with 3 people in each) but there was a definate air of back room deals etc to the game.

Wyrd Henchman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:30 pm 

LOL!
Survived the game, as the final Lannister!

Congratulations Starks. Oh and thanks for all the secret messages and including me on all the plans. sorry about malignant :twisted:

before the game started, I realised that with a messaging power it would be easy to convince my own team who I was, but impossible to convince the other houses unless i joined them very early. i guessed that there would be a Stark House and chose a role just on the border of fame so I could claim it immidiately. stay low, when you are small you may not be noticed.

To surive I did many bad things. Where do I begin, my lords and ladies? I am a vile man, I confess it. My crimes and sins are beyond counting. I have lied and cheated, gambled and whored. I got Malignant lynched even though I'm not particularly good at violence, but I'm good at convincing others to do violence for me. You want specifics, I suppose. When I was seven, I saw a servant girl bathing in the river. I stole her robe and she was forced to return to the castle naked and in tears. I once brought a jackass and a honeycomb into a brothel....

...but I am and always was your humble servant,

The Last Surviving Lannister.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:56 pm 

Quote:
The Last Surviving Lannister.
"When you play the Game of Thrones, you win or you die. There is no middle ground."

You still lost :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:56 pm 

Quote:
Who did paulfank allign too ?
House Stark.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:08 pm 

@Adrods Howl - good game, you had me convinced you were a Stark.

Great game Russia. Always a pleasure. My only complaint, game went to fast, Lynch votes happened real quick. Great setting and great mechanic. Enjoyed it very much.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:24 pm 

Agree with Greenfuji, lynchings went very quickly when the numbers were with Stark. Also agree that a few additional houses may have led to what you were after in a political sense. Once it was known that only 3 houses existed and 4 Lannisters were eliminated early, was basically join the Starks to avoid suspicion. Something the "spider" is very good at doing.

Thanks again Russia for the game.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:44 pm 

Actually me too. Well played Adrods.
Was wondering why wou would vote for Mal, after I voted for Obe.

TheGambler#11893
Add me on Hearthstone

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:12 pm 

I like this mafia style alot.
Lannister's didn't play well at all to be honest, Bloodlust clearly wasn't really interested in the game style and threatening everyone was clearly put house lannister in a big disadvantage. Why Dsrn0 helped the ball roll on the initial lynch lannisters i'll never really get (there was alot of hate for being a lannister in general anyway).

I felt after the initial day or two it was house Targaryen's game to lose and they should have just kept playing it off between the lannisters and the starks. With all the confusion behind if they were a house or not it was such a boon for them and with a couple of recognised house members out there they could have easily convinced the starks and the lannisters to go after each other.

Saying that well played Starks in convincing the others to vote the way you wanted them to.

I may be the only person who was actually happy to realise that a trophy can also be used as a backscratcher

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:31 pm 

I'll post my feedback later but i'll say for now that i second MBTG in that we as a house (lannisters) starting with DrSno who moved for my lynch... I mean seriously he wanted me to say "hey guys i win once my family and i outnumber the living once we kill you off one by one so im not your friend". Remember i was the first person rc'ed so had NO idea if there were other houses. By saying I was town it protected the identity of my house and would keep my brethen alive. I believed i was doing a good move as the only people who could verify i wasnt town was another member of my house and who would want to lynch a potential member of thier house. Sadly that happened and i weeped in my grave at some of the moves my house made *cough* looks at bloodlust*cough*.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:35 pm 

Quote:
Lannister's didn't play well at all to be honest
here's the feedback. Lannister's losing was locked in on day 1 when several revealed who they were.

now to make it constructive for russia - if pple had known the sort of game this was, they would have not revealed. It is understandable that the lannisters felt hard done by. Cus noone knew this was mafia with no mafia in it, this was the same as if russia had just gone into a thread and said
Quote:
Russia - Hi guys we are all playing mafia!
James Heald - Cool! i dont know the rules but if you lynch me you win!
Everyone: Lynch James Heald.
James Heald - oh.
DrsO - James was on my team, not mafia!
Everyone: Lynch James Heald.
DrsO - oh.
Bloodlust - We are not mafia, if you lynch us we will vote you out too!
Everyone: Lynch Bloodlust
Bloodlust - oh.
Bloodlust - I pack up my toys and go.
Adrod - Lynch Bloodlust, death to lanisters, starks 4 eva, Lynch Malignant he looks shifty
And that is the source of the criticisms, not that it was house vs house but that noone was told, and that this is so different from normal that one house was dead before people even knew it.
Mystery is ok, but if we had known this was house vs house with no mafia it would have been very different. And a longer game.

All comments intended cosntructively, personally i had fun. Thank you very much for running it./

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:55 pm 

My criticism would be for the role of the independants. With 2 of them stark aligned, and 1 able to choose his alignment, I think it put too much power into following the one house.

I think that a similar set up, with the independants having specific victory conditions that pit them against all of the houses would be more effective. Not sure how I would do that, but something more specific than just survivor would have made things interesting.

Don't know what everyone elses experience was with the pms, but I only ever got in contact with Obeisance from my own house. Trying to stay hidden, I couldn't openly talk in the thread looking for Targaryens, and I found that I basically had to play my own game and just hope I wasn't putting any Targaryens in a bad position.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:01 pm 

i was told we couldnt win without killing the mafia or serial killer. so i called out who i suspected as mafia. turns out there was no mafia or sk

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:08 pm 

@Adrods Howl: Criticism noted, but in hindsight I still wouldn't have revealed the nature of the game. Unless a mechanic of the game is changed I don't believe the mod ever really needs to fill the players in the set-up. It's a part of the learning experience, part of the puzzle. Players here were just a little too straight-forward, everyone might have suspected the game way a little different and approached things more cautiously. The problem the Lannisters faced was largely that they are unpopular house in the series, and a few of them chose to act aggressively and single themselves out.

@assimilation: No independent was straight stark aligned. The house breakdown was as follows:

Lannister x5 with 1 recurring vig and a turn-coat serial killer
Stark x6 with 1 recurring vig, a 1-shot vig and player that leaves the house
Targaryen x4 with two 1-shot vigs and double voter.

So Stark did begin with 1 more player, but by night 1, JJ had joined the nights watch and was no longer house stark. It wasn't under Night 3 that Baelish joined Stark, and that was never a sure thing.

@drsn0: It's only natural to assume that some mafia were in the game.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:56 pm 

Quote:
With 2 of them stark aligned
I was Lord Varys and as we all know, he turns whenever he feels threatened. I felt that once I knew that OSOI was being the forceful player and in control of the Starks then my move was to support them. I was never aligned with them but as mentioned previously, with Bloodlust just throwing himself onto the sword there really wasn't much option for me to support the Lannisters and the Tardaryens were too quiet.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:09 pm 

Quote:
I was Lord Varys and as we all know, he turns whenever he feels threatened. I felt that once I knew that OSOI was being the forceful player and in control of the Starks then my move was to support them. I was never aligned with them but as mentioned previously, with Bloodlust just throwing himself onto the sword there really wasn't much option for me to support the Lannisters and the Tardaryens were too quiet.
totally agree

I may be the only person who was actually happy to realise that a trophy can also be used as a backscratcher

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 562 posts ]  Go to page Previous 134 35 36 37 38 Next