It is currently Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:03 pm

All times are UTC+08:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 562 posts ]  Go to page Previous 134 35 36 37 38
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:53 pm 

Holy moly, and it was all going so well. I left, came back Mal died (a positive as despite PM'ing him and supporting general points, I was fairly sure he wasn't Targaryn) and then it was night again. I come back the next day and not only have I died but the Starks have won :lol:

Thoughts:
Excellent fun game. I really liked having multiple houses although I really think a few more were needed as once the Lannisters were all revealed and killed, and the Targaryn one shots both failed (I'm pretty sure) it was fairly clear that the Starks had it so long as they kept up their own communication.

I feel a bit sorry for the Lannisters who all openly came forward so quickly and were then hung for being to honest (how ironic).

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:53 pm 
Site Admin

Convincing 2 Targaryens that I was one of them and then Ninja stabbing Daenerys when she revealed herself was pretty funny. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:54 pm 

Quote:
Convincing 2 Targaryens that I was one of them and then Ninja stabbing Daenerys when she revealed herself was pretty funny. :mrgreen:
Speaking of which, I made a mistake on night 1 by allowing someone to follow your role cop shot. Your ninja-hood should have applied there as well.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:56 pm 

LOL.

I was actually the only one playing the game properly, for what it was.

I played Tywin Lannister the way he is and should be played. Tyrion got captured by Caetlyn Tully, he went to war. Why? To teach the other houses that touching a Lannister results in death.

The reason my plan fell down dead was because those playing Lannister did NOT do what was needed. What should have happened:

"Vote against us we kill you" - Tywin
"Damn straight" - Another Lannister
"You said it" - Another Lannister
"Bicker amongst yourself all you want but know that casting a vote against us is a death penalty" - Yet another Lannister
"Bring it on" - Yet another Lannister
"Like the boss said..." - Another Lannister

I expected of that size for there to be MANY more Lannisters and Starks with a few indeps..

People would see voting against Lannisters is a threat to themselves. Lynching Lannisters only helps the other house win and you lose. Therefore, hunt out the indeps (or make deals with them to join you) and then take on the Lannisters.

Instead what happened:
"Vote against us we kill you" - Tywin
Silence from every other Lannister

When I saw that there was no Mafia, I didn't really see a point to the game and it became boring (no offense Russia, it was an interesting idea). I can't believe it took so long to get finalised. I knew who almost everyone was (or at least what house) by the end of day two. It was simply a matter of one house gaining majority and then nothing could stop them. It would be a matter of knocking them off day after day. With two Lannisters already down, that wasn't going to be us, so I pulled the pin. Also the fact that I was getting frustrated that players were so caught up in the traditional game that they couldn't see the real game going on, talking about, "this is suspicious" and "that doesn't sound right". NONE of that mattered, the ONLY thing that mattered was what House you belonged to and with so many of mine coming out so quickly, I had to do something so they wouldn't get targetted.

Reference for future games - when the leader of your house makes a power play you BACK HIM UP, doesn't matter if you agree or not. Leaving him drifting in the wind is only going to cost you the game.

My methods, though seeming somewhat unconventional DO have logic behind them and I think I've done quite well in Mafia, we all would have done a hell of a lot better if people would have listened when I spoke though. I tend to see things that many others miss and think WAY outside the box. Use that to your advantage and I am more often right than wrong :)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:03 pm 

Apparently modest and humble too. ;)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:54 am 

Quote:
The reason my plan fell down dead was because those playing Lannister did NOT do what was needed. What should have happened:"Vote against us we kill you" - Tywin"Damn straight" - Another Lannister"You said it" - Another Lannister"Bicker amongst yourself all you want but know that casting a vote against us is a death penalty" - Yet another Lannister"Bring it on" - Yet another Lannister"Like the boss said..." - Another Lannister
But even then, there were still more Stark/Targaryn/others at the time so making an all out declaraction like that still I don't think was all that wise. It just made the Lannisters the easiest targets to pick off.

Not that I can talk, I tried to hide behind those who I could convict easily and then miss two days in a row and lose. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:18 am 

Quote:
I was actually the only one playing the game properly, for what it was.
Most of the critisism made of Bloodlust was false, people used his post as an excuse but really he was dead the moment that he posted his house. All this stuff about 'you made yourself a target' is as untrue now as it was when people posted it in game. BL oviously got very frustrated, but when he said he was lanister he was going to die and that was the just way it was always going to be.

But if you put yourself in his place, you realize the already weakened Lanisters only had 2 options. They could either play softly and make an alliance with another house or they could come in hard and warn people they also can fight back.
BL chose the second, and really his only mistake was over estimating how many Lanisters were left. He expected lots of support but 17 players meant 4 or 5 maximum per house and his team was half dead.

I chose the first and sent messages trying to arrange aliances and posted in thread we starks shoudl ally with the no-threat lanisters to kill tygerians but both approachs were unsuccessful.

So all that to say Bl took a gamble, failed, but i dont think most of the criticism against him is correct. Altho he's also not correct that he was the only one playing the game properly, so maybe that balances out.

:D

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 562 posts ]  Go to page Previous 134 35 36 37 38