It is currently Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:49 pm

All times are UTC+08:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 841 posts ]  Go to page Previous 153 54 55 56 57 Next
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars Mafia Game
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:24 pm 

Lots of fun and boy was it tough playing the Serial Killer in a game that had a Cultafia, I felt I HAD to take care of them first, appear town and try and wipe out town as well. Seeing how many Masons were in the game I reckon there was no way I could have got through even if Mal hadnt led the lynch against me.

Targetting Mafia wasnt tooo difficult, you gave yourself away a little too much Matt (although I had to drop those Easter Eggs that you planted to cover my tracks as well) as you saw you were my very next hit. I decided to play the hard game and was pretty certain I couldnt win but it was fun getting 2 Mafia kills and 1 town kill just to mix things up a little.

If either Mal or I had joined the Cultafia (or even both of us) I think the game would have broken very very quickly.

Well played Matt but I think your overconfidence tripped you up, a worthy adversary.

Wyrd Henchman

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:24 pm 

It would have been good to see one of the Mafia/Town Mason groups, and I would not have been surprised with all the other twists and turns that were put in....

Touchdowns - 6 For - 3 Against

Casualties - 3 For - 11 Against

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:25 pm 

Wicked go Town! I'm sure my early sacrifice helped somehow :lol:

I was sure that mikZor was Mafia for a long time there. My bad :oops:

Thanks Greenfugi for the game.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:29 pm 

Lol can't believe you survived for so long when you were just looking guiltier and guiltier Nurgle. You're lucky your mason partners were used to you being very quiet.
Quote:
Targetting Mafia wasnt tooo difficult, you gave yourself away a little too much Matt
Limited options there; as I mentioned if I'd known these recruitment PMs were not subject to the 'no reposting pms from the moderator' rule I'd prolly hav writtn them difernt. By the time I reached you, I had to stick with the form letter idea and just try incriminate as many other people at once as possible, from Malignant to Aza to Mikzor.
If you'd been vanilla town instead of super cook killer you'd probably have joined anyway, but we were way below the recommended 33% vanilla in this game :D

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:29 pm 

Very well played town and especially Mal

I still think cult powers are maybe too strong if the head leader is a godfather. I think this game we got lucky in the sense of Mat's first target and that Mat was taken out by the serial killer. I fully expect next time there are cult powers that mafia will win IMO.

Also on a side note the first wiki i read of logray said he was a medical man/shaman but this was actually the only wiki that actually heavily suggested i would be a doctor. So probably jumped the gun a little there and i took the risk going with the chieftain instead of the one Leila meets first. Once found out though i didn't think there was much chance of convincing everyone not to lynch me as during day 1 pretty much the smallest of hints that you may not be town will kill you.

Goal next time will be to survive more than a couple of days :roll:

I may be the only person who was actually happy to realise that a trophy can also be used as a backscratcher

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:33 pm 

Great game thanks Greenfuji at least i was right about Matt being mafia before i got killed.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:33 pm 

Great game Greenfuji, thanks!

I did try to suggest Nurgle71 as a target for lynching day 5, naming him with Bloodlust as having a low post count.

I couldn't be sure how many Mafia were left but I figure watch the cop a bit more and see if he strikes again.

I then tried to lead the lynch day 6 after I had outed him, everyone was interested in everyone else. It was Mal's attempt to confuse Mafia by saying that MrGTST was unlikely a Bodyguard and that had his own reasons for save that then got everyone else confused.

That was then compounded by Bloodlust claiming Nurgle71 and he were good old Masons and still in contact with one another.....

I dare say if we had of lynched Bloodlust first it would have put Nurgle71 in the clear until Mal investigaged him, or I spotted him killing someone else.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:35 pm 

Then how is it that we were able to PM after you'd turned into a Mafia goon?

Greenfuji was very clear in that we were communicating in line with our Mason POWER roles (which you lose when you become a Mafia goon).

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:36 pm 

Well done Mal and the town. Very good game.

Having played a mason in the past 2 games, the easiest is definitely the one with an additional power. Working with OSOI in the game before with his tracking power and my faith heal led to us having some good conversations. Unfortunately in this game drsn0 and I didn't really have much to say to influence the outcome and didn't come under too much scrutiny till i was killed so didn't have to explain ourselves.

Thanks Greenfuji.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:36 pm 

As this was my first game, I basically did not know what to expect. When I was told I was Luke Skywalker, initial thoughts were joy, but soon I feared for my life. I suspected that with such a name I would be targeted for a kill fairly early, thus my hesitation of revealing my identity.

I must say that the amount of accusations flying around really open your mind up to looking deeper into an possible piece of mis-information. I think I checked the Mafia Wiki at least every day, and towards the end, at least twice. Yesterday was more like 5 times...

I am looking forward to playing again, but will most likely sit the next one out, as I don't know the setting that well. However... wiki is your friend, so maybe I will sign up...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:37 pm 

Quote:

Greenfuji was very clear in that we were communicating in line with our Mason POWER roles (which you lose when you become a Mafia goon).
Greenfuji also said that you were using the power correctly. Nothing about Nurgle using it right...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:41 pm 

Quote:

Bloodlust, if you look back, Nurgle never once responded to any of your PM's. He took the message you told him to post in the thread but never replied. Hence why malignant wanted you guys to communicate in reverse. It was very hard for me to explain that Nurgle could still receive but not respond without giving him up.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:43 pm 

Quote:
Quote:

Greenfuji also said that you were using the power correctly. Nothing about Nurgle using it right...
Nope. If we are BOTH Town Masons, we can communicate and read each other's PMs.

Nurgle was Mafia and therefore should NOT have been able to post my "Vesh is Evil" message.

Furthermore, Nurgle's "For the win :)" PM to me would then break game rules as he was then Mafia and unable to PM outside of the thread.

Mistake made I think.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:45 pm 

Quote:
Quote:

Bloodlust, if you look back, Nurgle never once responded to any of your PM's. He took the message you told him to post in the thread but never replied. Hence why malignant wanted you guys to communicate in reverse. It was very hard for me to explain that Nurgle could still receive but not respond without giving him up.
Precisely. If the recruitment worked as stated, he should have been forbidden from acting on any PM sent by a Mason as that line of communication had been "cut" with the recruitment.

Him PM'ing to me was just a clear rules break then.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:49 pm 

That's what i want to know:/ an interesting turn of events

Sorry to disappoint james i was just jabba trying to get by in town life:p i could only commute on even nights though, i counted on people to think i could every night to keep me out of the way. Would also avoid mafia fliers that way too:p

If that had have gone on i thought the mafia would lynch james making it look like me, throwing everyone off, either that or DJcodex in the hopes they could get to mal afterwards. Seeing as it turned out being nurgle they could have had it if vesh had been lynched:/
How it could've gone:
vesh gets lynched, james gets whacked
looks like me so bloodlust and nurgle jump on the lynch train with only 3 votes needed it'd be a breeze i imagine, that night DJ gets whacked, leaving 3, with bloodlust and nurgle teamed they's bring down mal and then knock of bloodlust leaving nurgle71 the victor

Nice try with the photobucket account there matt:p put me in a bit of hot water for a while, certainly held suspicion of me the whole game for it too.

Thankyou to greenfuji for the awesome game of course. It was a bunch of fun. Don't worry about the tiny error it didn't affect much in the scheme of things

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 841 posts ]  Go to page Previous 153 54 55 56 57 Next