[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
Mafia - Rules & How to Play - Page 2 - WestGamer
It is currently Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:41 am

All times are UTC+08:00

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:02 am 

Quote:
I'm definitely in! ;)

Or as Jon would say: "I'm defiantly in!" :lol:
Blame autocorrect :P

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:04 am 

sounds fun i am in

Accept certain inalienable truths Necrons will rise, invul saves will fail, you too will deep strike off of the table. Later you'll fantasize that when you were young Necrons didn't come back, Tyranids were gods and the scatter die always read Hit

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:34 am 

One more space left to fill in the first game. Sign-up here

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:35 pm 

Quote:
a cop, investigating himself! thats so crazy it just might work!
could be used if you are a paranoid cop to figure that out

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:25 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
quick question can a doc protect himself at night?
Yes. All powers can be used on yourself unless otherwise stated. But remember to be a team player :wink:
Thought I'd post a correction in this thread, in addition to mentioning it in one of the game threads.

Docs can not in fact self-target.

EDIT: In fact, I am changing the statement "can self-target unless otherwise stated" to "cannot self-target unless otherwise stated". This means that not only can docs not self-target but neither can cops, voyeurs or any other investigative role.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:30 pm 

Also, if anyone at any time in the future would like to run their own Mafia game then feel free to do so.

What I suggest is that we simply keep it to 1 game at a time. If multiple people would like to run games then we can create a queue. On other forums I've seen them allow 2 or 3 games at a time but that's with a player pool of like 50+ people as opposed to our 20 something.

It's a bit of work but it's very rewarding. The hardest part is actually having to self-check so much and make sure your PMs are to the right recipients and your answers are correct. A single PM addressed to the mafia team with an incorrect recipient attached and you'd ruin a whole game.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:44 pm 

Another rules clarification that will apply for future games.

Currently roles that receive information about who was targeted by what power i.e. voyeur, receive the specific names of the powers in their results. For example a voyeur result might read "your target was visited by 1x watcher, 1x cop, 1x doc."

In future games the results will be limited to what type of power, rather than specific role. For example the above result would now read "your target was visited by 2x investigative, 1x protection."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:47 pm 

Another rules update that will apply for future games of mine.

Any player that does not make a single post during each game "day" will be killed, with one warning given. If you have a legitimate reason for being absent an entire day then warn me via PM.

To summarize the rules changes that will apply for all future games:

- No power may self target unless specified
- The roles of voyeur and follower will receive "type of power" in their results rather than specific power.
- You must post at least once each game day, with one warning given.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:56 pm 

Also next game I will be introducing a new mechanic:

Setting

My next game will be 'Game of Thrones' themed and I've decided to invent a "setting" mechanic to spice things up. Basically each 'day' will be set in a different location in Westeros (or beyond). The setting will alter the rules in a minor way to keep things exciting. Many of these changes will have to do with voting and lynching.

An example might be: "The player that casts the hammer vote today will receive a special bonus during the night".

The 'hammer vote' for those who aren't aware, is the final vote required to lynch a player.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:05 pm 

Quote:

Any player that does not make a single post during each game "day" will be killed, with one warning given. If you have a legitimate reason for being absent an entire day then warn me via PM.

- The roles of voyeur and follower will receive "type of power" in their results rather than specific power.
Odd question on this as there have been days that have lasted several hours would this apply to those?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:24 pm 

Quote:
Quote:

Odd question on this as there have been days that have lasted several hours would this apply to those?
Good question, and no, days lasting less than 24 hours will not count. I'll have a think about how this rule will play out actually as I don't want to make it too punishing.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:25 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Also next game I will be introducing a new mechanic:

Setting

My next game will be 'Game of Thrones' themed and I've decided to invent a "setting" mechanic to spice things up. Basically each 'day' will be set in a different location in Westeros (or beyond). The setting will alter the rules in a minor way to keep things exciting. Many of these changes will have to do with voting and lynching.

An example might be: "The player that casts the hammer vote today will receive a special bonus during the night".

The 'hammer vote' for those who aren't aware, is the final vote required to lynch a player.
Ooooooooh...

Me likey. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:28 pm 

Setting and No posting killings seem to be good rules. Look forward to seeing the results.

TheGambler#11893
Add me on Hearthstone

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:08 pm 

anyway trying to find details on certain roles I found this which others might enjoy or not and yes I have no idea where you put this so I guess here