[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
Public liability insurance for gaming clubs and events. - WestGamer
It is currently Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:59 am

All times are UTC+08:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ]  [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:32 pm 

Since PAGS was born, we have operated using the insurance from the BDYC where we are based. With a change in administration, we have now been notified that we need to go get our own insurance if we wish to continue renting the hall. We managed to settle this argument a few years back politely but to put it bluntly, the few quotes we have gotten have all been outside our budget.

So, I put this to the community. Where do you guys get your insurance from and what do you pay? What are the conditions you are required to operate under? What are you registered under in order to get it? Non-profit? Charity?

Help me out here cause if this doesn't get resolved, PAGS can't afford to continue operating and massive price hikes will just drive people out.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:54 am 

Hello Dave,

I've been involved with a NFP for a few decades now. We went to Allianz in 2010 - about $517pa for minimal coverage for public Hall hire and it also covers public events (at most other venues).

Or you can compare with the meercat.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:39 am 

What ZZ said is similar to what Outpost had when I was on the committee a couple of years ago, I don't imagine it's changed much (Adrian would be the guy to ask). It's the biggest regular expense outside venue hire.

Outpost is an incorporated not-for-profit organisation and is insured under that.

Whenever we hired a hall we had to show the operators our certificate of currency, it's only ever the City of South Perth now so I imagine it gets given to them every year.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:47 am 

Have the various clubs and groups thought about banding together to get the best price for each of their respective insurances? Negotiating power as a Group may be better. Each Club could still be independent but having say 4 clubs having 4 policies with one insurer is better than 4 clubs having 4 policies with 4 insurers.

just a thought

Spiv

Accept certain inalienable truths Necrons will rise, invul saves will fail, you too will deep strike off of the table. Later you'll fantasize that when you were young Necrons didn't come back, Tyranids were gods and the scatter die always read Hit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:25 pm 

Quote:
Have the various clubs and groups thought about banding together to get the best price for each of their respective insurances? Negotiating power as a Group may be better. Each Club could still be independent but having say 4 clubs having 4 policies with one insurer is better than 4 clubs having 4 policies with 4 insurers.

just a thought

Spiv
I like how you think, Spiv. But I don't think you're thinking big enough. Why not just create an umbrella organisation solely for the purpose of obtaining insurance? So long as any clubs operating under the umbrella fulfilled the same minimum obligations, they could all use the same insurance, right?

EDIT: Call it the Tabletop Gaming Alliance as a nod to the last club that had to close because their bills got too high.

DOUBLE EDIT: Too soon?

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ]  [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable