[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
Star Wars Mafia Game - Page 23 - WestGamer
It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:57 pm

All times are UTC+08:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 841 posts ]  Go to page Previous 121 22 23 24 2557 Next
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars Mafia Game
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:41 am 
Site Admin

Plenty of thoughts. Have my vote lined up already - will post thoroughly when I have time over lunch.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:48 am 

We have actually seen 2 dead scum: The Hat and Orange.

Russia, an approach of this kind would normally be seen by a Watcher?

The person that wrote the offer had a very distinctive writing style with some seeming like just copy and paste game rules or the like that Greenfuji would have given for the parameters of their ability, with the rest being their offer and written in a very different way that was very deliberately crafted.

This is why I want a little more exact info from Mal as I think with two messages we could catch the cult out a lot easier and quicker.

Wyrd Henchman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:51 am 

Quote:
Any thoughts from anyone else?
To be frank, when Malignant posted that note about being offered to change sides I looked up Recruitment on Mafiawiki. I found so little information about this power I thought it was actually possible Mal made it up and was using it to prove his innocence. Remember he also went on to claim he was going to be killed and needed protection from death (which is one way to keep a doctor/healer busy), despite being still alive.

However with a second report it looks much more likely to be genuine, so I suppose I'd better move him down to a lower suspicion level :oops:
Although if I later find out he joined after all I'll be peeved lol.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:54 am 

Quote:
We have actually seen 2 dead scum: The Hat and Orange.

Russia, an approach of this kind would normally be seen by a Watcher?

The person that wrote the offer had a very distinctive writing style with some seeming like just copy and paste game rules or the like that Greenfuji would have given for the parameters of their ability, with the rest being their offer and written in a very different way that was very deliberately crafted.

This is why I want a little more exact info from Mal as I think with two messages we could catch the cult out a lot easier and quicker.
Oh yeah! Can't believe I missed the 2nd dead scum. In that case I expect the cultafia to be quite scared!

A cult leader visiting a target would normally be seen yes. Really any situation where one player targets another player should involve a visible night action.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:55 am 

Quote:
To be frank, when Malignant posted that note about being offered to change sides I looked up Recruitment on Mafiawiki. I found so little information about this power I thought it was actually possible Mal made it up and was using it to prove his innocence. Remember he also went on to claim he was going to be killed and needed protection from death (which is one way to keep a doctor/healer busy), despite being still alive.

However with a second report it looks much more likely to be genuine, so I suppose I'd better move him down to a lower suspicion level :oops:
Although if I later find out he joined after all I'll be peeved lol.[/quote]

This is why I have asked Mal to reveal some more info about the contents of his offer

Wyrd Henchman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:56 am 

whoops stuffed up the quote boxes

Wyrd Henchman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:20 am 

Quote:
Last night I got a message from Darth Vader.

And it wasn't just any message - it was an offer to abandon my role and join the Sith Mafia. There was a threat included that if I didn't join - I would be targeted for a kill. To be clear - I refused.

This tells us some very important things:

- Vader is in the game (surprise!)
- The mafia look to be Sith or Galactic Empire aligned
- The mafia look like they have the ability to recruit one or more members. This could make the game TOUGH.
Quote:
I just checked the night message I received from Vader again, and it specifically said: SITH MAFIA.
This is what Malignant has said so far, edited for brevity.

OSOI can you confirm if your message was sent by 'Darth Vader' as Mal's was? If not then this suggests perhaps that different mafia members can recruit. Are you willing to share any more of the exact text from your message? Every piece might help, especially the part where you said they admitted to having a limited power and the part with the "distinctive writing style".

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:27 pm 

Sorry Russia I would rather leave a couple of the specifics out until Mal posts over lunch just because of some of the implications, If he is taking too long I fear he may of flipped as there have been some subtle points made so far which I am not sure if the author delibertly planted or if he made a slip up. For this I need Mal's info.

Heres some more text from the offer (direct quote)

The thing is, as you saw from the thread, Recruitment is a really rare power, even mafiawiki admits that. This is prolly not just your only chance to change to The Dark Side, its prolly your only chance to ever be converted from good to evil in a Mafia game. Thats not a chance you want to miss. We can't get a recruit every night so you should feel special.

Now the form-letter bit:

JOIN US

YOU have been chosen to join the Sith Mafia. Unlike the other weak town members who are being preyed on, instead of a certain death you will get three things they cannot offer:

1) Knowledge – a complete knowledge of the secrets of who is guilty, who is not, and who is who
2) Power – The Sith can grant you the ability to kill anyone. You will be invited to select the target for the next night strike - and see them fall to the ground before a sound even reaches their lips.
3) Victory - You will be on the winning side. As the town shrinks, the Sith are growing, increasing in number even as the town bicker and watch their friends perish for nothing.

I cannot put the above in quote boxes as it would break the game rules, but this is only about half the text of the offer, there are a few things we can interpret or extrapolate on already.

Wyrd Henchman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:35 pm 

Alright ! Still alive, and i finally might get to play for a day (Everyone seems to get lynched while I'm sleeping or at work :P )

So, what are people's final thoughts on this Mikzor / Jabba character... Did Jabba ever help the Rebels ?
I'm curious, i have little memory of Jabba, except he was a big slug, who was trying to get a Han solo debt repaid ..?
Quote:
So it WAS a trap!
Now that was funny.

TheGambler#11893
Add me on Hearthstone

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:43 pm 

I'd like to hear more about the Sith mafia... At this stage I am concerned with the possibilities... I am very keen to see what Mal has to say on the topic

Touchdowns - 6 For - 3 Against

Casualties - 3 For - 11 Against

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:45 pm 

Quote:
So, what are people's final thoughts on this Mikzor / Jabba character... Did Jabba ever help the Rebels ?
I'm curious, i have little memory of Jabba, except he was a big slug, who was trying to get a Han solo debt repaid ..?
It was a few days and several hundred posts ago, so I'll repost it -- and as a bonus there is one new item of evidence at the bottom.

Investigating MikZor

After Brooksey was killed, I read through his previous posts to try find out of all the town people WHY someone would want him dead. It's safe to say at least one person had a genuine reason for wanting him out of circulation.
Quote:
mikZor, you are officially suspicious in my eyes for the following reasons:

1-Following Vesh's lead as potential cover. I mean out of the few who have posted back, we already have two with suspicious names who can't reveal them for the exact same reason?
2-Questioning the allignment of Han Solo. The guy helps in blowing up the Death Star and yet he could be mafia? Sounds like mikZor's trying to create false suspicions.
3-Failure to reveal name as it could very well be a mafia name.
4-After doing so, still asking for everyone else's name to come forward, possibly so you can better pick your own...
As far as a Day 1 lynch goes (ie without evidence), this is looking promising...
Quote:
1. i'm not following his lead, but i'm in the same position as him
2. My alignment and name don't sit with me, my character and han can't possibly be on the same team, with vesh in the same boat it makes me wonder, of course, he could be bluffing
3. It is more of an evil guy, but has nothing to do with me being town aligned
4. Nope, i want to see if there are any more people in my situation, or any bold enough to come forward with a strange alignment.
5. Had to 1 up you 8)
Quote:
Lynch me if you like, it will be a townmens funeral.
Yes i am Jabba the hutt and i am town aligned. Believe it or not, but i am.
Quote:
Think of it this way; we lynch Jabba and he is:
1)Mafia (as the name clearly suggests), hooray for town.
2)Town then the name theory goes out the door for almost all characters that aren't directly Empire. Still not a bad result given that this will help in choosing the next lynch.
3)Survivor(possible), then no loss by the Town.
4)Serial Killer(possible, he does hire Greedo/Boba Fett), clearly a good result as well.

Sorry mikZor but with a name like that... :oops:
Yep, (unless someone else more dodgy comes out) :D

Vote: mikZor
Quote:
Both Dengar and Jabba have tried to kill/capture Han Solo.
Conclusion:
Before he died, Brooksey appeared dedicated to exposing mikZor as Jabba The Hutt.
There may be some sort of link between Jabba The Hutt and Dengar (apart from both of them wanting Han Solo dead)
It's not conclusive that Jabba The Hutt is mafia. He could also be Town with a surprising name choice or some 3rd partly like a Serial Killer, but noone else had more reason to want Brooksey out of the way.

New Update
There is a new piece of evidence that could be a motive for Khorgor's death, because immediately after Khorgor posted this he was killed at Night:
Quote:
This is a bad bad idea. I really thought we would of learnt our lesson after killing the town doc
I'm starting to agree with suspicions on Russia and now have come to the conclusion that malignant is a survivor who is more than happy to get his win condition by putting heads on the chopping block for the mafia
Lynch VOTE: MikZor
I guess voting for Mikzor is bad for your health. :shock:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:54 pm 

Quote:
I guess voting for Mikzor is bad for your health.
I wonder if looking to close is as well :shock: haha.

I wouldn't have thought Jabba would have a "kill" ability. He doesn't look like the murderous type... (can he hold a blaster?)
Although ... he can afford aa few bounty hunters to work for him...
Quote:
I'd like to hear more about the Sith mafia... At this stage I am concerned with the possibilities... I am very keen to see what Mal has to say on the topic
Is it lunch time yet ? (Seriously .. i have now offically been awake for 24 hours .. I have no idea :? )

TheGambler#11893
Add me on Hearthstone

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:08 pm 

I think Matt's onto it...
Vote: MikZor

Touchdowns - 6 For - 3 Against

Casualties - 3 For - 11 Against

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:10 pm 

Quote:
I think Matt's onto it...
Vote: MikZor
Your a braver man than I ...

TheGambler#11893
Add me on Hearthstone

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:24 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Matt-ShadowLord wrote:
I guess voting for Mikzor is bad for your health.
I wonder if looking to close is as well :shock: haha.
Oh. New information received makes Mikzor look completely innocent. Jabba is Town, repeat Jabba is Town.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 841 posts ]  Go to page Previous 121 22 23 24 2557 Next