Imperial Guard Mafia - Sign Ups
The guardsmen awoke to the deep barking yell of the Colonel and the wailing of a klaxon. They jumped from their cots and pulled on their britches, stumbling half-dressed into the drill yard. The squads began to form up in standard file beside the marching square. Each man ran eagerly at first, joking and carousing with his fellows. Smiles turned to horror as each one saw what awaited them. The figure was strewn across the centre of the yard, seeping in a pool of congealed blood. The skin was flayed and spread around like a shredded pink blanket, the red wet limbs were separated from the torso and jumbled around haphazardly, tangled amongst entrails. The sick smell of blood and carnage stung the nostrils of the guardsmen, a few were visibly choking back vomit. No one could tell who the corpse had been, no recognizable features remained and the mutilation was so exhaustive that even gender was uncertain. The guardsmen glanced at each other discreetly, some trying to see who was missing and others throwing suspicious looks. The Colonel stood to one side, arms folded across his back, his cold eyes hidden by the shadow cast by his cap. The Commissar stood in the human filth, studying the remains with a grim face.
"Someone will pay for this" he murmured to the Colonel.
As this is our first mafia the number of players will be determined by interest with a tentative minimum of 8 and a maximum of 14. If you want to play then please reply to this thread with your name and the player number you are. For example could the first person write "1. Joe Bloggs", the second person "2. Humphrey" etc.
I will leave the sign-ups open for a day or two or until spaces are filled.
Once we have final numbers I will assign roles and powers via PM (rolling a die to make assigning random). Things might go slow at first as everyone figures it out. It might take a death or two before things start really rolling along. Although this is a themed mafia it is one where your theme role will likely reveal your power, so be careful. This game will begin in the Night cycle, so some unfortunate soul might not get a chance to participate. Don't feel bad and better luck next time.
1. Confirm your reception of the role PM with a PM back to me.
2. Do not quote your Role Message.
3. Submit your actions by the deadline. If you have an optional power send me a PM each night as to whether you want to use it or not.
4. Do not edit the content of your posts.
5. Do not talk about the game outside the thread, unless your role specifically allows it. Cheating in this regard is not being clever, it's spoiling the game. Unlike other forums many of us are friends in real life, do not reveal any information to each other in person and try not to favour your friends in any way.
6. Do not post anything substantive after you die unless your role specifically allows it.
7. Have fun. It is a game, please be mature.
8. Please keep rules questions to either the "Rules & How to Play" thread, or PM them to me directly.
14. Aenur, Godfather - Demagogue
6. Nurgle71, Doc - Medic
2. The Hat, Cop - Commissar
4. Scotty Wazza
9. Malignant, Watcher - Unsanctioned Psyker
10. Marked by the Gods
11. Tyrus, Vengeful Townie - Colonel
12. Greenfuji, Junior Commissar, Deputy