[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
Imperial Guard Mafia - Game Over - Mafia Win - WestGamer
It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:11 am

All times are UTC+08:00

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:14 pm 

Imperial Guard Mafia - Sign Ups

The guardsmen awoke to the deep barking yell of the Colonel and the wailing of a klaxon. They jumped from their cots and pulled on their britches, stumbling half-dressed into the drill yard. The squads began to form up in standard file beside the marching square. Each man ran eagerly at first, joking and carousing with his fellows. Smiles turned to horror as each one saw what awaited them. The figure was strewn across the centre of the yard, seeping in a pool of congealed blood. The skin was flayed and spread around like a shredded pink blanket, the red wet limbs were separated from the torso and jumbled around haphazardly, tangled amongst entrails. The sick smell of blood and carnage stung the nostrils of the guardsmen, a few were visibly choking back vomit. No one could tell who the corpse had been, no recognizable features remained and the mutilation was so exhaustive that even gender was uncertain. The guardsmen glanced at each other discreetly, some trying to see who was missing and others throwing suspicious looks. The Colonel stood to one side, arms folded across his back, his cold eyes hidden by the shadow cast by his cap. The Commissar stood in the human filth, studying the remains with a grim face.

"Someone will pay for this" he murmured to the Colonel.

As this is our first mafia the number of players will be determined by interest with a tentative minimum of 8 and a maximum of 14. If you want to play then please reply to this thread with your name and the player number you are. For example could the first person write "1. Joe Bloggs", the second person "2. Humphrey" etc.

I will leave the sign-ups open for a day or two or until spaces are filled.

Once we have final numbers I will assign roles and powers via PM (rolling a die to make assigning random). Things might go slow at first as everyone figures it out. It might take a death or two before things start really rolling along. Although this is a themed mafia it is one where your theme role will likely reveal your power, so be careful. This game will begin in the Night cycle, so some unfortunate soul might not get a chance to participate. Don't feel bad and better luck next time.

Rules

1. Confirm your reception of the role PM with a PM back to me.

2. Do not quote your Role Message.

3. Submit your actions by the deadline. If you have an optional power send me a PM each night as to whether you want to use it or not.

4. Do not edit the content of your posts.

5. Do not talk about the game outside the thread, unless your role specifically allows it. Cheating in this regard is not being clever, it's spoiling the game. Unlike other forums many of us are friends in real life, do not reveal any information to each other in person and try not to favour your friends in any way.

6. Do not post anything substantive after you die unless your role specifically allows it.

7. Have fun. It is a game, please be mature.

8. Please keep rules questions to either the "Rules & How to Play" thread, or PM them to me directly.

Players

Mafia
1. neilw
14. Aenur, Godfather - Demagogue
3. Elysium
5. Bloodlust

Town
6. Nurgle71, Doc - Medic
2. The Hat, Cop - Commissar
7. Drsn0
4. Scotty Wazza
8. Charlie
9. Malignant, Watcher - Unsanctioned Psyker
10. Marked by the Gods
11. Tyrus, Vengeful Townie - Colonel
12. Greenfuji, Junior Commissar, Deputy
13. rocdocta2

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:17 pm 

1. Neil Wellburn

Definitely up to give this a try. Seen it on a few other threads and always wanted to have a go :)

I just used my name as I wasnt sure if we use our own or if we could make one up? If we can make one up can I change it?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:32 pm 

Quote:
1. Neil Wellburn

Definitely up to give this a try. Seen it on a few other threads and always wanted to have a go :)

I just used my name as I wasnt sure if we use our own or if we could make one up? If we can make one up can I change it?
Just use your username. You will be assigned a role by me via PM once sign-up is complete but you may want to keep that secret unless you are pressured to reveal it or feel safe that revealing it won't get you killed by either town or mafia. And remember you can always lie.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:33 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
1. Neil Wellburn

Just use your username. You will be assigned a role by me via PM once sign-up is complete but you may want to keep that secret unless you are pressured to reveal it or feel safe that revealing it won't get you killed by either town or mafia. And remember you can always lie.
Awesome - Thanks Russia!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:34 pm 

2. The Hat

I remember going to a murder mystery party a few years ago and havin a blast this sounds like it could be a simillar adventure!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:50 pm 

Hey what the hell. I don't have much to surf on the net anymore. Looks interesting

3: Elysium

Need a commisar at all?

Olly
Roleplayer09
Wolflord

Revenge shall be mine!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:50 pm 

4. Scotty Wazza

Ready for my duty to the Emperor!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:54 pm 

5. BloodLust

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:03 pm 

6. Nurgle71

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:06 pm 

7. Drsn0

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:14 pm 

8. Charlie

btw is it possible to make a seperate thread just for the mafia to discuss their targets
this of course adds an element of trust in that the town will not look at the thread

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:29 pm 

Quote:
8. Charlie

btw is it possible to make a seperate thread just for the mafia to discuss their targets
this of course adds an element of trust in that the town will not look at the thread
Mafia discuss targets via PM (I tell you who your fellow mafia are when assigning roles), CC'ing all Pm's to me. Once they reach a consensus they nominate one person to PM the final confirmation to me. That person is the "killer".
Quote:
Need a commisar at all?
Remember, you don't want the mafia players to know if you have power, because they'll just kill you at night. This is where the fun comes in, people with powers that give them extra info must be subtle and try to help without revealing themselves, otherwise *crosses finger over throat* Also all roles will be assigned randomly.

I'm sure I don't need to remind everyone to have a thorough read of the rules :D

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:56 pm 
Site Admin

9. Malignant

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:27 pm 

14. Markedbythegods (14 is my football number but 10 works just as well if its confusing lol)

I may be the only person who was actually happy to realise that a trophy can also be used as a backscratcher

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:33 am 

11. Tyrus