It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:51 pm

All times are UTC+08:00

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:43 pm 

http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2015/11/ ... turns.html

Potentially a hoax as looks a bit dodgy, but BOLS seems to have been trolled if it is.

If this is legit I am very interested to see what comes of it.

The "new division" part is particularly exciting... as in.. please be contracting others to work on the rules. :P

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:44 pm 

i call hoax...

Accept certain inalienable truths Necrons will rise, invul saves will fail, you too will deep strike off of the table. Later you'll fantasize that when you were young Necrons didn't come back, Tyranids were gods and the scatter die always read Hit

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:47 pm 

I'm open minded. The limited edition games (and I note Man'o'war's absence from that list) seem to sell well at ridiculous prices. If it's profitable enough, why wouldn't they?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:56 pm 

Well it seems to be legit...

https://www.facebook.com/GWPerth/photos ... fy_me_page

https://www.facebook.com/GWFremantle/ph ... fy_me_page

No word on whether or not they'll be re-releasing them as stand alone games or just doing mail order only like before

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:05 pm 

It's a fairly solid indicator of exactly how much good will they've completely eroded in the community when an announcement like this gets immediately passed off as fake.

For the record, I hope it is fake. Blood Bowl thrived without them. Epic and LoTR are still kicking along with community events and rulesets.

If this is real, they've got their work cut out for them trying to improve (or at least take control back) on something the greater community has made their own.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:47 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:36 pm 

Yaktribe (Gorkamorka & Necromunda) has been going off on the same thread :)

Wouldn't be surprised if it's just a models re-release cash grab. I would be very surprised if they do much with rules.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:20 pm 

They, like most big companies, are a bunch of jerks. They still petty much make the best miniatures you can buy. The thought of them contracting out the rules design, if thats infact what they're doing, is the best decision they've made for a decade.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:58 pm 

I don't know man. I've been playing Malifaux with Alice recently. Their plastics are phenomenal.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:28 pm 

I love Westgamer some days.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:37 pm 

Um...may I forward the thought that Corvus Belli makes better miniature than GW?

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:32 pm 

Quote:
Wouldn't be surprised if it's just a models re-release cash grab. I would be very surprised if they do much with rules.
That's my concern too. It's all well and good to officially support them again, but unless they make an effort to update the rules then I'm just not interested. I know BFG, Necromunda and Mordheim could do with a serious polish. I don't know enough about the rest but Epic and Bloodbowl could be a disaster if GW ignores or clamps down on the community-maintained rulesets.
Quote:
Um...may I forward the thought that Corvus Belli makes better miniature than GW?
It's a question of individual preference but yeah - I don't think GW can claim to make the best looking minis anymore.

Quality of plastics are another matter though. I've yet to see another company design plastics that are as easy to assemble as GWs.

Malifaux Henchman
Currently Painting: KoW Salamanders
Models Painted this Year: 38 (2015: 265)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:33 pm 
Site Admin

There's more to miniature design and production than just the sculpting. GW remains king of the hill (IMO) for now in that regard.

Post subject: Re: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:49 pm 

Quote:
That's my concern too. It's all well and good to officially support them again, but unless they make an effort to update the rules then I'm just not interested. I know BFG, Necromunda and Mordheim could do with a serious polish. I don't know enough about the rest but Epic and Bloodbowl could be a disaster if GW ignores or clamps down on the community-maintained rulesets.
Necromunda too has a community rule set that does a pretty decent job. Still has that 3rd ed feel to it.

Bloodbowl world cup had over 900 coaches. Try to convince them the rules need "fixing". ;)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:14 pm 

For those calling trolls the GW Perth store also confirmed it was real. Will be interesting to see what comes of it.