It is currently Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:50 am

All times are UTC+08:00

Post subject: Proxies?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:59 am 

I'm just wondering what's the general attitude on proxies. I ask because I'm figuring out how to build a Stigmatus Covenant list and the Lord of Battle looks like it'd be a fun unit but the model is fairly silly looking and kind of expensive to buy. If it was cheap but ugly, or expensive but awesome I probably wouldn't mind, but when it's both...

Anyhow, I was thinking that a Feral Titan, modded up to make it seem more assault oriented with blades and stuff, could be a decent proxy. It seems about the right size. I thought I'd check first, though, because while there's no feral titan in the Stigmatus list, it is pretty common in Chaos lists in general, so could that be problematic?

Post subject: Re: Proxies?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:12 am 

I think you'll find most people are fine with it on the following provisos:

1. It's VERY obvious what it represents. In you race if there's only one possible model it could be representing then I'm sure you'll be fine.

2. It's been converted with the right weapons, base size, and army feel; and painted to match the army. What we don't want to see is the same model being used as a 'counts as' for whatever flavour of the week is!

3. The size is as close as possible.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:30 am 

Proxies are fine as long as it's similar in size.
I reckon this is a good proxy for a Lord of Battle.

Facebook page for Gregster's Lab
On-line Catalogue

Want to play Iron Warriors in Epic Armageddon? Click HERE

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:27 am 

Cheers for the responses. I wouldn't even call that a proxy Onyx - it's just a scratch built Lord of Battle :)

Going by tomkatt's list, which seems pretty complete to me...

On points 2 & 3 I think it's okay. I won't be making it something different each week, it's going to be a LoB and only ever a LoB. And while the Feral Titan is a bigger model than the LoB, the LoB has double the DC of the the titan, so in terms of scale it's a better match than the original model.

But it's point 1 that I'm worried about. The only 3 non-daemon war engines in the army are the LoB, the Chaos Altar, and the Plague Tower - so it's obviously not any of those things. But there's a lot of Chaos lists, and plenty of them have Feral Titans in them. I guess I'm concerned about someone thinking it's a Feral Titan part way through a turn, especially because Feral titans are very different units.