It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:59 pm

All times are UTC+08:00

Post subject: Who plays Inquisitor ?
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:15 pm 

Hey guys,

Just wondering who n Perth plays Inquisitor and if they can give me some insight to this system, me and my house mate both have a model (He has a Space Marine and I have Inquisitor Tyrus) is that enough ?, a good starting intro level at less ?
Are the rules easy to follow and how long does a game take to play and get your head around.

Cheers for any info guys

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:03 pm 

It's much more an RPG than a traditional table top game. The marine will basically always beat any other character one on one

Official Malifaux Henchman for Perth, Western Australia - Interested in a Demo? PM me!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:25 am 

I find that its for a group where everyone plays as a character in an Inquisitors war band and the storyteller supplies and operates the opposition war band / challenge. Couple of different groups I was with did this as a dice less RPG and combat was resolved as a table top game.

Prime Caine 2 - 1 Epic Caine 1 - 1 J Krane 1 -

Khador

Prime Butcher of Khardov 1
-0 Karchev the Terrible 0 - 0 Kommander A Zerkova 0 - 0

REDNECK RUMBLE 2011 & 2012 OVERALL CHAMPION

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:31 am 

Nice model range and I really enjoyed painting and concerning them.

However, the nature of the game IMO you're much better of playing either 28mm where you've probably already got a mountain of "opposition" figures & terrain settings to choose from, or playing figure-less "theatre of the mind" style.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:46 pm 

There is something called Inquisimunda that sounds intriguing, i'm not sure what it is but it's got something to do with Necromunda and Inquisitor so that can't be a bad thing.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:53 pm 

From memory, they used to run campaigns at 28mm at Outpost (North). Was keen to find out more on that one, but getting to Outpost nights hasn't always proved easy.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:34 am 

Yea the game mechanics sound kewl, but with the lack of interest and no sign of any one else playing this it might become another washed out idea, might put if forward to the gaming group but use normal 40k models as someone suggested. Shame the 54mm models are pretty kewl, but obesely not cheap.

Cheers guys.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:30 am 

I've always wanted to play it, but never never found people to invest in it.

Keen to use 28mm scale models though

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:25 am 

I was the one running it at outpost waaaay back in the day. My advice would be to look at the 40k RPGs (deathwatch, dark heresy, rogue trader, only war, black crusade) as they are the natural progression.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:54 am 

Kewl might see if there is a few ppl interested in using normal models then, or missing therules with kill team as it could be a kewl campainge game =)