It is currently Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:43 am

All times are UTC+08:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 246 posts ]  Go to page Previous 111 12 13 14 1517 Next
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:15 pm 

I do sort of wonder if they are just adding the stupid rules to old armies to try and get us to buy new ones. None of the sigmarines or goretide have such rules…..although with such a small number of new units its hard to tell if these types of rules will continue into the new releases.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:19 pm 

Quote:
I could see wulfriks special rules starting some fights.
But you can re-roll To Hit rolls! Totally worth making someone cry... :roll:

BFG Tyranid Hive Fleet

Dystopian Wars June 2013 Campaign TFR

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:48 pm 

Quote:
I do sort of wonder if they are just adding the stupid rules to old armies to try and get us to buy new ones. None of the sigmarines or goretide have such rules…..although with such a small number of new units its hard to tell if these types of rules will continue into the new releases.

I think so too Karl. Or maybe i just hope so.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:18 pm 

I think its a 9 year old marketing tool.

Too bad they could not add an army creation mechanism then we could all play. Other than these great models being used for 40k. Can we all say

Custodes emperor guys - just add bolt guns.
Choas guys - berserkers just add bolt pistols.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:24 pm 

AND backpacks

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:50 pm 

Just dawned on me.

I think a lot of the great black library books/authors set in warhammer just got shafted.
A lot of the authors will probly just not bother with the new source material.
Maybe alessio can snatch them up to expand the KOW fluff?

Olly
Roleplayer09
Wolflord

Revenge shall be mine!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:27 pm 

Ok rage subsiding supposedly latest rumour is that once the box set is released there is a campaign book much like horus hersay format that will released a point system, new version of the scrolls and advanced rules around magic etc.

:cry:

So I give it until the end of the initial 6 week release.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:20 am 

Quote:
Ok rage subsiding supposedly latest rumour is that once the box set is released there is a campaign book much like horus hersay format that will released a point system, new version of the scrolls and advanced rules around magic etc.
There's been alot of fake rumours floating around for 9th ed in recent weeks. So I'll believe it when i see it.

Malifaux Henchman
Currently Painting: KoW Salamanders
Models Painted this Year: 38 (2015: 265)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:54 am 

I already bailed on GW (mostly, still bought some black library) about three or so years ago when they started their anti Australian consumer price fixing crap.

But I try to keep up with news a little bit because WHFB was my hobby of choice for so bloody long. This outcome just makes me sad. I mean 8th wasn't that amazing but at least you could play it with a well adjusted stranger and have a good time. I don't think that's possible anymore. The rules look like garbage, and while the models look well sculpted I don't like the design at all.

The only positive to all of this is that now Warhammer is dead it might end up being resurrected by the community A la Bloodbowl.

Now that Warhammer is dead and GW isn't bring it back lets get to work on a 7/8 ed hybrid rule set ...or hell, just go back to 7th.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:24 am 

GW Trolls Fans ahead of Age of Sigmar

http://www.3plusplus.net/2015/07/gw-tro ... of-sigmar/

:wink:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:00 pm 

Quote:
This has apparently been confirmed by a GW rep at Forgeworld Open Day:
Quote:
GW had a guy camped out at the Forge World open day whos entire job was to answer questions and talk to people about Age of Sigmar. His entire job is to go to shows and talk to people about the new game. For the first time I think ever they're taking Age of Sigmar to Gencon, Comic Con, all the major wargames conventions in Europe etc. They're throwing a considerable amount of money at putting this in front of new audiences who have never played fantasy before. He was also brutally honest and didn't dodge any questions and answered everything he could. I'll start with the negative stuff first.

This is it. There categorically will not be a '9th' edition of fantasy. Age of Sigmar is the only thing fantasy related GW will do for the considerable future.

He acknowledges that the 'funny' rules are rather silly and don't make for a great intro to the system for new people. His response was that the armies in the box set don't have the silly rules. They're there as kind of a celebration and final send off of the old warhammer armies, and he said you might notice the new armies don't have the stupid noises or imaginary friends. This is deliberate, its designed that you'll only generally play the old stuff with your mates since it's a bit embarassing to play in a public place.

The new races will look different to the old ones. Ooruks will not look the same as the orcs we currently have. As such, when they get round to releasing Ooruks, the old models will cease production. He did say that you can still use your old models as ooruks, but you won't be able to buy normal orc boys again.

There will never be points values.

On to the slightly positive stuff then.

They are going to fully support all modes of play, and will be releasing rules to balance armies against each other. There will be narrative campaigns where your forces are picked for you for specific missions, and there will be a system for tournament players to balance lists that isn't based on model count. He did not know the specifics of this, but said it is definitely coming.

The rules will always be free. He said that they are very very aware that fantasy had a massive buy in for someone to get started, as such the game was designed with the ability to play it with one box of models. There will be army books, but every rule in them will be available, for free, online. The books will just have extra background info and scenarios.

GW really are trying harder than they ever have before to make this work. If you're at one of the shows go and talk to them. They want to talk to you about this, but especially they want your feedback on it. As he said, this is totally uncharted territory for them and they are totally open to rules revisions as they go.
Original post on SomethingAwful, i'll post the link if people want but these forums are trolly as hell...

BFG Tyranid Hive Fleet

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:36 pm 

Warhammer World this Morning.

The malevolent Over-Master Zhudhak Ironbull, famed for riding into battle on Abyss's most fierce Abyssal Dragon - Cacus the fire breathing giant.

Outpost6030 I challenge you!!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:08 pm 

This actually looks really cool!

BFG Tyranid Hive Fleet

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:18 pm 

It's pretty awesome, shame the rules don't match the ace models.

The malevolent Over-Master Zhudhak Ironbull, famed for riding into battle on Abyss's most fierce Abyssal Dragon - Cacus the fire breathing giant.

Outpost6030 I challenge you!!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:50 pm 

I have read the Skaven book, no larding that I could see. I have only skimmed the game rules.

I haven't played fantasy in a long time, Age of Sigmar does look fun, still can't see me returning to GW games.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 246 posts ]  Go to page Previous 111 12 13 14 1517 Next