It is currently Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:34 pm

All times are UTC+08:00

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:40 pm 

Skaven End Times Book Cover

http://www.warseer.com/forums/attachmen ... 1420434821

The malevolent Over-Master Zhudhak Ironbull, famed for riding into battle on Abyss's most fierce Abyssal Dragon - Cacus the fire breathing giant.

Outpost6030 I challenge you!!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:44 am 

I really hope bone ripper can fire all of those simultaneously……..can you imagine the misfire potential! (entire skaven army explodes seems about right to me)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:59 am 

Thanquol and Boneripper rules:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-LMn8yw7yiqA/V ... AEDWVs.jpg

(really effin blurry, but from what I can make out):

* Same cost as KFA

* WS4, S6(?), T5, W8, A6(?), Ld7(?)

* Unbreakable (!!!)

* 4++

* Rolls a dice at start of turn - gets a Wound back on a 5+

* Lvl 4 (No Loremaster), but adds 1 to casting rolls

* Starts the game with D6 + 2 Warpstone Tokens and doesnt take Wounds when rolling 1's using Warpstone Dice.

* Shootripper - This version of Boneripper has Warpfire Projectors. From what I can tell they are a S5 fire thrower, with Quick to Fire, Move or Fire and D3 Wounds. I cant make out much more (some rule relating to it at the top-right of the page that I cant see), but apparently people on Twitter reckon it shoots twice? Oh and on a misfire it flames a nearby friendly unit.

* Flailripper - This version of Boneripper has Warpstone Braziers - +1 Strength, D3 Wounds and Flaming, rerolls failed To Wound rolls (including Impact Hits? I cant see anything saying the model gets Impact Hits though...), models in base contact take a Toughness test or suffer a Wound with no armour save.

Overall he is looking pretty beastly. Either go the Warpfire Thrower route and be a scary War Machine, or get up close and personal and smash serious Moster/ Monstrous Infantry face.

Kings of War - still rolling my dice and moving my mice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:05 pm 

Looks like 650 points to me, which would make him a fair bit cheaper than franz, but it’s hard to tell.

The warpfire projector looks like it can fire twice, and at different targets, and re-rolls failed rolls to wound. I am slightly outraged that he only kills nearby friendlies on a misfire rather than blowing up in spectacular fashion……..having said that I am also delighted as it makes him decidedly playable.

Tough call on which version to go for. The brazier version should smash monsters/monstrous cav up good and proper (and potentially at a pretty good price), but with a fairly low attacks vaule an abomination would deal with infantry better.

On the flip side the projector version could be fairly horrible for infantry, but he isn’t particularly threatening to monstrous units then. Looks like a great close support piece….throwing out a pair of fire templates, wither, cracks call, and cloud of corruption right from the front line.

Still looks like a high risk unit for skaven. Anything that exposes the general needs serious thinking about!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:44 pm 

Hopefully he doesnt have a rule that automatically makes him the General (cant see one in all that blurry text?). If I were to run him I would go with a secondary Grey Seer as the General (as both have Ld 7), stick wrecking balls on Boneripper and use it to clear MC/ Horde MI (ie: units that Skaven hate the most). Being a Lvl 4 Wizard is basically gravy (charge a unit, Wither it, Plague it, smash its face in).

Also, being unbreakable is HUGE for a Skaven army. He can reliably anchor a part of the battleline and tank hits (unlike Bells and Furnaces).

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:51 am 

http://imgur.com/a/9hRYX

Pics and rules for the new Stormfiends. Holy crap do they have some ridiculous equipment options.

A man's greatest work is to break his enemies, to drive them before him, to take from them all the things that have been theirs, to hear the weeping of those who cherished them.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:27 am 

Really really expensive... but they do a lot of damage dont they. The ratling gun unit would put out on average 15 S5 armour piercing hits, reroll to wound. And the mortars: 4+ reroll to wound, ignore armour.

The best set up for a close combat unit actually seems to be one of each weapon. Tunneling seems a no brainer as you arrive on turn 2 and can charge the turn you arrive.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:42 am 

Yep, they are quite nice, but being in the already overcrowded Rare section really hurts them.

They certainly have a use (they are very good at cracking open MC units), but a unit of 6 is nearly your whole Rare allowance. To put it in perspective, 2 cannons and 2 doomwheels costs less than 6 Stormfiends.