[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
Undead Legion Zombie Apocalypse List. - WestGamer
It is currently Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:23 am

All times are UTC+08:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ]  [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:09 pm 

So getting my stuff together for 2k tournament next year and thought id post the list see if peeps had any suggestions on how to improve. Played several games with it and it seems to work well, the idea isn't to totally destroy my opponent its to do some damage while giving up nothing myself. Strangely for a magic heavy list my ideal winds of magic phase roll is double 1 as will become clear.

Master necromancer lvl 4 lore of undeath black periapt

Necromancer lvl 1 lore of vampire
Necromancer lvl 2 lore of undeath power scroll

20 skeleton archers
20 skeleton archers
21 zombies standard bearer musician
21 zombies standard bearer musician
20 zombies
20 zombies

Corpse cart unholy lodestone
34 Graveguard standard bearer with banner of the barrows champion

Casket of souls
Hierotitan

So basically the 3 necromancers with lore of vampires spam invocation on 6+ behind the graveguard while the two necromancers with lore of undeath summon more necromancers whenever they can as well as more units of zombies. Each zombie unit when hit by an invocation gain 2d6 + wizard level of models (which can take it beyond its starting size) and the corpse cart allows me to re roll one of the dice.
With the casket of souls the 5 wizards and the black periapt ill be gaining on average 5 extra power dice a phase (I don't really care that much about incoming magic as chances are I can resurrect anything the spell kills) and that usually means I have 12. As no victory points are awarded for summoned models the zombie units that are brought up are used as nothing more than tarpits.
The corpse cart right behind the graveguard unit, when hit by an augment (invocation) grants always strikes first to anything within its radius, so the graveguard are striking at I3 with great weapons usually hitting on a 3+.
Anyways let me know what you think and any suggestions.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:42 pm 

When you are being charged on turn 2 buy crushers or any heavy cav your going to die very quickly.

You need either some faster chaff like single ghost units and some heavy hitters. The giant sized ghouls (forgot their name), vargiests or a black knight unit with vampire. The grave guard will be ignored or chaffed up to many points in the one basket at 2000 points.

I have seen several people try summoning zombie hordes and they never seem to hold out and the army usually has no hitting power.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:15 pm 

Yeah used to have that problem with heavy cav. Now however with the ability to raise so many different things it's not such a problem. A summoned unit of zombies works fine to speed bump heavy cav and once engaged with one of the main zombie units it doesn't matter how many you kill it won't be enough.
A favourite trick is to summon a cairn wraith to take on heavy cav or use that power stone to drop the cav summoning spell to a 8+ and get 5 hexwriaths and dare them to Charge.
I

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:54 am 

The list does seem a little soft but I can see the potential at 2000 points as most other armies won't have as much heavy hitters so easier to redirect,

I think I would combine the 2 20 man zombie units to one so they can be used as a anvil for the GG, I also feel that your relying to much on your summoning units to survive, if you come up against a slan or HE I think your going to have a very bad time, even with the dice form the casket and the +d3 from the Heiro, Speaking of wich it might be worth checking the Heiro actualy gives you the D3 as it may state liche priest within 12 rather than frielndly wizard.

The other problem I see with the list is how are you going to be getting points from the enemy. I cant see too much heavy hitters and 1+ armour is going to be a real pain, the only thing I can see dealing with this is the GG and I feel that they will just be ignored for killing all your smaller units.

I deffinitly think your idea has potential and if you have had a few wins with the list all the better but on a tournie scene I worry on this lists performance.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:11 pm 

The Hierotitan rules state all friendly Nehekharan Undead wizard which in nagash book is changed to all undead wizards. My formation is very tight with the gg and zombies as close as possible all in horde formation. With an extra 5 power dice on average the opponent basically has to decide which spells are vital to stop.
I had a game against an empire list last week and the first magic phase went like this ( I went second)
4 and a 3 for winds plus three from the Casket and 2 from the Periapt meant I had twelve dice even before channeling vs 4 dispel and a scroll. First spell 2 dice to summon a swarm on a 10+ which I got no problem he didn't try to dispel so I got a spirit host infront of his 10 man unit of inner circle knights.
2 dice summon a necromancer which he used 3 to dispel as I got 13.
Casket on 2 dice targetting his cannon at the back which he scrolled.
Now he has one left I have 6.
Popped the scroll and cast summon cav on an 8+ with two dice and got 5 hexwriaths which were in the way of his demi gryphs.
Them with my remaining 4 dice I cast grave call for more zombies and three invocations one of which failed to cast as I rolled a two and one he failed to dispel.

His next turn he charged the knights in and moved the demi gryphs around and tried to cast flaming swords on the knights which I through six dice at to stop and that was that. Cannons and hellblasters couldn't do enough damage and while eventually he killed the spirit host both the knights and the demi gryphs spent the rest of the game hacking through zombies that were worth no victory points. The hexwriaths did brilliantly and owned his artillery and the gg murdered his spearmen with the bsb and wizard lord in it. In the end I won 15 5 and lost only my Hierotitan and corpse cart to cannon fire (I got a second cart back but wasn't willing to risk 6 dice for the titan)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:21 pm 

Sweet sounds awesome!

Well if you can raise like that every turn that's great! I'm still unsure but as I said it still has potential. :P

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:29 pm 

Yeah it will never wipe the floor with an entire army but it's very hard to get victory points from. I'm still unsure on the best number and lores of Necromancers however. I really think I need one with death in there but then I am losing an invocation taking it down to 2 or missing a couple of undeath summoning spells.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:57 pm 

I encourage you to start using the magic rules from the Khaine book.
More and more of us will be using it, and I think you'll find it is designed to balance magic phases like this.
I feel you might be disappointed with the performance of the list in the future

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:26 pm 

On the contrary end times khaine is a huge improvement for my army (with the cast rules in the upcoming 2.6k tournament ie successfully cast means meeting the casting value)
I've written a list for that and I take a level 4 vampire lord with lore of Vampires. In the army is a Mortis Engine, a heirotitan and a Casket of Souls for rare. This means I'm rolling 2 dice for the 12 + invocation and adding +4 for level +1 for book of asur +2 for Mortis Engine + d3 for Hierotitan and +d3 for dark acolyte.
So I'm adding between 9 and 13 to my magic total each cast and I don't care how well you roll for dispel your gonna run out of dice very quickly if I'm spamming that.
Even if I get u lucky and roll 1 for how many dice I can roll I still ok by need a 3+ to get the spell off!
With an average of 17 dice a phase that's a couple of three dice summons and 6 invocations a turn! Those zombie units will be in the hundreds in two good turns.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:12 am 

The list looks OK for what its trying to do. I would be a bit concerned by the number of points it could bleed against ranged attacks though (since it will struggle to get many if someone can actually fight the grave guard - soul feeder prince maybe)

If you are set on the zombie horde then it might be worth getting some shadow or death magic since these might actually allow the zombies to win a combat!

Against serious cc armies you will probably struggle.......anything that can engage you in several places at once and start hammering the zombies will really strain your summoning power (last time i fought nagash i was able to blow through 100 zombies in two rounds of combat with 3 of my own units (out of 9 excluding chaff))

Even with matches ruling on end times magic all your wizards lose the ability to cast a spell for a phase if one of them fails to meet a casting value.....it wont happen often but it will happen and it may well be a game ender when it does....since your game is to summon.

Out of interest what was the vamp lord list?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:25 am 

Quote:
On the contrary end times khaine is a huge improvement for my army (with the cast rules in the upcoming 2.6k tournament ie successfully cast means meeting the casting value)
I've written a list for that and I take a level 4 vampire lord with lore of Vampires. In the army is a Mortis Engine, a heirotitan and a Casket of Souls for rare. This means I'm rolling 2 dice for the 12 + invocation and adding +4 for level +1 for book of asur +2 for Mortis Engine + d3 for Hierotitan and +d3 for dark acolyte.
So I'm adding between 9 and 13 to my magic total each cast and I don't care how well you roll for dispel your gonna run out of dice very quickly if I'm spamming that.
Even if I get u lucky and roll 1 for how many dice I can roll I still ok by need a 3+ to get the spell off!
With an average of 17 dice a phase that's a couple of three dice summons and 6 invocations a turn! Those zombie units will be in the hundreds in two good turns.
The Chaos against Humanity tournament actually rules that if the spell is dispelled, the same Wizard cannot cast that spell again, although a different Wizard my attempt it if all previous attempts have reached the casting value.
The spamming you are talking about isn't possible if someone dispels your first attempt.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:55 am 

Ju's interpretation of the rule is how I have played the last couple of khaine magic games and it really balances the magic player.
Im a TK player also and unfortunately we lost a lot of our awesomeness with casting when khaine came out, that and all the dirty vamp players stealing our cool units :lol:

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ]  [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable