It is currently Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:47 pm

All times are UTC+08:00

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:04 am 

I was referring to the successfully cast wording.

Vc -... Whenever he successfully casts invocation of Nehek...

Khaine -... As long as all previous attempts to cast have been successful...

Was thinking that might have sorted out that successfully cast meant pre dispel, as in the FAQ it clearly states dark acolyte adds d3 pre dispel post successfully cast.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:35 pm 

I'm super positive Mitch had a solution to this issue, something we may have all overlooked.

I can only say be patient and what for the TO to make a ruling in the next day or so?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:49 pm 

I'm not sure if I am answering the relevant question or not but the spamming thing isn't really open to interpretation the way I see it.

Per Page 36 first paragraph of the big red rule book
'If the enemy has failed his dispel attempt (or not even attempted one!), the spell is cast successfully and its effect is now resolved.'

This is the only place in the magic rules where is defines what a successful casting is.
To Me This means that if a spell is dispelled then it may not be cast again that phase under these rules.

Of course the TO has there own choices to make regarding this but i think i will be playing that if its dispelled then the spell is done for the phase among friends.

+++++Ok I just went back through the thread and relised that what I have stated above has been said already so feel free to disregard+++

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:24 pm 

Quote:
I'm not sure if I am answering the relevant question or not but the spamming thing isn't really open to interpretation the way I see it.

Per Page 36 first paragraph of the big red rule book
'If the enemy has failed his dispel attempt (or not even attempted one!), the spell is cast successfully and its effect is now resolved.'

This is the only place in the magic rules where is defines what a successful casting is.
To Me This means that if a spell is dispelled then it may not be cast again that phase under these rules.
I agree with your reading of the rules for what it's worth. :D

The malevolent Over-Master Zhudhak Ironbull, famed for riding into battle on Abyss's most fierce Abyssal Dragon - Cacus the fire breathing giant.

Outpost6030 I challenge you!!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:46 pm 

Quote:
I'm super positive Mitch had a solution to this issue, something we may have all overlooked.

I can only say be patient and what for the TO to make a ruling in the next day or so?
According to Mitch's tournament thread he already has made a ruling - spells will be able to be cast multiple times so long as they meet the casting value (so dispelling wont stop multi-cast).

However its still good to hash this out between ourselves. Never know when we will need to come to a consensus on the issue.

EDIT: Even though he says that spells can be multi-cast in the thread, Mitch mentions that he will add the question in the FAQ. I imagine that he needs to speak to Todd from GW Perth first before making a ruling (as I believe this event is being run by the both of them).

Kings of War - still rolling my dice and moving my mice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:44 pm 

Here's a though for food, broken concentration is not a rule that affects dispelling so if I roll one dice and flunk my first dispel for the turn my lvl 4 wizard cannot dispel again that phase.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:30 am 

I think Mitch has come up with a really good way of ruling this that should keep everyone happy. Its certainly a house rule, but that's pretty unavoidable given the situation.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:34 am 

Yeah, im really happy with the way that Mitch + Todd have ruled this. Its not too dissimilar to how 8th ed Magic works now, and if you want to spam spells then you need to invest in wizards knowing the same Lore.

Kings of War - still rolling my dice and moving my mice