It is currently Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:35 am

All times are UTC+08:00

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:33 pm 

Quote:
My only advice is bring a unit champion on every unit and slow him down as much as possible, or pray to whoever you think listens that we all start playing mission based games and characters/monsters cant claim them!
Or we maybe start looking at comp, or outright ban the ET books from tournament play.

*Ducks for cover!*

:lol: :P

Kings of War - still rolling my dice and moving my mice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:54 pm 

Nah I dont think he is that bad. At over 800 points he needs some juicy targets to make his points back. Will be interesting to see how big an impact he has.......armies without cheap units will hate him (except high elves), but most can tar pit him for a few rounds and then just suck up some hurt.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:44 pm 

Quote:
Nah I dont think he is that bad. At over 800 points he needs some juicy targets to make his points back. Will be interesting to see how big an impact he has.......armies without cheap units will hate him (except high elves), but most can tar pit him for a few rounds and then just suck up some hurt.
See, I think it depends. I could see KF killing everything in Yordan's current WoC army for instance, and there is almost no way an Ogre player is going be able to beat him unless he gets lucky with the Ironblasters.

I dont believe he needs to make his points back - he just needs to destroy the 2 biggest threats in the opposing army (which he is more than capable of doing), then let the rest of the Empire army mop up. The fact that he can fly is massive, and almost no unit in the game can stand toe to toe with him (unless he does something stupid like charge a block of 100 slaves or something).

He is like a WoC Daemon Prince on steroids and will single-handedly affect how you deploy your army.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:09 pm 

Oh I agree, I think Mr Franz would cause some of the current armies fits! However most of them could adapt to include stuff that would help against him. Ogres are somewhat up the creek against him though.

I will be really interested to see just how much harder to deal with than a prince he will be. More wounds, but its a lot easier to deal those wounds (especially with S3 or 4 attacks), and once they are done they stay done (rather than replenished with soul feeder). Assuming a sword of striking on the prince then Karl only kills about three 1W models more per turn than the prince.

This is not to say he isnt utterly terrifying, but perhaps not as bad as the initial impression.....maybe. I am still a hell of a lot more scared of Nagash!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:23 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
My only advice is bring a unit champion on every unit and slow him down as much as possible, or pray to whoever you think listens that we all start playing mission based games and characters/monsters cant claim them!
Or we maybe start looking at comp, or outright ban the ET books from tournament play.

*Ducks for cover!*

:lol: :P
Casey this is a thread about the new end of times book and rules of the models, if u want to talk about comp talk about it in another thread I'm sick of reading about you wanting comp and to ban new cool models and character rules.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:58 pm 

A debate is raging on Warhammer forum and Warseer etc, regarding the use of the the new summoning spell.

I have the new Glotkin book and the wording is:

All Chaos Wizards know the summoning spell.........

This is were the debate has started, as there is two schools of thought with regards to the wording as follows:

1. Only Warrior of Chaos wizards can cast this spell, as they are the only actual Chaos Wizards.

The other

2. All spell casters in a Chaos army know the summoning spell, this includes, Daemons of Chaos, Warriors of Chaos, Beastmen and Chaos Dwarfs.

Also, the spell only summons models with the Daemonic special rule and the max you can summon is 400 slaves, however this is cast at the same level as every other bomb spell.

Thoughts?

The malevolent Over-Master Zhudhak Ironbull, famed for riding into battle on Abyss's most fierce Abyssal Dragon - Cacus the fire breathing giant.

Outpost6030 I challenge you!!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:30 pm 

That spell is a scenario special rule - its not in the army list entry at all!

Official Malifaux Henchman for Perth, Western Australia - Interested in a Demo? PM me!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:41 pm 

I agree the summon spell is only in the section regarding scenario rules.

Its not in the normal legions rules so does not count for normal games.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:47 pm 

Quote:
That spell is a scenario special rule - its not in the army list entry at all!
Yeah. Was wondering when this would cause a stir.
Masaen is right.
The introduction of the summoning spell only takes places in the scenario games that use the Chaos ascension scenario rules.
additionally, 400 Slaves is 800pts. This is not the max summoning size for the spell. In fact, the total is only 200pts (there, I used an actual number).

In short.
tournament players will not need to know how this interacts with the game unless the TO introduces *the* Chaos Ascension scenario rules.

Otherwise, if you actually wondering how it works when playing scenarios, we can have that discussion too

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:27 pm 

Its a bit dismissive saying the chaos ascendant rules are scenario only since the book clearly states (quoted in page two of this thread) that it is used in the scenarios and any other games that you feel the narritive calls for it. To play devils advocate a bit, whats to stop me saying I feel the narritive of all my games calls for chaos ascendant?

Despite this it seems we are all in agreement here so thats nice and stress free :-)

Anyone else notice that the warriors prince in the legion list has mundane attacks?

What are the chaos players amongst us thinking of trying with the legion list? Im thinking of running the blight kings for a bit, but will need to see how my plague bearers hold up as unstable anvils. If they dont do so well Im tempted to switch core to nurgle warriors or slaanesh gor (+ shadow magic for mindrazor)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:39 pm 

Let's see if GW decide to FAQ the new summoning spell, similar to how they did for the legion of Undeath.

However, it would be more prudent to FAQ the individual army books, rather than the main rule book.

Until that time, I don't see many TO's or without prior agreement gaming clubs in Perth allowing this, that would shake up the Meta for too many people.

On a lighter note, I'll be fielding my Legion of Chaos army soon and with some very nice new models :lol:

The malevolent Over-Master Zhudhak Ironbull, famed for riding into battle on Abyss's most fierce Abyssal Dragon - Cacus the fire breathing giant.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:43 am 

So has anyone actually come across this little nugget of internet wisdom?:

http://imgur.com/Ch2eeIq

What are our thoughts here?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:38 am 

The wording of the rules (RAW) is that you can't take magic items.

Magic items aren't mentioned anywhere, it's the respective army books that give you access to the army specific items. For example in Warhammer Armies: Warriors of Chaos gives models access to those magic items in addition to the rule book items.

This may just have been intentionally done as to not give the new books some very powerful combos (like taking a Doombull with Blackened Plate leading say 17 Trolls in horde formation).

In summary in a Legion of Undeath army it would appear you can't take VC magic items on a TK model.

Thoughts?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:41 am 

You cant take vc items on the TK characters,
The only items available to either is from there own army book to my understanding.

Although there is warhammer rage on other forums arguing that UL can only take the common magic items :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:55 am 

Annoyingly I only stumbled across this while waiting at the airport this morning and so cant check the exact wording of any of the books. I do remember the Glottkin book making mention of daemonic gifts (and possibly chaos mutations?) though…….seems strange that daemons would be allowed gifts but warriors and beasts not allowed their items.

It seems to boil down to whether people think “all options presented in their corresponding army book” (or words to that effect) includes magic items or not.

I just cant decide what to do with the core options in the legion! My beloved plague bearers really seem like they would be better at adding static res now rather than tar pitting big nasties which should erode them rather too quickly now. How would they compare to slaanesh gor? The mark solves a lot of issues beasts had, and they get the flexibility of being able to flee, add in just a little magical buffing and they should be pretty handy units for less than 10 points each. And then there are warriors…….too slow to really synergise well with many builds, but points for points they beat a lot of units. I wonder if they could work well in a more defensive or turn 4-6 list backed up by tzeentch magic, a couple of skull cannons , a hell cannon, and some exulted flamers for some real ranged options while they make their way across the table.