It is currently Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:44 am

All times are UTC+08:00

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:44 am 

I'm just gonna leave this here.......

http://www.blacklibrary.com/Downloads/P ... OKv1.9.pdf

Thoughts?
Also how will this effect WHFB ultimates and list construction?
I'm going to assume because of its late release date we will be using the previous version of the FAQ

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:59 am 
Site Admin

I anticipated that this might happen.

The new FAQ will be in use at Ultimates. However - there are a few changes in the Ultimates player guide that overrule the main game rules, and as such - elements of this FAQ. Read the player guide carefully before submitting your lists.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:49 am 

Well, that removes any debate about how 'official' the end times are.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:34 am 

Quote:
Well, that removes any debate about how 'official' the end times are.
I dunno. The Erratta doesnt mention anyting about Undead Legions...

Personally I hope we dont start seeing End Times lists in local tournaments until all the books are released - it only takes one rotten apple to spoil the bunch.

Kings of War - still rolling my dice and moving my mice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:34 am 

Yes, I had a look at the Warhammer forum after writing that and discovered the debate raging as hard as ever (why is the first reaction of these people to a new release “ban it” or “its broke, comp it now”?)

If you don’t use the nagash rules don’t you run into horrific problems with summoned undead?......they would never be able to march (I think), and would immediately start crumbling. I guess the rules would allow you to do these things, they would just be utterly pointless!

If a “rotten” end times list appears just ban it, no reason to disregard several other perfectly fine lists in the meantime. It would be like saying “we shouldn’t use any of the 8th edition lists in case one rotten apple spoils the bunch”

As an example if the chaos legions list allows complete freedom to mix and match it will need comping (the mind boggles a little at the horrible things that could be done there). However with some extra restraints in place it could be a really cool list!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:10 am 

Quote:
As an example if the chaos legions list allows complete freedom to mix and match it will need comping (the mind boggles a little at the horrible things that could be done there). However with some extra restraints in place it could be a really cool list!
Pretty sure we just had a discussion about comp/ restrictions in Fantasy. IIRC, the outcome was a "no". :P

But I agree, there will come a point in time where we as a community will have to do something. To use another hypothetical example: imagine that profiles become combined in 9th ed as they are in End Times - bam, we now have Chaos Lords riding Dragons with a 3++ ward that rerolls 1s. That is beyond stupid, and I would be sorely disappointed if we didnt start looking at comp if and when that happens.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:14 am 

Quote:
... bam, we now have Chaos Lords riding Dragons with a 3++ ward that rerolls 1s. That is beyond stupid, and I would be sorely disappointed if we didnt start looking at comp if and when that happens.
Which is potentially worse than the same character on a Disc... cant have your Disc shot out from under you by a cannon.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:20 am 

Not using a series of books is comping.

As far as I can tell the results of the comp debate was a few people in favour, a few people against, and a whole lot of people in the middle going “more tournaments, don’t care what type!”

Wolflord - Casey is speculating that all ridden monsters will get a combined profile and be able to use the gear of their riders. In this case you would have a T6 W9 3+sv 3++ ward single model.......that probably would be more resiliant to cannons than the disc!

The example of a 3++ combined dragon lord would be over the top……unless all games became objective driven, and only fortitude could capture them. Then the 3++ dragon becomes a massive point sink that doesn’t help win games that much. Basically its pointless speculating over what may be without having the full picture. GW have done a great job this edition, if they keep doing what they are doing they will get it right.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:09 pm 

So... Star dragon riders are t7 now???

Olly
Roleplayer09
Wolflord

Revenge shall be mine!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:10 pm 

Quote:
So... Star dragon riders are t7 now???
No. Somewhere along the road someone has started speculating about 9th ed.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:59 pm 

I still don't see the problem with a T9 9W chaos lord with a 3++ rerolling 1's soul feeder lord.

I have one :evil:

And a block of trolls and skull crushers.

Its all fair and reasonable.

In fact its a comp hit because he cant take magic - a soft list if you will :mrgreen:

I am so glad they FAQ the changes as standard.

I do how agree the ultimates should essentially not allow it this year, as its too soon for people to get used to the changes. Ultimates should be about finding the best player based on the rules that they qualified under. If that makes sense :oops:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:38 pm 

Quote:
I still don't see the problem with a T9 9W chaos lord with a 3++ rerolling 1's soul feeder lord.

In fact its a comp hit because he cant take magic - a soft list if you will :mrgreen:
Sounds a bit like Karl justifying 2 skillcannons and double Beast blocks in his DoC because he doesnt take magic. :roll: :P
Quote:
I do how agree the ultimates should essentially not allow it this year, as its too soon for people to get used to the changes. Ultimates should be about finding the best player based on the rules that they qualified under. If that makes sense
Agreed. We all qualified under 25% Lords and Heroes, and should be playing Ultimates under 25% Lords and Heroes.

Or I will just take 2 Screaming Bells, 2 Plague Furnaces, a shedload of Warpstone Tokens and a Stormbanner. Whatevs. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:49 pm 

5 frosthearts. That is all.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:46 pm 

I remember when 5th was referred to as "Herohammer". When you could take up to 50% as characters which included your unit champions. Now, after the minimal 25% core, why not take the other 75% as characters?

There are both good things and bad things about this ruling. I am unsure as to how I feel at this stage. But them's the rules, we just play by them.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:36 pm 

You should probably check the actual event thread.

We ARE using 50% Lords/Heroes.

We are using the FAQ and Players Pack.

Players Pack says:
"No more than 2400 points may be spent on the army. Armies must follow the restrictions on army selection of their own army book."
"Army books & Battle scrolls officially released by the 19th October 2014 will be used."
"The “Undead Legion” list from the Warhammer: Nagash supplement may be used, but follows the standard Warhammer army selection rules."
"The “Armies of the End Times” game updates will not be used at this event."

BUT, the “Armies of the End Times” game updates have now just been FAQ'd into the main game.

Luke has already confirmed this:
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=28872