[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
ATC Team Selection 2016 - Page 2 - WestGamer
It is currently Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:49 pm

All times are UTC+08:00

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 2:23 pm 

Having thought about the third spot on the team for a little while now, I am pleased to announce that

Peter Platell will be joining us on the team as number 3.

My name is Peter Platell and I am nominating for ATC 2016.

Pete has plenty of experience in the format having played at the ATC and ETC and works well in the team environment. His commitment to the success of the team in building new armies for these events as well as helping the captains rally and focus the team makes the decision an easy one.

In the coming weeks, the 3 members of the team will offer spots to the next 2 players.

Welcome Pete!

Official Malifaux Henchman for Perth, Western Australia - Interested in a Demo? PM me!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 11:15 pm 

Hey fellas, my name is Don Crick. Don't worry, I know I'm late to the party and I'm not looking to step on anyone's toes here. However, after speaking with Mitch about the team he said you guys might need people (other than team members) to play against. If that's the case then I'd like to put my name forward for that role, and maybe I can learn a few things of you guys at the same time.

I have around 5000 points of space wolves, about 3000 points of iron hands and I've just ordered a few thousand points of heresy Blood Angels (couldn't resist). Anyway, Mitch (freo GW manager) has my details.

And good luck to the 2016 team.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:36 pm 

Thanks Don! Anyone keen to get into the mix for 2017 or just wanting some tough practice is much appreciated and welcomed for the team!

As for the team....

We have a unanimous agreement for spot 4 on the team

Please join me in welcoming Mitch Byrne to the 2016 team.

Mitch enjoyed great success in 2015 at the ATC and his dynamic approach to list writing and thinking outside the box on the table led to more than a few raised eyebrows by worried opponents and saw a fantastic win/loss record at the event. His dedication to making the team a success is also in no doubt.

Spot 5 will be announce next week - stay tuned!

Official Malifaux Henchman for Perth, Western Australia - Interested in a Demo? PM me!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:53 am 

Hey guys.

I'd like to nominated myself for the 2016 team.

- I have been on the team for the previous 3 ATC's and Attended one National Masters last year.

- Have played the following armies at some point over the past 3 - 4 years. BA, Eldar, Space Marines and GKs. Have also tried a few games with Nids and Tau which has helped my understanding of how they work and changed my view on them.

- I also got 3rd overall at our previous and 1st WA Masters.

- I am also happy with the ATC format as it is probably my favorite and personal most enjoyable format of the game.

Hopefully I can be a big addition to the 2016 team =)

Cheers.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:29 pm 

After a vote by the team, spot 5 has been decided.

Please join me in welcoming Scott Biss to the 2016 team.

This selection was a very competitive spot. The choice of Scott is 2 fold. Firstly, despite a lack of formal experience in this environment, He did very well with his chosen force at the 2015 Masters event and was the only player to take points away from the eventual winner of the event despite his much softer (community comp) list. The second part of the choice stems from his chosen army. With Tau a new and exciting book available to the team, we need a player who knows the book well and can embrace the dynamic environment of the ATC and produce a list to fit in well with the team. He currently games with Tau to a strong tournament standard while considering the Community Comp scoring system (No Farsight Bomb, no Hunter Contingent, no Massed markerlights etc...) which creates a surprising and dynamic force on the table.

After placing 3rd at Masters in 2015 for sportsmanship, he has the right attitude and temperament to fit in well with the team dynamic.

With 3 spots to select now, these will be selected after the Australian Masters event is complete - we have 3 WA boys playing and we wish them all the best! All 3 are potential candidates for the team and we have decided to give them the best possible chance for selection we will hold off to assess how they far in that field.

Thanks
Mike

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:34 pm 

No pressure... Cheers mike.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:25 pm 

Your welcome mate :twisted:

From what I hear, you did well in the practice today so you will be fine!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:23 am 

Belakor failing four out of seven 2+s certainly didnt help :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:03 pm 

I live in Sydney now so I would be happy to play if you want to have an old veteran on your team again ;)

Great chance to catch up with my Perth boys again and kick it! I can also offer someone a crash pad in a Sydney CBD and I come with a car for airport collections ;)

As for criteria my record speaks for itself!

And I'm only a sore loser when I lose, which is like, never!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:10 am 

So how did our boys go at AusMasters ? And Storys mass destruction or otherwise ?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:14 am 

We all did... Ok. I placed 17th, jake about 12th I think.

Fun weekend though

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:18 am 

Not bad. First year being 32 players yea ?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:00 am 

Was good man. I'll post a quick rundown here of my games, was thinking about putting a full blown batrep up at some point too. I finished up 14th I think.

My first game was against a wraith star necron list and came down to the tiebreaker and against a great opponent Matt Morosoli. He veiled his star middle of my lines and nailed the deepstrike. He smashed my primaris rhino witha nightscythe turn 2 and my shooting did bugger all to the star (friggin invulns and reanimation man). I managed to tie up his big destroyer squad with a cheap little dragoon who he couldnt hurt and despite his star doing some serious dmg it got stuck on my onagers for a few turns allowing me to take apart the rest of his guys. Star model though was my infiltrator princeps who got charged by 2 wraiths and rolled 4 attacks, 3 6s and got all 10 wds killing both lol.

Second game I was up against a corpsethief claw/dark artisan/wraithknight list and holy hell are they tough to crack. Killed the wraithknight out on one flank, pushed a bunch of infiltrators onto his backfield and did nothing to his corpsethief (not for lack of trying) until he split from the dark artisan in the last turn then i pretty much tabled him in one turn.

Third game vs tau (and the eventual winner Hayden) i failed to be aggressive enough with my knight and couldn't do enough damage to his ghostkeel unit to matter (I eventually ground them down but by then it was too late). Other than the ghostkeels he had a big crisis star with shadowsun and a bunch of missilesides. Also my land raider hilariously killed itself by driving across a crater with 1 hull pt remaining (would have died if he'd stayed still from combat anyway).

Fourth game was against a great bloke called Erik with two big blobs of khorne hounds with juggerlords and one with cypher for shrouding (yes he can join on deployment). Here i kinda fell into the trap of thinkong i could do enough damage early on to cripple him and deployed everything. A couple of 11 inch charges and a bunch of cover saves later and he was all over me and basically pushed me back into my corner. He also really nailed me by blocking my knight with two necron flyers and stopping me charging then summoning a bunch more hounds onto his backfield objectives had him winning and me with just my knight and warlord squad left turn 5 and it ended. If it had gone on longer i still had a chance but it was slim. Erik ended up 2nd in battle points and 3rd overall.

Final round was a bit of a bummer as it started with a rules dispute and ended with my opponent claiming he couldn't do anything against me since the TO didnt rule his way and forfeiting. Not great after travelling all that way but oh well.

Overall though i had a really great time and it was a really cool experience playing against and seeing how some of those top lists and players run their games. Good format too.

Cheers,
Jake

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:17 pm 

That's a convenient segway into announcing player number 6!

please join me in welcoming Jake O'Grady to the team for 2016!

Jake is something of a silent achiever - placing well at local events to garner an invite to the 2015 Aus Masters and then placing highest of the WA players to attend. A keen list writer and gamer, Jake should be a great asset to the 2016 team.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 2:11 pm 

Thanks to all the nominees - the team has now been voted on and finalised.

In spot 7 - please welcome Richard Owen. Richard has been on the team the last 2 years and brings experience and flexibility to the team. He is also a great support asset for list writing and the match up process.

In spot 8 - please welcome Tim Melrose. Tim is a new comer to the team this year but his results at Masters along with his enthusiastic and dynamic list building ideas ultimately tipped the final votes in his favour.

I will take this moment to say that this year was unique in terms of selection - we have had a large group of people keen to come to the event, more than the 8 needed! This led to a huge range of conversations and requests to the nominees around list writing, army selection and ideas for the team. Even with the extra selection questions we still had a great pool of options for the spots and in the end, had to make hard choices. The votes for every spot were hotly contended and there was a lot of conversation within the team about the nominees.

While I am disappointed that we can't take everyone with us - it does show that 40k is still going strong in WA and that the future of the community and the interstate events looks bright. Next years selection process will develop and grow from this years with a more extensive nomination process and combined with the new 2016 40k Rankings (released shortly) will give a clear and concise process for those keen on next years team.

Thank you so much again to all the nominees - you should all now have an email from me about another option to be a part of the 2016 team.

Thanks
Mike