[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
40K Australasian Team Challenge 2014 - WestGamer
It is currently Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:23 pm

All times are UTC+08:00

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:11 am 

UPDATED with finalised details
Quote:
Dates and Location:
Event Details
Date: 5th and 6th of July, 2014
Location: Southport Sharks Club, Cnr of Musgrave and Olsen Avenues, Southport, Gold Coast
- The venue has Free Parking, a Bar and Restaurant
- There is a motel called Treasure Island Holiday apartments that is in walking distance.

Payment
Payment is to be made by the team Captain due 23:59 March 31st 2014
Cost is $400 per team ($50pp)

Army lists
ï‚· Army lists are to be 1850 points and consist of a single force organisation chart.
ï‚· A codex can be used once as a Primary detachment and once as an Allied attachment; however the same combination of codices cannot be used twice.
ï‚· Codex Inquisition can be used once as a Primary detachment and once as an Inquisitorial Detachment
ï‚· Army lists from all teams are due by Thursday the 5th of June at 23:59 and should be in Word format using the provided sample.
ï‚· No Imperial armour is allowed.
ï‚· No Formations Allowed
ï‚· Data Slates may be used once per team, eg. Cypher can only be used for one player.
ï‚· Escalation will not be in use
ï‚· Stronghold Assault will be used for its rules only. Only fortification and fortification upgrades purchased from the Rulebook will be allowed at ATC
ï‚· All codex releases before Monday the 5th of May at 23:59 2014 are allowed
And yes that does mean each team could bring Coteaz (GK) Coteaz (Allied GK) Coteaz (Inq) and Coteaz (InqAlly). It's a brave new world. Just count your blessings there are no revenants.

Last edited by Matt-ShadowLord on Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:55 pm, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:10 am 

Quote:
$4 taxi ride to Surfers Paradise with a full taxi, so no excuse NOT to hit up Cavel Ave.
Fixed!

I am so coming to this - even if it means being the team mascot :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:30 am 

What's Cavel Ave famous for?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:08 pm 

Cavill Ave is pretty much the centre of Surfer's Paradise attractions... particularly at night. :wink: More cannot be said on a family friendly forum sorry!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:22 am 

FYI, I will be updating this post on WAU when details happen. I will try and pop in over here and let you know it has been updated, but check it periodically in case I forget :oops:

http://www.wargamerau.com/forum/index.p ... pic=163337

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:57 am 

Followed the link, looks like most of the most of the new things (Stronghold / Data / Escalation) won't be used.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:24 pm 

Codex restrictions will be interesting...

Olly
Roleplayer09
Wolflord

Revenge shall be mine!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:53 pm 

Quote:
Codex restrictions will be interesting...
cant access WAU from work, have the restrictions been announced or still pending?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:11 pm 

Points, pairings, etc:
This is unlikely to change, however watch this space for it to be officially confirmed. At this stage it is under discussion, and there is a chance we may change part of the processes.

Rulings:

Formations will not be used at ATC.
Data Slates may be used at ATC, but only once. So you can use Cypher, but only in one player's army per team.
Escalation will not be used at ATC.
Stronghold Assault will be used for its rules, and rules only. So the rules on how to shoot at it, charge it, etc. will be used, however only the Fortifications purchased in the rulebook (so only the Aegis Line, Bastion, Skyshield and Fortress may be used) and only the upgrades listed in the rulebook may be purchased (so for example the bastion can purchase a Comms, Icarus and Quad-Gun only, no tank traps, escape hatches, etc.)

Codex Restrictions:
This is still under review, at this stage expect there to at least be restrictions, but this is still under discussion. The final vote is scheduled to finish Friday the 17th of Jan at 10pm Melbourne time, however we are trying to make sure the decision made represents as many states as possible.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:22 pm 

thanks matt, I am quite interested to see what the outcome of the vote is.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:24 pm 

Well if they are going to allow dataslate characters I'm very happy as this plays well to a list I have been trying out and intend to develop this year. The big question will be if anyone will be wanting to use daemons this year as they will make great icing on the cake of my list. Or hopefully this year you will be able to take codex's as primary and a second use as an allies

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:36 pm 

The first post in this thread has been edited to contain the final details.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:42 pm 

Well I'm just putting this out there now , I'm keen to go if I make selection and I'll put dibs on CSM with daemon allies

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:59 pm 

Codex restrictions are exactly as I had hoped they would be.

I quite like those rulings in general actually.

now to win a few games and make the team again. Can my GK/Tau make it? lets watch.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:41 pm 

I should be free to go this year... Ideally a probity ear race for me

Official Malifaux Henchman for Perth, Western Australia - Interested in a Demo? PM me!