[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
Pre-emptive Shrike - WestGamer
It is currently Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:54 pm

All times are UTC+08:00

Post subject: Pre-emptive Shrike
PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:03 am 

This is a thread ive started as Im going to Southern Shrike Bowl 2013

After the fun of Ausbowl in SA I thought Id try my luck out of state again.
(Ive only lost 1 game Id like to keep it that way 8) )
This time with more prep time.

Step One complete: flights booked
this time its costing me less $ both ways than my Ausbowl trip was one way

Ive paid for my Vladamir the bull already so ticket cost remaining is next to nout, even less if i can find another player to go with and claim the $10 discount.

P.S. If anyone not going wants me to bring back Vladamir the bull for them (& not getting earlier) Im more than happy to (collect following sunday morning at tga if our paths dont normally cross)

Post subject: Re: Pre-emptive Shrike
PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:05 am 

Now the hard task
what team to take
and can i fit a minotaur in it

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:33 am 

I squeezed the Minotaur into my Norse team. It does mean I'm playing an AV7 team with only 11 players though. So things could get a little messy! :)

Hopefully we can get a few more WA guys come across as well this year. We've had a couple in the past (Talanis and Centurions), but it would be good to see more of you.

Olaf the Stout

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:18 am 

My first list, objective 2 minotaurs with claw

Vladamir the bull 270k
minotaur w/claw 150k
troll 110k
goblin w/sprint 40k
skaven w/sprint 50k
Dark elf w/leap 70k
Marauder w/block 50k
marauder w/wrestle 50k
marauder 50k
marauder 50k
Marauder 50k
3 rerolls 210k

The 2 mino with claw to take out high av players
the troll and gobo for last turn throw team mate td, i was considering two headed gobo for the enevitable 3 dodges but sprint covers if the gobo scatters back 3 times
the skaven gets sprint so i can move 10 for td turn 2
Dark elf with leap will run the ball leaping if the only way to line in time is blocked
wrestle marader will be my full back and the blocker marader to go on line turn 1 and break holes hopefully

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:20 am 

Quote:
Hopefully we can get a few more WA guys come across as well this year.
Would be good for spliting accom costs also

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:32 am 

Would big hand on the gobbo be something to consider? Being able to stunty dodge in and recover the ball in awkward spots seems really good for this style of team.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:22 pm 

If you drop a re-roll and take leader on a Marauder you can fit the Ogre in the line-up as well.

If you took the 4 Normal, 2 Doubles skill pack you could give both the Troll and Ogre Block (or just one of them if you wanted the other double for something else).

Olaf the Stout

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:47 pm 

Quote:
Would big hand on the gobbo be something to consider? Being able to stunty dodge in and recover the ball in awkward spots seems really good for this style of team.
I must admit to considering it, throw team mate when im kicking to try and pick up a fumbled ball ball in my opponents half. Should consider kick marauder with thisoption
and having an ogre instead of troll would def increase chance of using ttm other than last turn.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:58 pm 

Quote:
If you drop a re-roll and take leader on a Marauder you can fit the Ogre in the line-up as well.

If you took the 4 Normal, 2 Doubles skill pack you could give both the Troll and Ogre Block (or just one of them if you wanted the other double for something
Already taking two doubles claws on mino and sprint on skaven
i could drop the reroll to upgrade the troll to ogre but would have to upgrade the dark elf to ogre to get 4 big guys. the dark elfs ag4 would be hard to give up

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:57 pm 

Ah yes, I remember upping the Mino cost from 250k to 270k after seeing that Chaos Pact could otherwise have a roster like this:

Vladamir
Minotaur with Juggernaut
Ogre with Block
Troll with Block
Dark Elf Renegade with Block or Dodge
Marauder with Leader
Marauder with Block
Marauder
Marauder
Marauder
Goblin Renegade
2 x Re-roll

That, plus a couple of other team combos made me up the price of Vladamir by 20k.

Now Chaos Pact have to either drop a re-roll if they want 4 Big guys or swap the Dark Elf for the Goblin.

The 4 Big Guy, 1 Gobbo, 6 Marauder, 2 Re-rolls (plus 1 from Leader) team is still pretty good for mine. About as bashy as you can get. But you do lose the AG4 ball handler.

Olaf the Stout

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:18 am 

@ Olaf
does the Vladamir the bull model have to be used as a star player or can it be used as a normal minotaur?

Thanks

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:26 pm 

No, he doesn't have to be used as a Star Player. Using him just as a regular Minotaur is fine.

Olaf the Stout

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:01 am 

After my inability to use mighty blow to hurt a stunty over the last year i desided to take skaven and not worry about causing cas, this proovd to ne a wise choice.

In the end i took 3 gutter runners (+1ma,leap,kick); 2 blitzers(1x horns), thrower(accurate); rat ogre, 3 line rats 1x wtestle) & skityer stab stab. +3rerolls.
2ff.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:16 am 

Rd1 : suckage of the dice.
Played loneduck (who ended up 2nd) after my first 3 d6 rolls all being 1's i put aside the dice given away at shrike to try my luck with my old regular dice. Nuffle said No.

I kicked first half vs amazons. And almost scored the first td, all my gutter runner needed was a 3+ with a reroll if needed= gutter runner face plant - badly hurt

Zons got the ball and tried to screen with a few zons, my ma10 gutter runner pulled off a 1 die blitz and all i needed was the thrower to pick up and go for it once to score the first td. Thrower face plant over the line.
Another chance to get the ball in the zons half gutter runner needed a dodge 2+ = faceplant badly hurt. The zons added a few cas themselves and soon i was down to few numbers and zons scored at end of half. The second half i started with 5 players and did really well to stpp the zons from scoring that half even though i ended up with 3 players on pitch.
1-0 loss

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:22 am 

Rd2 luck reversal
i used my first (only) reroll turn 5 second half.
Played a tournament first timer who normally used skaven but at last min toook his friends human team with ogre and mino star vlad.
My luck and vs newbie resulted in a 7-0 victory.