[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
SSB 2013 - 7/8 September - WestGamer
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:43 pm

All times are UTC+08:00

Post subject: SSB 2013 - 7/8 September
PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:09 pm 

Hi guys,

Olaf the Stout here. Some of you may know me as one of the organisers of the AusBowl State Championships II held recently in Adelaide. I also run Southern Shrike Bowl, SA's largest BB tournament, which uses the same rule set. SSB 2013 is less than 3 months away and here are the key details for anyone that may be interested in attending:

What: Southern Shrike Bowl 2013
When: 7/8 September 2013
Where: Klemzig Community Hall, 242 North East Road, Windsor Gardens, SA
Cost: $40 if paid by August 7th, otherwise $45. $20 for all under 18’s (no further discounts apply). $10 ‘Bring a Friend’ discount

No of Games: 6
Rules: Resurrection Tournament, CRP rules, 1.15m to spend on players and inducements (min 11 including Star Players), number of skill set options to choose from, maximum 1 Star Player per team (2 Star Players for Stunty teams)
Teams Allowed: All CRP teams, plus Chaos Pact, Slaan and Underworld.

The SSB 2012 MVP, Vladamir tha Bull, Chaos Pact Minotaur from Miami United may be selected as a Star Player on a team of any race at SSB 2013. Here are his details:

Stats: MV:5 ST:5 AG:2 AV:8
Skills: Loner, Frenzy, Mighty Blow, Horns, Thick Skull, Wild Animal, Break Tackle, Claw, Juggernaut
Cost: 270,000 GP

Player Gifts

Every coach at SSB 2013 will get the following player gifts just for attending:
  • Vladamir tha Bull minotaur mini (yes, you get a free big guy mini! :))
  • 2 custom SSB resin turn/score/re-roll markers
  • Pair of custom SSB 2013 dice (red with white pips)
  • Set of 3 SA coloured (red with white symbols) Aussie Block dice
  • Set of 20 custom SSB counters (including all non-Star Player inducements)
  • Vladamir tha Bull star player card
In addition, all first-time SSB coaches will receive a set of customised SSB throwing, scatter and throw-in templates.

See the post below for pictures of all the player gifts.

As per previous years there will be a prize pick for every single player, a lucky door prize to win a custom SSB pitch raffle, a raffle to win a painted Vladamir mini as well as some other items, mini games (stolen shamelessly from AusBowl SC II) and individual round prizes.

Let me know if you have any questions

Olaf the Stout

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:10 pm 

Player gift pics (pics of SSB d6's and remaining counter pics still to come):

Vladamir tha Bull

Vladamir tha Bull Star Player Card

Custom Resin Turn/Score Markers (there are 2 slightly different Shrike markers, coaches will be able to pick which of the 2 Shrikes they would like)

SA Coloured Aussie Block Dice

First 7 pieces of artwork for the tokens.

There are 11 different pieces of artwork in all. Each coach will get the following tokens:

Score x 1 (Trophy)
Turn x 1 (Ball)
Re-roll x 6 (Shrike)
Wizard x 1 (with Fireball on one side, Lightning Bolt on the other)
Apoth (+2 Wandering Apoths) x3 (Potion)
Bribe x 3 (Coin Purse)
Bloodwiser Babe x2
Halfling Master Chef x1
Igor x1
Fame Counter

This gives you a complete set of counters for all non-star player/ card inducements, as well as turn, score and re-reroll (who uses more than 6!) and fame counters.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:15 pm 

For those that are interested, here is a bit more information about the Minotaur.

He is cast in Trollforged plastic resin . He will be sold by Impact Miniatures from September as I want SSB attendees to get access to the mini first. So between now and September, he will only be available to buy directly through me.

I've tried to figure out a way to only get the Minotaur early to people attending SSB 2013. However, I have no way of knowing if someone is definitely coming to SSB, or if they are just telling me that to buy the Minotaur early. So, instead of worrying too much about it, I've come up with something that I think works for everyone.

Vladamir tha Bull is available for anyone to buy right now for $25.

If you purchase a ticket to SSB 2013 and have already bought a Minotaur, that $25 will be taken off your ticket price. So for those attending SSB 2013, the Minotaur is free.

If you want to buy the Minotaur now, but won't be coming to SSB 2013, that's fine too. There's no need to pretend that you're coming or anything like that. Anyone in Australia or NZ can still buy a copy from me.

However, you will be paying a premium for the mini. His cost via Impact Miniatures will likely be around $15 AUD. So if you don't attend SSB, you are paying a $10 premium to get the mini 3 months earlier than the rest of the world. That said, you're also helping to support SSB, so I thank you for that! :D

So let me know if you would like to buy a Minotaur, regardless of whether you're attending SSB 2013 or not.

The Mino comes with 2 'normal' arms, as well as a Claw arm, a Tentacles Arm and a Prehensile Tail. The left arm is connected to the mini, but it's still easy enough to convert that arm to have either the Claw or Tentacles. All the will be required is a quick cut with a razor saw and a bit of pinning. Since the mini is cast in Trollforged plastic resin it is pretty easy to convert.

Olaf the Stout

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:02 pm 

Hi Olaf,

I would like to get 1 Vladamir earlier then September. I can contact you via Ausbowl if you would prefer.

ASC2 Team Member - 1st WA Team Member - 18th place overall

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:47 pm 

Quote:
Hi Olaf,

I would like to get 1 Vladamir earlier then September. I can contact you via Ausbowl if you would prefer.
Actually, I'd like one too...

Touchdowns - 6 For - 3 Against

Casualties - 3 For - 11 Against

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:41 am 

Me three would like one!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:07 pm 

I defiantly would like one, also wouldn't mind attending. If all allows, but if not I'd still like the mino

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:40 am 

Vesh, Frosthammer and Raein, I'm happy to sell you a Minotaur, even if you can't make it to SSB.

If you purchase a ticket to SSB 2013 and have already bought a Minotaur, that $25 will be taken off your ticket price. So for those attending SSB 2013, the Minotaur is free.

If you want to buy the Minotaur now, but won't be coming to SSB 2013, you will be paying a premium for the mini. Getting the Minotaur now costs $25. The Minotaur will be available to buy from Impact Miniatures in September at a cost of around $15 AUD.

So if you don't plan on attending SSB, you are paying a $10 premium to get the mini 3 months earlier than the rest of the world. If you'd still like to get a Minotaur now then let me know. Gunnar Bulvi is getting one now and is having them picked up by a friend at EucBowl in 2 week's time. I'm happy to do the same for anyone else that wants one now, rather than in September.

Alternatively I can post the mini to you directly, but it will probably add another $8 in postage fees as the Minotaur is too thick to be posted at the letter rate. That could still be an affordable option if a few of you get your Minotaurs sent together though.

Olaf the Stout

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:06 am 

I'm heading to EucBowl, so happy to pick it up then... Is it a cash at EucBowl situation?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:14 pm 

Vesh - that would be great if u can pick up the Mino for me - much appreciated :)

Olaf - paypal ok for payment?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:29 pm 

Quote:
Vesh - that would be great if u can pick up the Mino for me - much appreciated :)

Only thing from my end... Will be back the weekend after... If that's good for you, no dramas

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:56 pm 

Quote:
Quote:

Only thing from my end... Will be back the weekend after... If that's good for you, no dramas
all good for me :)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:56 pm 

Frosthammer, I'd prefer direct deposit if possible. No fees for me that way.

Vesh, payment before EucBowl would be preferable. I won't be at EucBowl, so if I can just get my mule to hand the minis over and not have to worry about money it would make things easier for me.

Olaf the Stout

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:27 am 

PM's sent to relevant parties.

Olaf the Stout

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:56 am 

Woot. Coming back from Sydney with a Minotaur...