[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
ConVic 2013 - Page 4 - WestGamer
It is currently Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:03 pm

All times are UTC+08:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next
 Post subject: Re: ConVic 2013
PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:53 am 

game one down.

no photos due to in the zone ness.

got paired against ben 'chunky' hayes. he was running eHex and Mak3.
he chose mak so he had a chance to kill my heavies.

scenerio was fire support.

i got second turn and just advanced to my walls.. pretty standard.

during chinkys.second he chose to stand back as to not lose his heavies. a good choice.
so i jist rock hammered a bunch of nihilators on one flank. nothing major.
oh... my deployment was standard fyi. left to right.. axer mulg doomie jan mauler earth with double shapers eaxh flank.

during chunks next turn he again played cagey at the syart.
he had molik kill a unit of sjapers and fate walk away on my left flank.
then he had his bb and glad also stay on that flank just out of range. which it wasnt because of rampager.

TheGambler#11893
Add me on Hearthstone

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:58 am 

phone is having a fit... making it difficult to update...

anyway...

then chunky took a gamble as i think at this point he releaized i was going to out threat him for the game. and if i start the piece trade and get one or ven two heavies he would basically lose.
so he camps three transfers and runs to the flag to score two points.

my turn... mulg is in threat range jst need to rush him so i can chaege over the wall.

so doomie goes firat. feats and casts rampager on the bb to stop the counter charge.

then a few stray rock hammers do four damage but i fail to roll the crit kd which i was hoping for.

then mulg charges in. his club drops mak down to 2 health.
my fist hits and chunky transfers... my feat then kills him:p

chunky just had a brain fart and forget that transferring counts as spending from the feat.

so a good way to start.

other updates. deno juat smashed a khador player with pkay. really dominated.
and hally had an eGas win... ugh oh.

TheGambler#11893
Add me on Hearthstone

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:48 am 

as it turns out trolls cant beat cryx.

forgot aboit scoirge spell from denny.
i had doomie camped behind mulg and the objective but a scourge gave los to doomie.
the nyss went to town and the last possible attack forced a tough check which i failed... devo.

hally is playing some strong lists so if he goes 4-0 and i win my next two i might see day two. fingers crossed.

it was a long flight :/

TheGambler#11893
Add me on Hearthstone

Post subject: ConVic 2013
PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:03 am 

Quote:
any tips on how to post photos from your phone. i tried this before through photobucket but had dramas.
I use the free photobucket app.

1. Go to the upload media tab and press "choose existing"

2. Choose the pic you want and wait for it to load.

3. Go to the my albums tab and click on the new pic. (You may have to hit refresh in the top-right corner before it appears).

4. While viewing the photo, click on the "i" button in the bottom-right corner.

5. Click on the bottom option. It says "IMG" next to it. This copies the text to your clipboard.

6. Paste it into a thread.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:27 am 

I just use tapatalk and post photos via there server

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:29 am 

I had heaps of problems with the app.

I email my pic to photobucket, they email a link back. I have the workin IMg link in my notes.

I copy from photo to the back of the bracket then paste it into the link saved in my notes.

Then copy the whole link and paste in into the post.

It's easier than iv made it sound :/

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:53 am 

Unlucky on the Scourge loss Az, who was it against? Any other updates? Good luck for the rest of your games mang.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:14 pm 

game three i got to play against lylyth3.

interesting game. i elected to go second so i could put my walls on the favourable side.
it would also pretty much garuntee he feats turn two. which he did.
during his turn two he does death chill a few things like mulg and the mauler.
but i rampager over the carni and the mauler eats him.

my flanking shapers also clear some war speqrs either knocking them down or touching them up with rock hammers.

i also feat...

he knows he is in a bad way as he has lost a heavy and hardly touched anything of kine.

he goes for a loose assassination. gets me to 9 with no transfers but lyl is in front of mulg with 4 health left from the feat.

chunky just lost and hally won so not sure if i have the chance to hit to eight after this game... we'll see.

TheGambler#11893
Add me on Hearthstone

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:17 pm 

Funny how the top 8 actually matters and will just be based on SoS, something you have no control over :roll:
I wasn't aware 3Lylyth was even out! I'm guessing it wasn't a favourable scenario for her. You're lucky being drawn up against 2 hordes players having rampager, I remember getting sick of using pVayl partly due to playing in 3 tournaments with her and fighting 1 hordes army.
Do you have a second list?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:25 pm 

no second list... i havent got time for that...

the scenerio was incursion so he had 0 chance of shaking my heavies out of contesting range even more so when the carni went for chips.

hall amd deno on 3-0 so far.

TheGambler#11893
Add me on Hearthstone

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:37 pm 

Yeah, 3Lylyth didn't seem like a good choice. He'd need a damage buff against your list.
Looks like its going to be 4 rounds then! Let's have another win to eGaspy so we can keep whinging about him!
Unless you fight him next. In which case, eat his head.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:43 pm 

ffffffff........

game 4. jamie saxon harby.. guh.

scenerio was CC. i got to go second and choose the better table edge.

first tirns are non event. turn two he feats expexctedly. althoufhhe didnt b2b his flag so wouldnt dominate that turn.
this meant mulg didnt have to over commit and go into threat of two reckos.
my turn i mull around. i kill barely anything about 4 errants and a co from roven.
althogh i do take a risk and walk a runeshaper into melee with two errants that were in front of mulg.
this meant they were force locked and onpy one recko coild get into mulg. i dont feat.

hes turn he walks harby into the flag but uas her bas on my side of the flag... tempting.
one fully loaded recko gets mulg to half. and the other walks in front of harby.
the battle engine wails on my right flank runeshaperals. he smashed all of them no tough checks over two turns.

my turn i had a chqnce to kill harby but it was... mmm good but not solid. i could tech tock the recko engafing mulg to the left flank then walk around the other reckoner into melee with harby. the only thing stopping me was two errants would block the path and he would jave access to martrdom. maybe not a bad option...

instead i tt shift the recko backwards towards the other recko. then mulg gets fortune and rage to try and kill both. needs 7s with rerolls. he kills one and leaves the last one on four. i also clear all the errants down to two guys with tue mauler and earthborn. i had basically won.....

......... famous last words.
he scores another point as i didnt get i to contest range as there was so.e ezamplar stopping my runeshapers getting in.

next turn hes battle engine usea some super op prey thing and pushea the eb and mauler oit of contest range of the frineldy flaf. he scores two there and dominates for one.

he wins ive lost 7 runeshapers... fml. 2-2

errants try to attack my beasts but to no avail. harby gets a

TheGambler#11893
Add me on Hearthstone

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:44 pm 

sorry about the likely terrible spelling. typing from my phone and i got to the stage when my phone wouldnt scroll down so i could see what i was writing.

TheGambler#11893
Add me on Hearthstone

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:59 pm 

Still, you did good Az :D

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:05 pm 

nah... i actually didnt. i done pretty terrible. upon reflection there were so many mistakes in both my loses. i should have played heaps better.
i think the two hours sleep was the main issue. i will defo be taking the friday off next time and flying on the thursday.

TheGambler#11893
Add me on Hearthstone

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next