It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:06 am

All times are UTC+08:00

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:09 pm 

So turns out there has been some pretty cool releases for D Wars mainly Kaiju like Battle Centipede for CoA, also turns out 2 ed rules are free online as a PDF which gives me the rules. So who still plays as everyone had a force at some stage and where do you guys meet up?

So side question do the 1st ed cards translate over to 2 ed? this includes stat cards and game cards.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:22 pm 

Location: Underneath Parliament House with a lot of explosives
Quote:
So turns out there has been some pretty cool releases for D Wars mainly Kaiju like Battle Centipede for CoA, also turns out 2 ed rules are free online as a PDF which gives me the rules. So who still plays as everyone had a force at some stage and where do you guys meet up?

So side question do the 1st ed cards translate over to 2 ed? this includes stat cards and game cards.
So I'm still interested in playing but haven't after the closure of TGA. I have a vast Russian force as well as East India Merchant Company, Covenant of Antarctica and France. I've also played at friend's places.

The cards do not translate from V1 to V2.0 but you could probably pick up a pack at Tactics for $10 and they come in all the basic fleet starter boxes.

And yes, there have been some awesome releases. I have my Svarog battle robot on preorder. :)

And now http://store.steampowered.com/app/540010

Current Status: Being a fierce game dev warrior.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:50 pm 

Our core group all have forces for this and we have a table ready to go at the club. It hasn't been out much in the last six months but no doubt if you jumped on the FB page and asked for a game, someone would oblige.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:11 pm 

PAGS might be a bit far for me Dave, though if I can will message someone about lining up a game.

Yeah might do that for the cards and probably SAS stands plus have a look at the models I kinda want (Giant death centipede called Coeus is defiantly up there with the way it looks and rules) and feel like using after I figure out what I have. Though V would you be interested in a game some time? so I can learn the 2nd ed rules and get my head around a few things.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:35 pm 

Some of the guys at Northern Gamers might still have some stuff to play. I know a couple of the guys had stuff a while back.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:17 am 

Quote:
PAGS might be a bit far for me Dave, though if I can will message someone about lining up a game.

Yeah might do that for the cards and probably SAS stands plus have a look at the models I kinda want (Giant death centipede called Coeus is defiantly up there with the way it looks and rules) and feel like using after I figure out what I have. Though V would you be interested in a game some time? so I can learn the 2nd ed rules and get my head around a few things.
Definitely once school holidays are over! Also Doctor Claw and Austin Richard have fleets. I'm pretty sure Malignant does too but hasn't played in a while.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:23 am 

I still have some eotbs models if someone wants to start :mrgreen: thread is still there in the Trading forum... somewhere...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:01 pm 

So some questions that I have if you don't mind answering if you do know the answers if not will go to the Spartan Games forum and pester those guys, just thought to ask local as we are more than likely to play games based on this knowledge:
1. SAS/SAW no longer have fuel but still have limited ordnance, just making sure of this.
2. Drones are re-deployable SAW/SAS but you know roll to see if they are recovered, do they have to be launched with the ditched/destroyed drone had or can they re-arm for free?
3. Any limitations on the re-launching of drones like can I re-launch the local air-support or other drones from other drone launchers?
4. When robots "board" the defending player gets to shoot at them, is this still with Ack-Ack?
5. Do I get to use my shields against the Ack-Ack for the boarding action (robot case from 4)?
6. The MAR Hull Breaker does additional wounds on a crit, do you get multiple instances of this if you get a double crit? e.g. say model has Hull breaker(boarding, +D3) and get 2 crits it would deal 4+2D3 points of damage or just 4+D3?
7. There isn't any penalty for multi-purpose things to move about in terrain? as things like the Arronax use to be slowed down with ground travel
8. Can a model benefit from both its shield generator as well as a guardian generator?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:36 pm 

Quote:
So some questions that I have if you don't mind answering if you do know the answers if not will go to the Spartan Games forum and pester those guys, just thought to ask local as we are more than likely to play games based on this knowledge:
1. SAS/SAW no longer have fuel but still have limited ordnance, just making sure of this.
2. Drones are re-deployable SAW/SAS but you know roll to see if they are recovered, do they have to be launched with the ditched/destroyed drone had or can they re-arm for free?
3. Any limitations on the re-launching of drones like can I re-launch the local air-support or other drones from other drone launchers?
4. When robots "board" the defending player gets to shoot at them, is this still with Ack-Ack?
5. Do I get to use my shields against the Ack-Ack for the boarding action (robot case from 4)?
6. The MAR Hull Breaker does additional wounds on a crit, do you get multiple instances of this if you get a double crit? e.g. say model has Hull breaker(boarding, +D3) and get 2 crits it would deal 4+2D3 points of damage or just 4+D3?
7. There isn't any penalty for multi-purpose things to move about in terrain? as things like the Arronax use to be slowed down with ground travel
8. Can a model benefit from both its shield generator as well as a guardian generator?
I'm working on a couple of these for you:
1. Yes.
2. They're one-shot and can't be re-armed. (My understanding).
3. You can use whatever drone launcher you want, but can never go past the initial total on the micro-dice.
4. Yes. You don't get to use your AP to defend.
5. No.
6. Just once.
7. The penalty is generally they're just better in one theatre than the other. The FSA Washington is a pretty good landship, but pretty ordinary in the water in comparison to other ships, but hey, if you're playing an amphibious game it rocks.
8. No. Pick one.

I've asked for a second opinion on a couple of these as I'm a little rusty. I'll update the thread if anything changes.