It is currently Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:13 am

All times are UTC+08:00

Post subject: Where is gamers guild?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:42 am 

I'm not sure if there is no mention of location, whether everyone just knows, or if i am to tired to see it but can someone point it out? and whether U16's can attend
Thanks in advance :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:13 am 

It is at the Roy Evens Center on the corner of Hay st and Plain St in East Perth opposite the Queens Garden. Under 16's can attend without worry.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:50 am 

When is it held?
is there like a brochure or something they have?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:35 am 

Gamer's Guild runs every Saturday, 12 noon to 12 Midnight. Cost is $3 for members, $5 for non-members, but your first visit is free. We're primarily a Role-play club rather than table-top, though it's not uncommon for board games to be played as well.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:50 am 

what do you mean role play rather then table top? do you mean you don't do things like 40k/fantasy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:01 pm 

He means that people there mostly play like, Dungeons and Dragons or whatever- pen and paper roleplaying games.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:58 pm 

We have tables and scenery for people to use for tabletop war gaming and several of the members do play those, but these days the regular members don't bring in their armies hoping for a random game as there is little chance of another person doing the same.

If you are looking for a random drop in game of the various tabletop war games on the weekend near to Perth Central, I recommend TGA Central on Sunday (I don't know the actual address off the top of my head) in Vic Park. They have similar hours.

Friendly people there and you have a higher chance of getting in a random game.

Which reminds I have to head in a learn Battletech.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:04 pm 

Quote:
I recommend TGA Central on Sunday (I don't know the actual address off the top of my head) in Vic Park. They have similar hours.

Higgins Park Tennis Club, Playfield Street, East Vic Park. Ironically, we are going to be open all weekend this weekend with a 40k tournament on Saturday, and a Blood Bowl tournament and regular gaming on the Sunday.

I know that there are certain age restrictions, but as I'm over 18, I haven't really made much effort to learn them... sorry. For that one I'd suggest getting in touch with Ivoryskull or cjsheridan

Touchdowns - 6 For - 3 Against

Casualties - 3 For - 11 Against

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:53 am 

Quote:
Quote:
I recommend TGA Central on Sunday (I don't know the actual address off the top of my head) in Vic Park. They have similar hours.

Higgins Park Tennis Club, Playfield Street, East Vic Park. Ironically, we are going to be open all weekend this weekend with a 40k tournament on Saturday, and a Blood Bowl tournament and regular gaming on the Sunday.

I know that there are certain age restrictions, but as I'm over 18, I haven't really made much effort to learn them... sorry. For that one I'd suggest getting in touch with Ivoryskull or cjsheridan
Age restrictions are anyone under 16 must be accompanied be an parent or guardian.