It is currently Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:44 pm

All times are UTC+08:00

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:50 pm 

Wow has time flown! (yes it has)

Much has, is and is going to happen in 2011 at the Gamer's Guild, so watch this space!

This weekend is the last meeting weekend for GGI for 2010, I would like to thanks you all for your support throughout this year and look forward to 2011. I wish you all a pleasant Christmas and a safe start to 2011!

(Note: we may be open New Years Day, but as I won't be there I can not guarantee that is happening, I will confirm when I know more.)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:15 pm 

I'd just like to say thanks for a productive end to 2011 to the GG President, and hope everyone can make it to the Guild for some excellent gaming next year!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 8:00 pm 

Merry Christmas.

What a year it has been. A year full of promise and change, and today has seen a rest from our usual Saturday. A restful day spent with family and friends. A day, we hope, has been peaceful and safe if you or any of your friends, family and loved ones had to commute.

As the sun now sets at my Presidential Retreat in the Western Australian countryside, my thoughts go out to all of you, wishing a merry, and safe, Christmas and a prosperous 2011.

See you at GPdA, and throughout the year, and thank you for your support.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:46 pm 

WAAAAAAAGH!

Not that there was all that many Orks at GPdA40K but still, what an amazing day!

{Deep breaths, sip beer}

Ok, on a side note, Gamer's Guild will not be open on the 12 February, as the Centre has another event booked.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:00 pm 

{now feels his psychadelic dancing banana in his sig is merited}

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:06 pm 

Two down, one to go!

GPdA2011 will wrap up with the GREATEST SHOW IN THE OLD WORLD!

WARHAMMER!!!!

Yup, it's gonna be HUGE!

Also, this month will see the launch of GGI's presence on these hallowed pages :biggrin:

AND we're also beginning our tournament planning for "The Black Box" tournament in July of this year. No details yet, but don't worry, it will be big :)

So kick back, relax, grab a beverage, and get ready for...

WARHAMMER!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:28 pm 

Hi Everyone,

Its been a long road, but...

The Gamers Guild has finally returned to...

The Internet!

I'd like to thank everyone who has helped us to get this far, and we look forward to being Ever Present on WestGamer from here in.

Our first announcement (sadly) is that Guild will be closed this coming Saturday due to the Centre being booked by another group. This is not uncommon, and we will do everything in our power to ensure that notice is given well in advance to allow you to plan your gaming activities.

To all the gamers out there, Guild aims to support and provide a place to play all games of a non-gambling, PG15+ nature. Under 15's are welcome, but we recommend an older sibling be present or a parent come and talk to us about your child's needs beforehand.

We have boards and terrain for the wargamers of any system, a library that is kept modern and relevant for the astute gamer, many of our members are also avid CCG/TCG'ers and also many of our members are involved in the Perth LARP scene. The Gamers Guild aims to maintain solid relationships with all these various forms of our hobby, and are particularly willing to work with other clubs and individuals who want to promote their own ideas, tournaments and agendas for getting the message out to the masses that gaming, in all its fun forms, is alive and thriving in Perth and Western Australia.

I would also like to take this moment to congratulate the KRAGS guys for turning One. In many ways I am fortunate to have a solid foundation with which to work from as President of GGI, these guys did the work off their own backs so a big +1 to KRAGS. I went along to their birthday party, will be taking part in their escalation tournament, and look forward to also attending and playing at other clubs as well.

I will start an introduction thread shortly to introduce you to my fellow moderator, and look forward to seeing you all at the various events and venues throughout the coming year(s).

Thanks All!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:24 pm 

Hi Everyone,

My last post from the soapbox, is to advise that I have resigned the Presidency of the Gamers Guild.

I will continue to be present in the wargaming community and look forward to calling Outpost South and KRAGS home. I will, however, be taking a break for a couple of weeks (pressing family and social engagements) from which I shall emerge revitalised and ready to carry on the fight with my Imperial Fists.

Thanks again!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:17 pm 

It's a pity this doesn't still happen

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:18 pm 

Do you mean the club, or ImperialEagle's posts in this thread?

The club is still going, it's just that it doesn't have a president who is a vocal wargamer - The Gamers' Guild has always been a primarily RPG-based club with a limited supply of wargamers (a resource which waxes and wanes a little each year).

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:40 am 

I meant the Regular Updates for whats going on in the Club