It is currently Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:32 am

All times are UTC+08:00

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:37 pm 

Quote:
Interesting. Will await the decision with baited breath. Your decision on rules outside the norm will decide my attendance to GPdA.
{press conference voice}

Maybe you'd care to give us a rundown? I think it's been said that you can't please everyone all the time, but we won't be going all out to piss everyone off.

I don't beleive that we will be doing anything too drastic. A lot of the press from previous years appears to be negative.

What we would like to see is people turning up, having fun and winning games in a sportsmanlike environment.

When Hymn and I discuss it I will be arguing for a vanilla format that highlights, rather than detracts from, the scope and scale of The Grand Prix Des Arms. GPDA-X is going to kick off the 2011 tournament calendar, and we want to go hammer and tongs.

And we'll be talking about how we can shake it up a little for 2012 and beyond.
show spoiler»
{/press conference voice}

In other news, last night I played Brunificus and the Burial Mound Ravens. I was instructed in the fine art of undead playing BB, with my back line resorting to passing practice while the line of scrimmage tried to press through. AA found the gap only once during the whole game, Bruno made a hole 4 times and converted every one.
Hoping to make it to Scavenger as well!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:59 pm 

i think that the key to making changes is to create a scenario or idea and invite player input as to what they would like. get some play testing by people. can have it narrative, but not overwhelming. you must get experienced players to test scenarios for you. a small change may have painfull results that you may not anticipate.

i am sure that everyone is keen to see GpdA do well as its always a lot of fun.

Accept certain inalienable truths Necrons will rise, invul saves will fail, you too will deep strike off of the table. Later you'll fantasize that when you were young Necrons didn't come back, Tyranids were gods and the scatter die always read Hit

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:01 pm 

I'm not going to tell you what you need to do for the tournament, that is for your club to decide.

After making those decisions, I will then make mine.

Never write a tournament with the intention of geting an individual there, write a tournament with the intention of getting many there.

Touchdowns - 6 For - 3 Against

Casualties - 3 For - 11 Against

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:11 pm 

Im wondering if GPDA will follow the tradition of allowing imperial armor models.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:47 pm 

Check this link out...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:55 am 

{Random thought...}

Do any other TO/TD's ever just want to spill the beans on EVERYTHING that they're planning, like they're impatient to get the details out, and the action happening? I know I suffer from it...

{/Random thought...}

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:31 pm 

While I'm on the subject of Random Thoughts,

A couple of people have now asked aboutour Facebook presence. I am pleased to say Yes we have one :)

Its open to all comers who want to hear about what we're doing, as all not all of our members are on WG yet (soon, Malignant, sooooon) but a lot of WG members are also on FB.

Follow the link or click on the link in my forum sig!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:54 pm 

Quote:
Do any other TO/TD's ever just want to spill the beans on EVERYTHING that they're planning
I don't know why they wouldn't?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:07 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Do any other TO/TD's ever just want to spill the beans on EVERYTHING that they're planning
Waiting on approval perhaps?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:11 pm 

That makes sense.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:44 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Not to mention the "Wow factor". Release a pack to soon, the wow runs out before the event. But then release it too late, at the wow isn't there...

Touchdowns - 6 For - 3 Against

Casualties - 3 For - 11 Against

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:25 pm 

So who's going to Skavenger? I put up an A3 poster of the front page of the pp at Guild on Saturday and it generated some interest, hopefully we can get some of our boys down there for a good showing.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:11 am 

{dusts off chair, pushes paperwork to one side}

This weekend the GGI executive committee will be meeting.

On the agenda is GPdA and the finalisation of all documentation so we can proceed to phase 2: Getting It Out There

Not too many details on Phase 2 (or rollout! as I like to call it) but you will see it here.

Club WestGamer members will be particularly excited ;) but I shall remain silent on that until its all approved.

There will also be a deputation at Feat of Arms (woohooo) to meet and greet. AND I plan on making an appearance at Skavenger! :) As you all have probably seen from my sig... :p

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:44 am 

Time has certainly flown by since I posted last.

Things are really kicking along at Guild, we will be visited by Perth RPG Meetup on the 13th November. Head on over to their site and check it out!

The final edits to the players packs should be (fingers crossed) posted up today. No major changes are being posited, just a little clean up to make it read better and add little things like objective markers... :oops:

I also extend my congratulalions to Neil Stoney, winner of Ultimate Warhammer! As winner of that prestigious event, he has been invited to compete in the Grand Prix des Arms - Warhammer Fantasy Battles leg of the Lord of War.

Also happening this weekend is the Feat of Arms: Dark Futures/Ultimate Warhammer 40,000 and I will be there on the Sunday to see all the action of the final day. Very much looking forward to that, and also awarding the winner of that prestigious event with an invitation to the Grand Prix des Arms - Warhammer 40,000 leg of the Lord of War.

For anyone attending that Sunday, I will have GPdA tickets with me, and if you buy your tickets at Ultimates you will be eligible for a further $5 discount off! Hopefully this time I will make it for the opening and not turn up an hour late :D

Planning is also underway for our July tournament, and I think there will be something for everyone in that but stay tuned, playing this one close to the chest.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:26 am 

Good golly, how time flies!

No sooner had the dust settled from my excursions to Feat of Arms and Scavenger Shield (great events, fantastic people!) then the call of duty sounded and work has kept me busy right up to this minute (born to game, forced work lol)

Also, the Perth Meetup RPG guys visited Guild and by all accounts they had a great time. The hall was choc-a-block full of people throwing dice and slaying all manner of things! We look forward to hosting their December meeting.

*** THIS JUST IN ***

Guild will unfortunately be closed on the 27th November due to AA having their annual meeting.

Also, Guild will be closed for Christmas/Boxing Day. We are still deciding what to do regarding New Years, but it will probably be deferred to the Sunday or possibly Monday public holiday.

GPDA tickets will be rolling out this Saturday. If you are unable to get to any of the locations please pm me so we can work out how to get you a ticket for The Big Kickoff to Perth's tournament calendar!