[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
Monsterpocalypse - Page 2 - WestGamer
It is currently Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:30 am

All times are UTC+08:00

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:29 pm 

Sounds like it could be fun.

I forget the name of the game but I used to love that computer game where you are 1 of 3 different monsters bashing down buildings, eating stuff out of windows etc. Damn that game was fun when I was a kid.

JJ has a good point about the collectible aspect. I gave away MTG because of the ridiculous consumerism of it all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:33 pm 

haha yer that game rocked. its name also alludes me at the moment. is on the tip of my tongue tho. i think it was just called rampage.
and rampage world tour...
haha slightly off topic, have you seen MTG recently DH? i thought the power creep in warhammer was bad, that is just ridiculous!

Everytime you roll 3 1's, Somewhere Cypher dies!

BRAWL Season 2 Champion!!!!
Khorne Wanderers 3-0-0. 5 kills and counting!!! 13 in total...
Green Cave Fanatics 6-0-1, 2 deaths! chainsaw kickbacks = 3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:46 pm 

Rampage!! That's it! Used to loooove that game on the PC. A real button basher and funny as heck.

I have steered clear of MTG for ages. Once they started heading into the whole unbreakable lock combo type things I lost interest. I've still got oodles of revised edition/Ice age/fallen empires era stuff. It was a shame as I really used to enjoy the game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:49 pm 

yer i had them up to the urza cycle, and after that kinda waned a bit. had some pretty wicked cards, but yer it just got kinda silly.
i played a year or so back against some mates who were still into it. cracked out my old decks that used to kick ass. just got thoroughly smashed by them!

Everytime you roll 3 1's, Somewhere Cypher dies!

BRAWL Season 2 Champion!!!!
Khorne Wanderers 3-0-0. 5 kills and counting!!! 13 in total...
Green Cave Fanatics 6-0-1, 2 deaths! chainsaw kickbacks = 3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:53 am 

I've picked up a couple starter boxes, a monster booster and the map set.

This is a VERY tactical game! Everything revolves around your monster, but the disposition of your popcorn is what may very well win you the game. I am getting into this big time. Martians and Lords of Cthul!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:23 am 

Quote:
I've picked up a couple starter boxes, a monster booster and the map set.

This is a VERY tactical game! Everything revolves around your monster, but the disposition of your popcorn is what may very well win you the game. I am getting into this big time. Martians and Lords of Cthul!
I'm finding the mechanics and balance of this game to be very well thought out.

I had a couple of games against Vargr on the weekend. One interesting dilema that developed was that by holding the oil refinery, this gave his entire army a movement bonus. However, late in the game, it opened up the possibility for me to body slam his monster wrestling style into 2 of his units holding the oil refinery, the oil refinery, and the fire caused by the destruction of the oil refinery, causing 5 damage, which has the potential to wipe out one form of some of the monsters.

It's a great game - it rewards strategies and tactics, and also provides plenty of beer & pretzels fun.

We are starting to get a group of regular players down at GG on Saturday aafternoons. If anyone wants a demo game, let me know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:40 pm 

Quote:
haha slightly off topic, have you seen MTG recently DH? i thought the power creep in warhammer was bad, that is just ridiculous!
I got back into MTG recently (casual only) and I've actually found the opposite. Over the last few blocks (~4 years?), power creep has remained very consistent. There's always the odd power-card, but rarely anything as broken as the bad old days of the tempest/urza blocks in the late 90's (when I used to play).

Personally, I would say that GW could learn quite alot from Wizards approach to maintaining a consistent power level.

EDIT: I can't deny the rampant consumerism of MTG though - especially if you want to play at a tournament level. :D

Malifaux Henchman
Currently Painting: KoW Salamanders
Models Painted this Year: 38 (2015: 265)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:26 am 

Can we please leave the M:TG talk out of this thread about Monsterpocalypse?

We'd just got the train back on it's tracks after the last derail, now it starts again... :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:21 am 

I might be at GG this Saturday for FoW, if so I might have a look at MA as well. I am always happy to learn about new games.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:16 pm 

Quote:
I might be at GG this Saturday for FoW, if so I might have a look at MA as well. I am always happy to learn about new games.
Sadly, I can't make this Saturday - wife has me booked to do some house painting :(

Others might have a game going - otherwise I should be there the following Saturday.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:02 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Sadly, I can't make this Saturday - wife has me booked to do some house painting :(

Others might have a game going - otherwise I should be there the following Saturday.
I've got a funny feeling that there won't be any Monsterpocalypse action at the Guild this weekend, but next weekend is far more likely. There are a few of us buying a couple of cases in, at this rate we'll have them here mid-late next week.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:32 am 

Maybe next time then