It is currently Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:28 am

All times are UTC+08:00

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:53 am 

Gday
started playing MTG the other day and its not bad fun but i wouldnt ever, i think, take it seriously.
There is however a "closed deck tournament" at Games Frenzy in Kelmscott later this month and i wonder if these are worth going to for fun and muck arounds?
Does any one else play and do you go to Tournaments?
cheers

aaron

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:13 am 

Location: Sailing the 7 seas in search of plunder. "north perth"
hey aaron good to here there are other magic players on here in answer to your Questions i play alot of magic i go to Tournaments every Sunday at subi markets.
sealed Tournaments are lots of fun i go to the ones for the new sets when they come out.
if you ever want a game or need cards or help with decks feel free to pm me.
Kieran

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:16 am 

I yused to play M:TG back in high school but I haven't in a long while - I still have the decks I used to use, although I doubt they'd be all that competitive in whatever the current environment is these days (I stopped somewhere around Exodus?). Still, that pestilence deck was alot of fun. :mrgreen:

Malifaux Henchman
Currently Painting: KoW Salamanders
Models Painted this Year: 38 (2015: 265)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:13 pm 

I'm an old magic player but the WoTC constant quest for cash over the loyal customer and an episode of theft put me onto the path to tabletop miniatures. I still mourn for my unlimited multi-lands :evil:

A sealed deck is probably the best chance you have of having fun at a competition unless you have an extensive collection/latest "killer" deck.

I also have oodles of cards tucked away, a full set of revised edition and 3 or 4 decks made up. Love the old green/white Ernageddon deck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:15 pm 

Quote:
I also have oodles of cards tucked away, a full set of revised edition and 3 or 4 decks made up. Love the old green/white Ernageddon deck.
As a result of my younger brother selling away most of my cards and earning me plenty of $$$ I don't have that many left over cards.

My remaining decks though;
Black Creature (mostly small ones, with plenty of ways to take out opposing creatures)
Black Pestilence (4x Pestilence, alot of regeneraters, a few life stealing sorcerys and more swamps than sense)
Green Creature (Something like 30 cheap creatures and a few giant growth-type cards)
Green/White/Red Token Deck (designed to assemble vast armies of 1/1 token creatures, includes my coveted Kjeldoran Outpost).
Mostly Black Raise Dead/Sliver Queen Deck (Pretty much designed around getting a Sliver queen into play without having to pay the silly casting cost...also has a hilariously awesome trick that pretty much = autowin if I pull it off :wink: )

I also have the cards for a Suicide Black Deck (3 turn wins!) and a green deck full of huge monsters (although I miss my Forces of Nature :( )

Obviously the black and green cards were my favorites - Red and white were alright but I never really liked Blue - counterspells always annoyed me to no end. :?

Malifaux Henchman
Currently Painting: KoW Salamanders
Models Painted this Year: 38 (2015: 265)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:42 pm 

well, you have talked me into it. Especially as its a closed deck thingy.
cheers

aaron

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:07 pm 

man i loved magic, got lotsa awesome decks sitting around. I played oldone and his mate when they came up, and they had all these damn fangled new cards that had all these new bullcrap rules, like that you could play cards again out of the graveyard and had names like flashback and you could play cards early for cheaper but they didnt come out for a certain amount of turns. Basically the older cards just didnt stack up to them. but yer can be good fun, and closed deck is defiantely the way to go!

Everytime you roll 3 1's, Somewhere Cypher dies!

BRAWL Season 2 Champion!!!!
Khorne Wanderers 3-0-0. 5 kills and counting!!! 13 in total...
Green Cave Fanatics 6-0-1, 2 deaths! chainsaw kickbacks = 3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 7:47 pm 

Yeah I have done a few of these (or similar) at Tactics a few years ago... usually a bit of fun... All I know is I havent played in a few years (no one I know plays :D) but I have several boxes of cards.... probably at least $1000 worth of stuff sitting around gathering dust :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 7:48 am 

I'm always looking for a game or 2 if any ones interested?

"It's so hard to think, It's so hard to change when this world doesn't see you any other way."

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:20 am 

I am entering the Pro Tour Qualifier today.

Never been in a big tourney, so I am looking forward to it, don't panic, i am not going in there thinking i will dominate and overturn tables if I lose - which will happen a lot.

i just want to play against a different crowd - i usually play in the League of Extraordinary Businessmen in the city (did you like that malignant) 8)

Simmo

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:06 am 

just as a heads up for you guys every 2nd sunday at bassendean library there is a t2 torny $15 entry

"It's so hard to think, It's so hard to change when this world doesn't see you any other way."

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:55 pm 

Does the Basso libary still do this? Which Sundays are the second ones :p