It is currently Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:15 pm

All times are UTC+08:00

Post subject: Where to find a draft?
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:05 pm 

Have only done it the once, I was terrible, regardless just wondering best place to find one.

Still at Formosa on tuesdays? What times?

Cheers.

- Ged

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:25 pm 

Tuesday
5.30 - 8.30 famosa , its by elimination (so theres 3~4 drafts per night) ;; Might not be boxes next week since scars is comming
Prize = 4-2 (winner 4, 2nd place 2 packs)

Friday
6-9 Tactics, its swiss (play 3 games win or lose)
Prize = A foil card for top 1-6 then 3-6 leftover foils given to random people

I suggest Tactics if your not familiar with the drafting format. Bring your trades, most of us come at 5pm

I'm at city Tue,Thurs,Fri. Meet me up for trades!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:04 am 

A little additional information:

I think there is still drafting at Formosa this week, thought I may be wrong. If there are not enough packs to draft at Formosa, sometimes Standard events are held instead. You can pay $15 or 4 boosters to enter a draft at Formosa. Events are run on-demand rather than at a set time. Attendance at Formosa tends to vary wildly from week to week.

Tactics drafts tend to be more often consistently full. Sign up at Tactics, but don't leave it too late as only 24 players can draft there and it often fills up a couple hours before the drafts start.

If you are terrible at drafting, you will fit right in at Tactics, where everyone will be just as terrible as you, no matter how bad you are, or at best marginally better. Formosa drafts will either be basically the same level as a Tactics draft or be stacked with multiple players with 1800+ rating and/or some number of lifetime pro points. In the latter case, it can kind of suck to be annihilated first round and eliminated from the tournament for $15, so Tactics is better if you just want to sling some cards.