It is currently Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:32 pm

All times are UTC+08:00

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:13 am 

That's right folks. 5 years ago this Sunday, the best club in WA opened its doors with a bang (sorry about the bias 8-) )
Since then, the good people of TGA have striven to keep supporting the gaming community in any way we can, and keep making the club better and better so all gamers can feel welcome to come down and smash out a day of their favorite game. Started with the social club first - gaming as the common gel - mentality, over the years we have had the honor and the joy of meeting and befriending so many fantastic gamer's. We've seen high's and lows, tears and bootzahs, screams of exasperation and joy, dice flung, dice kissed, gamers' hug, gamers kiss, gamers try and throttle each other and even a few try and throttle this loud ranga (mainly to quieten me down)!! But all the while, its been a fun filled atmosphere with some amazing terrain, armies, tournaments, events, lunches and times to be had. Truth be told we wouldn't change a thing and seriously look forward to another 5 years of dedicating our time and energy to doing what we love most, serving our community and throwing dice with a laugh and a smile on our face. But all this hard work and time, wouldn't be possible without the most important ingredient in this clubs success......you....the gamers of WA (and abroad). Without your support and continued dedication to the club, we wouldn't have made it this for, nor have a reason to keep going. SO THANK YOU !! I could prattle on for hours about all the hundreds of people we'd love to thank (on top of the gamers we have Alpha Strike, Tournament Organizers, Friends and family, Westgamer, Elarti Games, Batal Games, Soul Raven Games, etc etc) but we'd rather simply throw together a huge day and have everyone come down and game to their hearts content, and of course get stuck into some Free Thank you Birthday Cake!!!

But it gets better! Not only is the cake made by none other than my beautiful girlfriend (a pastry cook extraordinaire), its going to be big and chocolaty :D . To honor this occasion, and not to be shown up by my awesome girl (no seriously she is definitely the better half :lol: ) this ranga is also going to bust out in the kitchen and get his second love on - cooking....Lunch of awesome followed by free cake....winning :D

But wait it gets better..............

To help raise some coin and get some of the clubs awesome ideas off and rolling for 2015 and beyond (more tables dammit......so many excited gamers every week :shock: ) I am donating an absolute plethero of miniatures, sprues and box sets........ ;) There will be single miniatures, characters, sprues, box sets, large box sets and a mutlitude of bits and pecies from a bucket load of systems. And it is all for stupid prices.....single miniatures $1, Sprues $1, Characters $5, Box sets $10, Large box sets or complete teams $20... :shock: :shock: plus bags of free bits and pieces from all sorts of races and systems such as Chaos Space Marines - to Vampire Counts - to Warlord Mini's - To Battletech - to Epic - to even a complete blood bowl team or two :D And so much more, for crazy insane prices.....

So lunch, free cake and now a blitz bonanza of cheap minis, it couldn't get any better could it.......well.........

How does 10% off every item of stock available at TGA for one day only (no other discounts allowed sorry) :D We couldn't celebrate properly without giving back to the gamers who've supported us so much with just free cake ;) And trust me there is so much to choose from, with Efptos available you don't even have to worry about the wife noticing the car load you came back with :D For those of you who haven't been down in awhile, here are just some of the stuff available from the club:

Star Wars - Xwing (we even have the giant corvette of doom for the best price in town already, less another 10%)
Battletech
Reaper Warlord
Pathfinder - Books and card game
Miniature carry bags
Heavy Gear
Dice (in bucket loads)
Paint Brushes
Secret Weapon basing scenery and bases

And so much more.................. :D

So all thats left now, is you. We hope you'll come on down, smash out a game or two of your favourite game, eat some cake, grab yourself a bargain or three and most importantly help us celebrate our awesome 5th birthday.....coz lets face it, it ain't a party without party people :D :D

I hope to see as many of you as possible this Sunday and as always "Get amongst it"

On behalf of team TGA, we'd like to say a huge Thank you, cheers , and here's to another 5 years of hopefully gaming awesome in WA :D :D :D

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:27 am 

Happy Birthday TGA!

Five years, really? I still tend to think of it a new club, possibly because the level of enthusiasm Cam and Adam show hasn't diminished over time.

Congratulations, and thanks for providing such a great gaming club to local players.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:42 am 

So not only do I get a chance to play in the final round of the EPIC campaign going on, I get free cake too?!

Weekend set. :D

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:46 am 

See this is why we're always so excited :D Awesome gamers playing awesome games :D

and we really really like cake too

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:29 pm 

Woohoo!
Happy birthday TGA.
I'll be there all day getting my Epic fix :)

Want to play Iron Warriors in Epic Armageddon? Click HERE

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:32 pm 

Quote:
Woohoo!
Happy birthday TGA.
I'll be there all day getting my Epic fix :)
Cheers Steve,

Its going to be an ëpic" day :lol: which couldn't be better timed (you would think we planned it) :D

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:14 pm 

Thank god my Sunday off is this Sunday perfect timing, TGA FTW!

As always several will be Hobbiting in proper fashion. And I'll be armed with my wallet in hand for some X-wing and other hopefully some other goodies from form bitz pile for sure!

Though you had me locked in at FREE CAKE

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:28 pm 

Sensational 'tony :D Free cake is always a win, but LOTR to boot......sensationl 8)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:42 pm 

Quote:
... To honor this occasion, and not to be shown up by my awesome girl (no seriously she is definitely the better half :lol: ) ...
Wait ... I thought I was your better half!? Worse Half? :p :lol: I sure hope to be there!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:39 am 

Quote:
Quote:
... To honor this occasion, and not to be shown up by my awesome girl (no seriously she is definitely the better half :lol: ) ...
Wait ... I thought I was your better half!? Worse Half? :p :lol: I sure hope to be there!
Joel you will be always be my half :D you complete me 8) but you don't make me cake............sooooooooo :oops:

We hope to see you there too mate

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:20 am 

I've thrown up an events page on the Australian strategy battle gamers group. see if those outer suburbs chaps want to come along.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:44 am 

Quote:
I've thrown up an events page on the Australian strategy battle gamers group. see if those outer suburbs chaps want to come along.
thank you good sir.......legen...............wait for it..........................dary :D

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:37 am 

An update on the awesome that is this weekend :D

The cake preparations have begun, it is 9 medium sized cakes that are being worked into one giant cake :shock: Why is this so important to know.......well more cake is always a win!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:43 am 

Congrats on achieving today's milestone.

Well done to the A+ team of Adam and Cam, their supporting staff and the regular players who go there on making it such a successful club.

Sorry I can not be there today due to family commitments.

Best wishes for the future.

Mark

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:30 pm 

just a quick thanks to the boys and Mrs Ninja for her excellent cake :)