It is currently Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:27 pm

All times are UTC+08:00

Post subject: Re: TGA North closing
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:30 am 

Quote:
Home gaming is fun, cheap and often easier but doesn't let you meet as many new people in the hobby I prefer clubs for the most part and for new people to the hobby club is where you find your network of regular opponents.
Agreed. Most of the gaming people I know I have met through the club format. I'm also conscious of the fact that its a bit of an ask to impose on peeps with young families every week.

Plus I don't really play WMH much :P
Quote:
You guys are kinda rude. Show a little respect.
umm... what?

Before IvorySkull had to edit the posts (I'll leave it to him to explain why - it wasn't rudeness or abuse) both here and on TGAs forums there was much sadness and thanks expressed to the guys for their efforts. That's all I read above plus peeps suggesting alternatives, and explaining why they couldn't get along as often. Limited hours was a big factor.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:56 am 

Sorry about the rude thing. It was in response to a couple of the guys talking about house games.

Like.. a long standing club is closing, the only response is "games at mine." =p

edit: I should also note I was fairly drunk when I posted that comment. :roll:

Last edited by Obeisance on Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: TGA North closing
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:59 am 

Sensual lettuce and mrgtst had ideas for places north of the river.

I couldn't hear you obi, your horse is too high :) (But, you are correct that it is sad, I know the tag guys put a lot of effort into the north chapter.)

I always thought if a club-organiser had a trailer for tabletops And a moderate amount of terrain, then the gear can be brought to a venue each week. Cubs/scouts do this from memory. It would mean that finding a venue would no longer need storage on site

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:30 am 

I was genuinely saddened to hear of the passing of TGA north, it was a great venue and a very chillaxed atmosphere props to Adam, Cam, Ratt, and all the others that made my limited northern trips enjoyable!
Though I have to say the council must be braindead, gamers spend more money on thier miniatures than cars and who would risk damage to thousands of dollars worth of miniatures by hooning - I say look to the bogans and knuckle draggers not us geeks and nerds. ..

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:35 am 

Just a note of the problem's of a North club. I know most of the North War Machine / Hordes are actually NORTH.
Morely, for most of the guys is still 20-25 mins away, as its not the easiest to get to.
When i was in Wanneroo TGA North and NWS were basically the same time difference away.

I'm interested if there would be success for a club in the Wanneroo area (not boasting for myself, as I've moved)
But I know of multiple people who are in the Joondalup - Warwick area.

At the same time though, as said, it will also be limited to the nights people can escape.

Shame to see it go, but at least Central is still going strong.

TheGambler#11893
Add me on Hearthstone

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:53 am 

Well I get the impression from the revised (edited) TGA announcement in the first post that trying to reopen the north chapter of the club is not going to happen anytime soon.... shame as if the closure was to do with the low attendance as a result of shortened hours, surely finding an alternative location (perhaps further north... captive market perhaps :)) where that problem can be solved would bring back stronger attendance numbers?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:54 am 

I'm interested in getting something going in around abouts that area Gaza... but I'm not going to have the time to look at it till February and I would need helpers to run it.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:19 am 

Quote:
I'm interested in getting something going in around abouts that area Gaza... but I'm not going to have the time to look at it till February and I would need helpers to run it.
Sounds like a couple of conversations we have been having. ;)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:48 am 

I'm keen to find out more :)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:07 am 

Quote:
I will volunteer to be one of your minions.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:48 pm 

Aza ..stupid auto correct

Thanks for the support guys. As I say nothing is going to happen for a couple of weeks.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:57 pm 

getting the venue is the hard part, those zumba ladies and karate kids have all the halls locked up and the city of joondalup / waneroo arent much help. if someone knew someone who either was in a sports club or had access to a hall / large room then we would be sweet.

i know us northies are keen to have a club in the north and help out where we can

Perth WMH Champs! Facebook Link!
Warmachine and Hordes West Oz Facbook group

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:32 pm 

Quote:
i know us northies are keen to have a club in the north and help out where we can
I think getting a north based club up and running will require a bit of research.

[1] What area/suburb has the highest saturation of players
[2] What days most players could attend on a regular basis.
[3] What are the most popular war gaming platforms e.g Warhammer, 40k, War Machine, Malifaux or Blood Bowl

Can we do polls on this website? :mrgreen:

I think once you have the numbers form the above points you can then look for a location to match the majority.

The closer the club is to the majority of players, the less travelling time is involved and this equals more time to play + a larger turnout of regular players.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:40 pm 

Whilst I think this is a great idea, I think it's better to take this discussion elsewhere guys

Touchdowns - 6 For - 3 Against

Casualties - 3 For - 11 Against

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:08 pm 

Quote:
[3] What are the most popular war gaming platforms e.g Warhammer, 40k, War Machine, Malifaux or Blood Bowl
Thats easy. I don't play any of those games. yay.