[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
Battle for Armageddon-2E40k League 800pts@Outpost 8/11 - Page 10 - WestGamer
It is currently Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:09 am

All times are UTC+08:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 187 posts ]  Go to page Previous 18 9 10 11 12 13 Next
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:08 am 

Great photos !!

Here is my re-cap of the 13th of September games.
We had 11 players attend, so I stepped out and got to ‘supervise’ :D

First -the armies. At the 400 point size we had the following:
Aulia’s Space Corgi's:

Peters Tyranids:

Spiv’s Tyranids:
(Counts-as Hive Tyrant)

Liam’s ‘Black Legion’ friends:

Chris’ Ravenwing:

Tom’s Eldar:

John’s Genestealer Cult:

Chris’ Wold Eaters:

Tom’s Tyranids:

Adrian’s Eldar:

The Games:
Objective: Engage and Destroy. Additional 1 VP for every squad or character destroyed on top of standard VP. One strategy card per army
The pairings were in the order of the photos above-

Aulia’s Space Corgi's (with strategy mine field) vs. Peter’s Tyranids

Somehow the hulking Hive Tyrant waded through the strategy-card minefield (green turf in top photo) of death - only taking one wound.

That terminator weathered 5 strength 6 hits, after the squad repeated rolled 1’s to hit the advancing bug horde.

Turn 4 finishing up as a 2 VP v 2 VP draw.

Spiv’s Tyranids vs. Liam’s CSM (Strategy card?)

Lo, and the Chaos lord looked upon his daemon blade, and realise-th that tyranids do not suffer break tests, and thus cannot be consumed on the famed 2+.

Turn 4 finishing Genestealers 4 VP v 0 VP, the dreaded reaper autocannon jammed at a horrible moment whilst the genestealers rushed from cover to cover.

Chris’ Ravenwing (Covering Fire) vs. Tom’s Eldar (Insane Courage)

Covering fire giving the Terminators a post-deployment advantage, they re-routed to a line of fire with the assault cannon, destroying all bar 2 of the Wraith Guard at the top of the first turn. ...Before rolling 1’s to hit for the remainder.

Insane Courage rallied the last Wraith Guard (we played it that they are Ld8 therefore not immune to psychology?) who in turn, didn’t do much. The Eldar boss strode around the corner and finished the job by head-shotting 2 terminators with his Shuriken pistol.

Eldar win 3VP vs 1 VP.

John’s Genestealer Cult vs. Chris’ World Eaters

Brawl of the cultists!

“we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; and we shall fight in the trees, we shall never surrender”

After 4 rounds of drawn combat between the mighty demagogue and chaos lord, the lord was victorious. Until he was shot by a cultist on overwatch. The end.
Draw: 6VP vs 6VP.

Tom’s Tyranids vs. Adrian’s Eldar

The Eldar shuriken-death-squad sat on overwatch and shot all of the bugs they could, though there were many. At one point there were 13 hits on the Hive Tyrant who ended up taking only 1 wound!

The Eldar host held their ground but were unable to finish off the small gaunt (x5) squads and were ultimately overwhelmed.

Tyranids 2VP vs Eldar 1VP.

I will re-jig my little graph of doom to the pending consumption of the Armageddon system by the Tyranid Onslaught!

Thanks to all who played, if I've mis-represented any games it's unintentional (let me know) I've quickly typed it out from memory and the VP as scored by the players. Next round is 600 points on the 4th of October! See you then!

The battles progress tracker:

(average VP per faction / overall sum of averaged VP)

Last edited by w00f135 on Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:38 am 

Quote:
Lo, and the Chaos lord looked upon his daemon blade, and realise-th that tyranids do not suffer break tests, and thus cannot be consumed on the famed 2+.
Almost. Big and most medium Nids automatically pass all leadership tests. We dont believe in that kind of nonsense. Stiff upper lip and all that.

Thanks for running this. Its been alot of fun so far. Nice write up.

cheers
Spiv

Accept certain inalienable truths Necrons will rise, invul saves will fail, you too will deep strike off of the table. Later you'll fantasize that when you were young Necrons didn't come back, Tyranids were gods and the scatter die always read Hit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:19 pm 

Many thanks for this, Sam. Last nights game was one of the most fun games I've ever played. It was also my first ever win in 40k (until age of Sigmar, I was pretty much a fantasy player only).

Looks like Biel-tan and Ulthwe have their work cut out for them, or, with all these tyranids, it'll be Iyanden all over again...

Looking forward to next session, and thanks again - the graphs, photos and highlights are very rewarding to see.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:10 pm 

Awesome! Thanks for sharing the pics and the game summaries. That was a great read. The armies are looking very cool and the 400pt games look like a real blast. Good work!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:28 pm 

Change of plans now for me as I rejig the next stage and beyond, I swear everyone would have performed better if they were painted so I have to get cracking at that.

It was a really fun night despite being pantsd

Wyrd Henchman

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:12 pm 

Glad to hear everyone had fun. I'm wary that the games are a bit shorter at this stage but it's nice to have an early night at club once in a while!

I think I'll be re-jigging as well. I don't have anything capable of taking down a tyrant!

P.s. We played it wrong, word from the WGAU pros of 2nd Ed state:

"Tyranids have to take LD-tests if hit by a Demon Weapon or a psychic power (as does the Avatar), they simply don't test for psychology and break tests. This has been clarified in the FAQ, the text in both codexes has been a bit over the top.

Remember no parry or 2nd weapon (wether shooting or hth) for a Demon Weapon wielder (also from the FAQ)."

So your last stand may have ended differently.

Also for Adrian and Tom- Eldar support Grav platform weapons can move and fire. The only one that can't is the D-Cannon variety as it was rated as way OP.

May have changed the outcomes a little but we now know for future!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:36 pm 

I don't mind playing it like that, but the battle bible clearly states that they can't...
Still you did find that in the actual book las cannons and plasma cannons were exempt. Thing is, I have one las and one missile launcher, so it makes it easier to say they can both move and fire.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:13 pm 

The Battle Bible is no longer the bastion of truth we once thought it was.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:48 pm 

Here comes the pain train! Choo Choo!Image

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

Accept certain inalienable truths Necrons will rise, invul saves will fail, you too will deep strike off of the table. Later you'll fantasize that when you were young Necrons didn't come back, Tyranids were gods and the scatter die always read Hit

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:15 pm 

So... working toward my next 200 point addition, interested in your opinions!

At 400 points I had:
1x Warboss, cyboar, powerfist, 'eavy armor and
6x Boar boyz +autocannon,
9x Kommandos + plasma, +8 bolters,

In light of the big terrifying bugs and likely dread//predator level armor floating about, for 600 I'm thinking of adding the following:
+1 Mek with Shokk Attack Gun w/'eavy armor,
+1 Runtherd (no gear),
+3 Snotling bases
+1 Squig Katapult
+1 War Track with Multimelta and squig fuel injectas.
=199points (including the extra 1pt bolter I couldn't afford for the kommandos last game)

Do you think 3 snotling bases enough enough? I could drop the fuel injectas from the war trak and 'eavy armor from the mek for an additional 2 bases.
edit: Another thought was to drop the injectas and buy a +5pt bionic eye for the mek to give him +1 BS and detect hidden within 24".

I'd like to add more boyz but am wary of the amount of painting this 200 points is already creating!
...Likely I'll add a madboy mob when I add the Weirdboy at 800points.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:29 pm 

I was going to add a Lictor, but it looks like it comes from the Individuals allowance, not the Support like I thought. Guess Ill just have to grab more of the little 'gaunts and maybe some more kit for the Tyrant.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:29 pm 

Quote:
I was going to add a Lictor, but it looks like it comes from the Individuals allowance, not the Support like I thought. Guess Ill just have to grab more of the little 'gaunts and maybe some more kit for the Tyrant.
That or take a tooled-up warrior brood? 3 warriors +2 Devourers +1 Barbed Stranger = 201 points?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:56 am 

Quote:
Do you think 3 snotling bases enough enough? I could drop the fuel injectas from the war trak and 'eavy armor from the mek for an additional 2 bases.
edit: Another thought was to drop the injectas and buy a +5pt bionic eye for the mek to give him +1 BS and detect hidden within 24".
BS doesn't affect the Shokk Attack scatter. Though the spotting hidden may work for you :)

I would add the extra 2 bases. As it gives 2 turns of 2 bases and 1 turn for one to be sent through. Adding the the threat of the Shokk Attack.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:32 am 

I've just realised I'm not going to be able to make the 4th of October :(

...but I will be well and truly ready for 800 points in November.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:52 pm 

My 600 Points:

Exarch: Shuriken Pistol, Power Sword, Exarch Powers - Battle Fortune and Tough.
4 Dire Avengers
6 Guardians
6 Guardians
5 Wraith Guard
Anti Grav Platform - Missile Launcher
Anti Grav Platform - Lascannon

For 800...I'm thinking a Falcon Grav Tank (+198 points)... 8)

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 187 posts ]  Go to page Previous 18 9 10 11 12 13 Next