It is currently Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:24 pm

All times are UTC+08:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 187 posts ]  Go to page Previous 19 10 11 12 13 Next
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:30 pm 

here's a full "army" shot of the undefeated wolves :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 5:20 pm 

Dark reapers are finecast and appalling. I don't have time for them. Alternative choice I wanted was to take dark Eldar wyches as Eldar pirates. I'm assuming there's no issue with that? Both are squads of non-conventional Eldar with assault weapons...

Edit: Harlequins incoming as well :P

Relic Knights - Shattered Sword
Kings of War - Undead / Brotherhood / Elves

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:39 pm 

Hey, I just had a couple of rules questions I wanted to ask.

1) Do you need line of sight to charge?
I played it that you did need LoS in my last game and it was pretty devastating for me, but I can't find any reference in the rulebook. It seems that (as far as I know) you could even charge at a model in your rear arc that was also obscured by terrain just as long a) they are in charge range and b) you could reasonably expect to reach them.

2) Can I give a Brood Brother a close combat weapon, an autopistol AND an autogun?
I'd like to have all my cultist models be interchangable for convenience and also gaming flexibility. Under the Wargear section it says "Any model may be equipped with weapons chosen from the Assault and Basic weapons sections". In those sections, it says I can have an unlimited number of assault weapons and only a single basic weapon. So nothing stopping me having two assault weapons and a single basic weapon?

My tabletop gaming weblog: Blue Zone Ranger

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:27 pm 

1. I always thought you did, but i cant find it in the rules either. Even if you did need LoS remember that its 360 degrees so you could always charge backwards.

2. Seems fair?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:59 pm 

There is a 90 degree line of sight, page 26 of main rule book, but this seems only to be in relation to shooting.

Couldn't find anything about los in the book regarding charging, but it would be odd for game mechanics to give an arc for shooting but not charging. Still, with nothing in the rules, I guess it's open to interpretation.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:31 pm 

I looked too, I couldn't see anything about LOS and charging.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:56 pm 

Found something, but it's from the battle bible...and we've found how buggy that is. It's from the errata at the end of the document under close combat. It states:

Q: can you charge a hidden model or one you can't see at the start of your move?
A: yes.

So there's an answer, but not sure whether it's to be adopted. Will put it to the group to decide.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:20 pm 

Cheers for all the responses. I think that clears up my questions. Now I just need to start try to learn the psychic rules! Back in the day nobody I played with had Dark Millennium so that will be new ground for me.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:53 pm 

If you ever played 4th ed warhammer fantasy, it's pretty much identical to that magic system. Roll 2d6, deal out that number of winds up of magic / warp cards and use them to power spells /powers or dispel/ nullify.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:06 am 

Apologies, was at a workshop all day friday and wasn't near a pc over the weekend. Think you got it covered but:
Quote:
Hey, I just had a couple of rules questions I wanted to ask.
1) Do you need line of sight to charge?
I played it that you did need LoS in my last game and it was pretty devastating for me, but I can't find any reference in the rulebook. It seems that (as far as I know) you could even charge at a model in your rear arc that was also obscured by terrain just as long a) they are in charge range and b) you could reasonably expect to reach them.
If the errata says you can charge hidden and non-LOS then we can play it as charge anything within 360 degrees?
Quote:
2) Can I give a Brood Brother a close combat weapon, an autopistol AND an autogun?
I'd like to have all my cultist models be interchangable for convenience and also gaming flexibility. Under the Wargear section it says "Any model may be equipped with weapons chosen from the Assault and Basic weapons sections". In those sections, it says I can have an unlimited number of assault weapons and only a single basic weapon. So nothing stopping me having two assault weapons and a single basic weapon?
Yep you can. Some of the more expensive models (like space marines) have Bolters and Bolt Pistols included in their standard armament. You can have a squad armed with pairs of power swords if your heart desires.

The only limitation is cost :D

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:52 pm 

Just over a week to go!

How goes the paintening lads?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:57 am 

Squat list never truly got finished, so I have otherwise useless mdels here.
So, a couple of 'do people mind if...' questions:

The points cost for a squad of bikes is 143 points - divide by 5 that's 28.6 points per bike and rider. If I were to pay 30 points each to give my characters a bike - would that be ok? I have some great models of Warlord, Guildmaster and Hearthguard on bikes. Also one has a sidecar carrying the Living Ancestor. For that one I would propose I add up the total cost of a hearthguard, living ancestor, and add 30 points for the bike (and given teh Space Marine Attack bike uses same damage tables as any other bike I would imagine I should just use the same rules as for a normal Squat bike).

My heavy support allowance is over by 5 points. Can I sneak this in? My 'codex' is not very flexible! And I'm not not taking a psyker or any wargear cards or anything too beardy - though I do promise lots of beards :lol:

Want opinions from all players and if anyone objects I will stick to RAW.

Cheers!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:37 am 

I have no problem with this, bring on the cool models!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:19 pm 

I'm ready to go for 800...

I thought I could squeeze in two more genestealers, but I can't, but at least I'll be able to run 8 at higher point levels. The patriarch is just a normal genestealer rules-wise, I just wanted to paint him!

This is my list. Pretty much had to stack things on the tyrant to get up to the points value!

* Hive tyrant with bonesword, barbed strangler, whip, voltage field, toughened exoskeleton and venom sacs - 245
* 7 genestealers - 196
* 10 termagants - 60
* 10 hormagaunts - 80
* 6 gargoyles - 96
* Zoanthrope - 120

797 points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:40 pm 

Great night last night! Can't wait for the team games next month and associated craziness :D

Now it's just a question of who gets the chop to bring the list back down to 600 points...

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 187 posts ]  Go to page Previous 19 10 11 12 13 Next