[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
A League of Ice and Fire - Page 7 - WestGamer
It is currently Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:55 pm

All times are UTC+08:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous 15 6 7 8 9 Next
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:19 am 

Quote:
How about 100x50mm base, so you can use it as Kingdon of Men's warbeast in case you're interested in starting KoW?
I like this idea. I assume that's a 50mm front and 100mm deep?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:11 am 

Yup. 50mm frontage and 100mm depth, cause you don't want the mammoth facing the enemy sideways. ;)

Come to think of it...I think the Ogre list has mammoth warbeast as well. Same base size. So there you go...collect an Ogre army :)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:06 am 

Looking forward to this. I havn't started painting yet but hopefully I will get time to take part. I have a big project for a display board for masters this year aswell as the couple of units I need to paint.

I have 32 conquest Norman knights that I need to put together and paint for this :/

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:02 pm 

Start of my Cavalry. Decided to go for a Lannister Bannerman - House Clegane :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:49 am 

Lesson learnt from this morning: painting horses is such a pain.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:38 pm 

Great work man. Are you going to get some dog transfers?

And yeah, horses are a pain. They're better when they're like the above and covered in barding.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:16 pm 

Awesome work Neil, I like your idea of using a Clegane host for the Lannisters a lot. That will be really cool, except the bit where Genestealer Clegane cleaves one of my Knights of the Vale into two poorly-matching pieces. Now that I am back in Perth for a few days I hope to re-start my own efforts in assembling more units for House Arryn of Gulltown.

As an aside I travelled through Ulaanbaatar recently (home of the Great Khans and their mounted, bow-shooting Mongolian supermen from the 12th and 13th Centuries). There is a fantastic monument to the Khans in the centre of town that has some absolutely superb statues of old Chinggis, and some of his really scary-looking buddies that I found tremendously inspiring. Got me thinking that I'd really like to model some of these guys in the near future. I reckon that a box of Fireforge Mongol Cavalry and a box of Steppe Warriors might be in the shopping basket sometime soon! Here are some cool pics of the Mongolian Cavalry monuments that show how awesome these look up close.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 5:15 pm 

Thanks for the kind words Taubad!

House Clegane Banner Bearer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 5:18 pm 

Looking really good Neil, where'd you get the banner from?

And are they the Fireforge Templar knights?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 5:26 pm 

Yup they are Fireforge knights. I got the banners from here: http://www.schildschmie.de/

He also does shield decals and stuff. Then banners you can download for free and print out.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:06 pm 

They look great, particularly the bloke with the banner. Thanks for the link for the shield and banner decals, much appreciated.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:15 pm 

Are you looking forward to the historical expansion then Taubad?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:56 am 

Quote:
Are you looking forward to the historical expansion then Taubad?
Absolutely - a historical massed battle expansion sounds like way too much fun to me. I'm going to base my Lion Rampant minis in a way that allows me to retrofit them onto a KoW Regimental movement tray. So I'll have a dual purpose historical force at the end of the LoIaF League.

Post subject: A League of Ice and Fire
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:17 pm 

More Starks are coming... right now

Put a bit of green in these guys, makes them a little more interesting I think.

I'm going to paint these in groups of six, so these five join the test model (who's base I no longer like and have to redo) as the first half of the serjeants unit. Going to do a unit of archers next, I'm thinking of doing them a mix of Tallhart (green) and Hornwood (orange) troops.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:41 pm 

They look awesome Peter!! I love the green you have added, it makes them pop in a subtle and typically understated Starkish way. Great work as usual. Bases look very nice too.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous 15 6 7 8 9 Next