It is currently Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:01 pm

All times are UTC+08:00

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:23 pm 

My proposed army list is bellow, I don't have the rulebook so points are based on websites XD

BROTHERHOOD WITHOUT BANNERS
6x Mounted Serjeants (includes Beric Dondarrion)
12x Foot Serjeants (includes Lem Lemoncloak and Harwin)
12x Foot Yeomen [Javelins]
12x Archers [Expert] (includes Anguy and the Mad huntsman)
12x Fierce Foot (representing a pack of hunting dogs)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:33 pm 

Looks good Hobdoglin, I will look forward to a game against your Bannerless Brothers some time. By the way, tactics have some copies of the rules for both Lion Rampant and Dragon Rampant in stock now. I picked up both rules sets mid-last week, having ordered a hard copy of LR a couple of months back (I mentioned our League when I bought them so more may be ordered if they run out).

So, finally I have had some time to paint. Just enough to get my 24pt list finalised before I head back to work again. So here they are for your collective enjoyment.

Fierce Foot (Warlord Scottish with Lochaber Axes)

Archers (Citadel LoTR Dunedain)

Monted Men at Arms (Citadel LoTR Knights of Dol Amroth)

Mounted Sergeants (Front Rank Miniatures WotR and 100YW range - thanks for the tip on where to find these Youngster, they are ace!) - I have painted the Sergeants in the livery of Sir John Wenlock - this house fought on both the Lancastrian and Yorkist sides during the War of the Roses - Wennlock changed sides twice before coming to a sticky end at the Battle of Tewkesbury in 1471, fighting for the Lancastrians) - so I'm having a bet each way, picking both a white rose and a red rose with these lads - so I can play WoTR games as either Yorkist or Lancastrian). I hope to do a second batch of WotR Knights/Sergeants using heraldry of Richard Neville, Earl of Warwick, who was Wenlock's friend and mentor I believe (and also changed sides during the WotR).

Robin Arryn (Lord or the Eyrie, Protector of the Vale, Warden of the East, and Chief Bed Wetter of Westeros) with his Bodyguard (Foot Men at Arms, Knigths of Dol Amroth, Citadel LoTR range). I think that when Tyrion Lannister eventually catches up with him we may well see the little man fly.

....and to finish it off a shot of the Army of the Vale (24pts) as it stands today.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:46 pm 

nice looking army :)

Im still waiting for my rule book to be delivered, what are mounted/foot sergeants equiped with?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:11 am 

Thanks Hobdoglin.
Quote:
what are mounted/foot sergeants equiped with?
The rules don't specify types of hand weapon, so anything goes by the looks, but there are options to upgrade with bows and cross bows if you want a ranged shooting capability.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:51 am 

Looking great John, I look forward to killing that annoying Lord Arryn!

And yes the rules are very open, giving you a lot of flexibility to how your models are armed. There are specific rules for spear and the different missile weapons, but generally so long as it is clear what the unit represents, anything reasonable goes--your unit of dogs is a great example!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 3:02 am 

Thanks Peter, much appreciated. As for Lord Arryn, such a well-balanced and even-tempered individual, you will have to join what will probably be a long line of like-minded people (including his own bodyguard I suspect).

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:29 pm 

Am interested to play Lion Rampant, but not at all interested in the Game of Thrones universe / setting.

I have a Later English force (as listed at the back of the rulebook - 2 x Elite Archers, 1 x Elite Foot sergeants and 1 x Foot Men at Arms). They're depicted by Perry Miniatures Hundred Years War English. Perhaps I could join, with soldiers from house...Plantagenet? :wink:

As other posters have mentioned, Dragon Rampant will allow you to use whatever mythical creatures might inhabit this setting (dragons, enchanted soldiery, and such like).

It's making me think perhaps I'll look into some sort of campaign with Lion Rampant set in historical Europe... :P

Relic Knights - Shattered Sword
Kings of War - Undead / Brotherhood / Elves

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 4:00 pm 

Hey, I'm happy for you to join in, but it is a themed campaign and if you don't like the theme it's probably not for you unfortunately! Two of the other guys are adapting existing medieval forces to the theme, but if you don't want to do that then making your own is probably a good idea.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:30 pm 

I've just finished off some more minis for the League of Ice and Fire. Pics attached. I've added a couple of Mounted Sergeant units and another unit of Fierce Foot (Scottish Highlanders with pikes this time). The Mounted Sergeants carry heraldry related to the Richard Neville, Earl of Warwick (War of the Roses), with a couple of extra Wenlock's thrown in to round out the numbers. Next up some more missile troops. The last photos shows the Army of the Vale as it now stands (total 36 points).

ImageImageImageImage

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:50 pm 

They look great man, how did you do the heraldry?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:06 am 

Thanks Peter, I'm glad you like them. The shields are a combination of painting and printing (the finer detail is printed with paints and fine pens used to highlight the designs as well as the more significant features). For this League I have double based some of the infantry models; they can be removed from the green Citadel bases and re-mounted on a KoW regimental base, or other rectangular or square base for use in other games (I'm trying to multi-task my minis these days to get more use out of them).