It is currently Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:50 pm

All times are UTC+08:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 833 posts ]  Go to page Previous 151 52 53 54 55 56 Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 7:35 am 

A good night once again and whilst a technical draw as the game ended on Turn 6 I was never in the game and played a delaying action. When that's not the mission objective it's less satisfying ;)

I was out of the game after the first turn when both my 233 and PzIII failed to take out the American artillery. That left the PzIII exposed but claiming soft and squishy cover from the Heer squad. It wasn't enough and the tank went pop at the start of turn 2. The Heer got pinned (literally to death as it turns out) and not even the HQ could get them moving again.

On the other flank I had managed to set up some nice enfilading fire making Sam very cautious in his approach bar one very ballsy flame thrower team who sacrificed themselves to torch out the sniper team, survived a close encounter with a MMG only to be popped by a super accurate mortar round.

Spending most of the rest of the game head down while being pounded by MG fire, planes, and small arms fire the Veteran SS were slowly but surely whittled away.

Sam, I think if you'd been more aggressive with the Sherman you could have just driven that bad boy straight onto the objective for the technical win. I had nothing to touch it bar veteran infantry with small arms, and IIRC that's a long shot. Fear test to Assault, no chance of getting more than 3 on the damage table. In fact I don't think they can even pen if it's a 9+ medium tank because 6 +2 for top/rear ... 8 max. Time to add AT grenades to the list.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 8:30 am 

Thanks to everyone who came down, great to see the armies getting bigger and bigger

John's Poles v Jack's Soviets:

Sam's Americans v Dave's Germans

Shane's Soviets v Nathan's French

Nico's Americans v Paul's Japanese (sorry didn't get a good pic Paul!)

It's on again at Gamagori next week, then onto 1250.

The consensus among all I spoke to was that people are happy to leave it at 1250 and then get on to a team game in the last week.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 8:52 am 

sorry I didn't make it fellas. I am pretty sick went away last week and got something up in the camp. The armies all look great!! I have to focus I still only have 690 points painted so its going to be a big push for next months 1250 goal.
The tracks on my Panzer are so (censored)! I tried the hotwater bending method and filing a little bit but they are so warped. It just killed all motivation for me unfortunately. I think I will send an email to warlord and see if they can send me some new tracks.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 10:19 am 

Great photos Peter! Nice to have this stuff documented on the thread. Pity you could not make it grimgut (mine camps certainly are great for spreading the joyful winter lurgies), and about the Panzer track; hopefully Warlord send a replacement part.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 11:22 am 

Quote:
The tracks on my Panzer are so (censored)! I tried the hotwater bending method and filing a little bit but they are so warped. It just killed all motivation for me unfortunately. I think I will send an email to warlord and see if they can send me some new tracks.
Totally email Warlord, but I can also suggest (having done it on my StuH) to lay the track down and use a hairdryer on hot. Straightened them pretty well on mine.

"Cry "Havoc!!", and let slip the dogs of war" Julius Caesar; Act III, Scene I

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 3:01 pm 

Hey that's not a bad idea
I will try that first, hopefully the misses has a hairdryer

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 11:48 am 

Quote:
I vote a tie for man of the match, split evenly between the Soviet mortar spotter that managed a Turn 1 KIA on my anti-tank gun and the Polish sniper who chimed in with the scalps of the Soviet CO, the Commissar and three NCO's before being riddled by long-range rifle fire from a group of sturdy and vengeful Soviet patriots.

I still don't like Zis3's and that is not likely to change any time soon :lol:
Haha yeh mate, Your sniper is man of the match. Got like 3 NCO's, Commissar and Lt. He took out all the leaders.

Commissar managed to kill 5 dudes with his pistol however, too bad they were all soviets!

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 2:10 pm 

Quote:
Commissar managed to kill 5 dudes with his pistol however, too bad they were all soviets!
...and Mr Commissar managed to cap my Lt with a very well placed double-tap; my Lt clearly wasn't showing anywhere near enough Soviet zeal, the beast!

Oh and LFG BA at next Outpost night

So are any League participants interested in a Bolt Action League game next time Outpost is open (shut next week I believe but open on 24 May I think). I'm happy to play 1000pts or lower for anyone that has yet to get to that level; this may particularly interest anyone who missed out on a game at Outpost last Tuesday. I won't be able to make it to the June and July games nights at Outpost or Gamagori (work has spoken and duty calls) so will look to get at least one 1250pt League game in on alternate nights in late June or early July instead.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 2:36 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
I vote a tie for man of the match, split evenly between the Soviet mortar spotter that managed a Turn 1 KIA on my anti-tank gun and the Polish sniper who chimed in with the scalps of the Soviet CO, the Commissar and three NCO's before being riddled by long-range rifle fire from a group of sturdy and vengeful Soviet patriots.

I still don't like Zis3's and that is not likely to change any time soon :lol:
Haha yeh mate, Your sniper is man of the match. Got like 3 NCO's, Commissar and Lt. He took out all the leaders.

That's really putting the pressure on! I think my over-the-sights Howitzer shot that one-shotted Dave's Panther at the top of turn 2 was pretty brutal! Kudo's to him not table flipping at that point haha. I'd give you a game John although I think I've double (triple?) booked for catch up some catch up Malifaux.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 3:07 pm 

Quote:
Oh and LFG BA at next Outpost night
I'm keen for that John! I didn't get to use my 1000 point list.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 3:33 pm 

Awesome Peter, another Franco-Polish battle sounds good to me so lets lock that in for the 24th. We can play that 1000pts game you missed out on if you like.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 4:15 pm 

Taubad there is nothing wrong with Zis-3's! If you cant handle that they like to reach out and say hello in an explosive hug kind of way it isn't our fault :P

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 5:13 pm 

Quote:
they like to reach out and say hello in an explosive hug kind of way
LOL and +5 to that! Those Zis3's sure are friendly, a bit like a playful Polar Bear cub or a frisky Tiger Shark fingerling.......sooooo cuuute!

Now as for my shiny new 17pdr anti-tank gun, for when my Poles are all grown up and become big, sensitive paratroopers, now that's got a really big friendly hug, particularly if a large friendly cat is involved.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 5:15 pm 

Hi just wondering if anyone's going to be at Gamegori tomorrow night?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 7:53 am 

Nathan said he'd be there but once again real life conspires against me. FB might be a better option to lfg.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 833 posts ]  Go to page Previous 151 52 53 54 55 56 Next