It is currently Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:44 pm

All times are UTC+08:00

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:07 pm 

As it is past 5, the match ups are the following and if you want in late try to bring a friend as it makes everything easier for me:
Marty v Jarrod
Neil v Nic
Turin said he is only able to play in the final round, in which I will sit out.

I assume that me and Marty will smash out our game tomorrow, I wish the best of luck to the others

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:02 am 

First ever game of Infinity had and what a cracker! This game is unlike any other I've played. The ARO game mechanic really changes how you play your force. No longer is your turn free to do as you wish with no fear from the enemy. Things I learnt:

- Take care with placing your models. Cover is key and ensuring your enemy doesn't have line of sight to you is the best way to ensure they are safe.
- Template weapons are brutal.
- Link teams seem unfair... so make use of them! They are so efficient with orders.

Onto next round. 150 points to play with this round. Have fun!

Next round pairings:

Jarred vs Neil
Marty vs Nic

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:06 am 

Turns out pretas are legit :D

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:25 pm 

Before I forget and for you all to see here are the following league standings after round 1:
Neil - 16
Jarrod - 8
Marty - 4
Nic - 2
Yay for weird multiplication systems that make it seem like you scored points, and rewards those games that go for two turns.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:57 pm 

On to tonight's game against Neil, he learnt what Shasvastii can do the hard way...

Neil claimed victory in the FtF for initiative, choosing to take first turn and letting me have choice for deployment. Setting up he had his pretas and oznat right next the worm, with a vanguard on the other side and Sogarat in reserve. I then set up a wide array of camo markers and my noctifier in hidden deployment, plus my speculo killer in reserve. Neil deploys his sogarat in the middle, I then take the risk of having my speculo killer in his deployment zone and fail the wip roll.
His first turn he moves his sogorat so it has LoF ro the speculo killer which turns to face, then when the Sogarat fires drops smoke successfully at her feet preventing further attacks. The Sogarat then wanders back up the field, followed by the vanguard for support against the speculo. The pretas then advance up the field to investigate some markers, come up to marker number 1 and foolishly three pretas run around the corner to discover that it was really a mine. BOOM!!! two pretas are taken out of combat, Neil then spends his lt order to reform the link team and procedes the pretas into a bit more cover.
My turn one with my speculo killer still alive I burn an order to re-impersonate the angry space apes, then waltz up to the Sogarat avoiding a lot of detection from the Sogarat and the vanguard. Then proceed to cut the sogarat in half with the monofilament sword, narrowly escaping bullet fire by using the dead body as a meat shield. Then the speculo moves towards the vanguard firing her combi as she does, two bullets hit her target but only one wounds which was enough to remove the troop from action ending the turn in the open.
Neil has to elect a new commander, and the sends his oznat for revenge which manages to take the speculo killer to unconscious and ending his turn. With the speculo killer out my turn I unleash the noctifier which happens to be near the the preatas and oznat makes a move towards them, surprising the two remaining pretas in a hail of fire wounding one. In trade is bombarded with a spray of chain rifle templates from the one remaining, both hits marginally hit the cover and his armour while the oznat turns to face. I rain majority of the fire on the remaining preta and a single shot into the oznat, the preta finally takes a wound and I win the FtF roll with the oznat. Though the spray from the preta also hits mark wounding the noctifier, bloody and determined I push the dogged warrior on to his last target the Worm. My final order with the noctifier before he dies is to bring the pain to the worm with his spitfire, in which he is successful ending the game.

The game ended in 10-0 (objective points) my favour due to shasvastii shenanigans and not giving points without the model and spawn entirely removed from the board.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:01 am 

Well as it is the end of the round the next set of opponents are:
Neil v Marty
Nic v Jarrod

Also can Nic or Marty pm/post up the results so I can update the ladder, or tell me what is happening with the round

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:41 pm 

I had to forfeit that one jarrod, couldn't line one up all week and then had a big work thing come up so couldn't make Sunday

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:40 pm 

that's cool thanks for letting me know, also are you free this coming Sunday for our game? as it is the best day for me

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:55 pm 

scoreboard has been updated on the original post, with Neil dropping from first to third plus Marty and Myself rising a position. The parings are mentioned before, but be aware guys that there are now classified objectives (equal to 40% of the round's points) so don't forget about including people that can achieve them.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:45 pm 

Given that everyone except maybe Marty has had a busy week last week, so keep to the current rounds except that Marty is now against Turin (Genhain). Playing the round 4 scenario.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:27 pm 

Cool I'm back home on Wednesday so when is good for you Marty I can host or travel and what day would be good for you?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:10 am 

Sorry I have kinda forgotten about updating this after the tournament, there were a handful of reasons but now it has been updated. Anyway I would like to thank everyone who played in it and made it what it was, as it couldn't be done without you. On to the awards for the league, I somehow took out first place with 40 points I do believe a skew win in my favour boosted me up, followed by Marty on 24 points, Neil on 16 points, Nic on 6 points, and Turin on 2 points.
I decided that if you couldn't play for whatever reason (Neil wanted a break, and Turin could only play the last round) that they got the lowest points scored in the round which turned out to be 0 most of the time.

Though lets get to the important things, the prizes:
Marty as you came second you get the choice from the following - The old Sun Tze (multi rifle), a weapon pack with Haqqi and Pan O weapons in it, PanO patch or Highlander Army patch.
Neil you get a similar choice but minus any already selected, then Nic and lastly Turin.

Also additional things will be added to the person's prize like badges, little art cards and the possibility posters.

Before I forget there is the possibility to continue on with the league if all players agree