It is currently Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:16 am

All times are UTC+08:00

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 9:49 pm 

KRAGS
Presents
[/b]

So Ladies and Gentlemen of Old Earth, dare you take the train ride through the breach?

I thought it was about time I ran another league, this time a slow-grow with the intention of letting players dust off their crews and try out second edition, or try out a new crew if you're an experienced player.

Starting with this Friday, you'll play 5 games, building from 25ss upto 60ss, building on the basics, building on a henchmen and building your power!

The only restrictions are your faction - play whatever masters you like, but from one faction throughout. Ten Thunders or Faction, not both!

So enlisted folks & their chosen factions are:
Paulos - Guild
Charles - Ressers
Kyle - Outcasts
Justin - Arcanists
Adrian - Outcasts
Jamie - Neverborn
John - Neverborn

Results & Achievements
ROUND 5 - About to Start
Adrian - 3/1/0
John - 2/1/0
Charles - 1/1/2
Kyle - 1/1/2
Paul - 1/1/2
Jamie - 0/0/2
Justin - 0/0/1

GAME 1 - FIRST BLOOD
25ss Henchmen lead standard encounter game. Deployment, Strategy & Scheme Pool picked at the start of the night and applied to all games.

GAME 2 - SECOND HELPINGS
35ss Master lead standard encounter game. Deployment, Strategy & Scheme Pool picked at the start of the night and applied to all games.

GAME 3 - THE UNFOLDING STORY
45SS Master lead story encounter game. Deployment, Strategy & Scheme Pool picked at the start of the night and applied to all games.

GAME 4 - THE UNBOUND
50ss Master lead standard encounter game. You may choose any master from your chosen faction. Deployment, Strategy & Scheme Pool picked at the start of the night and applied to all games.

GAME 5 - THE FATED
55ss Master lead standard encounter game. You may choose any master from your chosen faction. Deployment, Strategy & Scheme Pool picked at the start of the night and applied to all games.

GAME 6 - LAST MAN STANDING
60ss Master lead story encounter game. You may choose any master from your chosen faction. Deployment, Strategy & Scheme Pool picked at the start of the night and applied to all games.

Thanks

Last edited by brotherpaulos on Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:35 pm, edited 13 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 10:55 pm 

well, I may not make it this week but I will be doing arcanist for this one. Ramos the master.

my blog http://firewaterportal.blogspot.com/
email firewaterportal@gmail.com

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 5:47 am 

Count me in, of course.

I'll go with Outcasts. It's one of the few Factions left with 4 Masters I haven't tried. :mrgreen:

Malifaux Henchman
Currently Painting: KoW Salamanders
Models Painted this Year: 38 (2015: 265)

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 7:24 am 

Cool, thanks guys. See you Friday Adrian, and Justin let me know when you want a game.

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 6:19 pm 

The Usual Suspects starts tomorrow night with 25ss Henchmen lead games. Time to break in a new Henchie before The Lord and Master takes to the field!

We hope to see you there!

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 11:11 am 

Our league kicked off last night with two games in play and a couple of spectators. First round has a couple more weeks to run for those that couldn't made it last night, or who want to get in on the action.

A shot of two of our boards and games in play:
And as I mentioned last night, its time for the random awards, that any player can nominate themselves or there opponents for, just post em up here.

So last night I played Charles, who took to the field with Toshiro and three punks and a graveyard spirit. This is quite a solid crew, given how hard Toshy is to kill and how he buffs his zombies, or just brings em back as Ashigaru.

Paulos playing Sidhir
Lock, Load & Misfire
For black jokering my machine gun, not once, not twice but three times in one game. Eventually ended up using it as a club when Sid got charged by a punk zombie.

Now you See Me
For using scheme counters to teleport Westrels back from the front line, usually dying Westrels!

Close but no Cigar
For loosing out on outflank by about an inch when my Westrels failed to disengage from combat with a punk zombie who was trying to take him prisoner

Charles playing Toshiro
I'll just raise another one!
At least four successful summonings over three turns, those Ashigaru wouldn't stay down

Fast is spelt with a '!'
Toshy only to happy to give out fast to his punks with his War Fan ability. Charles took great pleasure in writing on the card and maximising the damage output of those zombies.

Keep that for later
Charles had only one card in his hand on turn 5, the red joker. He knew it and I knew it, and man did he use the threat of it to good effect. He kept me guessing most of that turn! And then he ends the game with it still in his hand - cheeky bugger!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:06 am 

Hi guys....

So, I've picked up the new Pandora box... and, assuming it arrives on time, I should be there this Friday with the Neverborn to play a catch-up game...

Jamie

and this years Independent Character Hobby Challenge: http://www.theindependentcharacters.com ... =87&t=7029

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:42 am 

Hi Jamie,

Yep bring her down. You only need 25ss and a henchman for this round. I'll probably organise you against Charles or Justin depending on there availability.

Pandora is a tricky master to get the hang of but as Adrian demonstrated to me last night she can be brutal in practised hands.

Cheers

Paul

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:22 pm 

What Paul said - Pandora is definitely very solid, but she also plays quite unlike most other Masters. Lots of nickel and dime damage adding up to lots of dead models, plus she's the queen of activation control, potentially forcing certain models in the enemy crew to activate earlier or later.

If I'm not playing this Friday I can give you some advice on playing her and Candy in particular (she's the Henchman in the box). She looks a little weak at first glance but she's actually very strong when you start messing about with her activation control.

Malifaux Henchman
Currently Painting: KoW Salamanders
Models Painted this Year: 38 (2015: 265)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:10 pm 

Just don't teach him too much Adrian..... :shock:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:30 pm 

Its time for some Second Helpings in our slow grow league. Games this week and next are 35ss master lead encounters. For those that were in round 1, you must use the Henchman from your first game.

Deployment, Strategy and Schemes will be drawn on the night and will be the same for all games in this round.

Anyone else is welcome to join in the fun!

If you have any questions, then please do not hesitate to contact me.

Thanks for looking!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:34 pm 

Round 3 starts 27/06 and will be a random Story Encounter drawn on the night.
You may use ANY master from your chosen faction. This will be a 45ss game.
Placings have been updated based on the notes that I've taken. A few of you still need to get your round 1 or 2 games in.

My Round 2 Experience (no pics because I was busy bricking it, so you'll have to just laugh at my attempts at western narrative)

Reconnoitre with Standard Deployment

I'm running:
McCabe with Stragemetal Shirt (McNuggets and his prancing pony 'Old Yella')
Sidhir (Apu)
2 Westrels (English Toffs)
2 Riflemen (Stormtroopers)
1 Austringer (Bird Man)

I announced Entourage and Line in the Sand

Charles Ran:
Seamus with Sinister Reputation and Bag of Tools
Copycat Killer
Toshiro with bloated stench
Punk Zombie
Rotten Belle
2 Canine Remains

Charles announces Entourage and keeps his second scheme to himself

Turn 1
Round 2 for McNuggets and his band of English Toffs did not go well. Looking at the strategy and schemes I thought I'd be laughing, as McNuggets could prance around on his pony and reconnoitre or contest, whilst my band of Toffs could steam up to the centre line and spam out scheme markers. My opponent on the other hand had other ideas, and Charles who was playing Seamus and Toshy as his henchman was always going to be a bit of a blood bath for me.

McNuggets prances up the centrefield backed by Apu, and couple of Toffs. Meanwhile two riflemen and an austringer reposition themselves so that anything that makes a move for my crew should meet with fast moving projectiles. McNuggets strips off his spangly shirt and chucks it to Apu for some group armour schnanigans. He then promptly gets himself lured by the Belle into range of Toshiro (oh crap....) Meanwhile Seamus and the copycat have teleported to the centreline and are hiding behind a convenient tent and threatening to pop up and flintlock anything that makes a move.

I see a punk on the flank trying to play Johny Inconspicuous behind some crystals, so I get Bird Man to issues some orders and move my Toff close the centreline ready to spam some scheme markers in turn 2. The storm troopers move up to make sure that punk cant sidle any close.

Score 0/0

Turn 2
I need initiative - I really need initiate if I'm going get McNuggets and his pony out of Toshies swinging range. After no less than three reflips I finally get initiative.

McNuggets spends his first action trying to break free and fails. Toshy clearly wants a hug. He looks down at his pony and whispers 'Sorry Yella, looks like your dinner' and goes on the offensive. I score three wounds on Toshy and give him slow. Charles in return activates Toshy and wave a fan at a nearby Belle who gets fast. He then takes a swing at McNuggets but fails to connect.

Seamus teleports on to a bluff and shrieks like a madman as he opens up with the flintlock and live for the pain to damn near send Apu to the great quicky mart in the sky. First Black Joker to defensive rolls - ok thats just bad luck..... Just for good measure the copycat follows suit and Apu is left with 1 wound left and his spangly shirt in tatters. Apu does a bit of healing and then opens up with the machine gun. He scores a couple of token wounds on the madman and the copycat but cant knock the loon off his lofty perch. The stormtroopers focus shoot the Resser for good measure but barely wing the guy.

Birdman issues another order and finally my Toffs can start spamming out some scheme markers. Two go down on the centre line and mister fancy cane goes sidling off into enemy territory to do lord knows what. Not really sure what he was doing if I was honest.

The belle manages to get McNuggets to strip down to his underwear before going at him with her freddy kruggers. The punk zombie picks up a twig and sidles forwards pretending to be a tree. One Canine is put down to some shots from the second stormtrooper and the other decides that the rogue toff might be tasty and takes off after him.

Score 1/0 to Charles for holding two table quarters

Turn 3
Initiative and again I'd really like to win it so I can get the hell out of Dodge with McNuggets, or atleast get Apu into some form of cover

Initiative flip - 3 to me, 5 to Charles. Bugger it I'm burning a soulstone - Reflips - 4 to me - Clucking Bell - I'm in trouble!

Seamus takes aim at Apu with live for the pain and misses. He does it again and misses. He thinks bugger this and pulls out the flintlock and once again misses. Now that's just bad luck... Apu heals two and runs behind a rock, counting his blessings. He decides to machine gun the tree loving punk samurai but only does 3 wounds.

The Copycat steps up to the ledge and does four wounds on one of my Toffs to show Seamus how it's done.

McNuggets smashes the Belle into an early grave. In return Toshy throttles Old Yella and suddenly McNuggets is the dirt and crucially he's free of Toshy.

The Rogue Toff with his fancy cane and top hat fails to connect with the Canine. The Canine clearly isn't sure about those fancy clothes and manages to miss as well.

Score 2/0 to Charles for holding two table quarters

Turn 4
The Rogue Westrel gets distract placed on him and I forget to take off. Easy VP to Charles. To add insult to injury the Toff's cane is about as effective as a paper umbrella in a hurricane.

McNuggets sees Toshy bearing down on him and runs like an Olympian in the opposite direction. I do have the good sense to keep him in enemy territory making my Entourage claim a little more feasible. Apu heals and goes running into the the Tree Hugger and amazingly manages to fell the punk before he can draw his katana.

Seamus teleports down off the bluff, behind a tent and shoots poor Bird Man. Birdman pulls my second black joker of the game for defense.... He then raises a Belle from the corpse. The copycat teleports down next to him but cant get a line on the Stormtroopers. The Stormtroopers can see they need to hold the line, so they both double focus on the tent where the big man is hiding in the hopes of getting him in the cross hairs next turn.

My remaining Toff drops a third scheme marker on the centre line and drags himself off to hide behind a big rock.

Score 3/1 to Charles

Turn 5
Seamus ducks out from behind the tent and puts a big hole in one of the stormtroopers, who barely survives the hand cannon attack. He tries a live for the pain but cant get it off. At this point Charles realises he really needs to get Seamus back into my deployment zone and hopefully out of range of my focussed storm troopers. Well 1 out of 2 isnt bad but Seamus is sticking out like a target at the rifle range and my boys have been waiting for this...

Stormtrooper 1 lets loose with a treble focus shot and pulls a black joker. Surprisingly he misses...

Stormtrooper 2 lets loose with his trble focus short and scores a massive 14. Seamus easily sidesteps the incoming ballistic missile.

Mcnuggets continues his 100 meter dash into Charles's deployment zone for Entourage.

Apu sees Toshy bearing down one on one of my scheme markers and so he steps out, grits his teeth, and pulls the trigger.... Now his luck up until this point has been shambolic and there is no way he is getting Employee of the Month. He knows it and I know it. He raises his brenn gun and lets loose and then he does it again for good measure. And Toshy falls... (Just)

Score 6/6 all - its a draw but it could have ended very differently it weren't for two things. McNuggets getting away from Toshy when Old Yella fell taught me how to sacrfice and summon Mcnuggets on foot to get out of combat. Lastly Apu's healing action got him back from 1 to 9 wounds over the course of 4 turns, and he then went on to be the best damn quicky mart manager ever, felling the tree hugger and Toshy with his Bren gun. Give that man the day off because he earnt it - in the end.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:45 pm 

Hi Folks,

We return this week with round 5 - "The Fated"

Round 4 was a little chaotic with me running a tournament and prep for our AGM, but I'm back on deck and wanting to see this campaign off with a bang!

THE FATED is a 55ss Master lead standard encounter game. You may choose any master from your chosen faction. Deployment, Strategy & Scheme Pool picked at the start of the night and applied to all games.

This round will last until the 7th August, with our final round on the 8th.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:35 pm 

One Last huzzah for our little campaign. Part 6 was delayed due to some of our number headfng out to Gencon. Well they are back and tempting us with their shinnies, so I think its only fair to enter the ring.
Part 6 takes part at KRAGs this Friday night.

We'll be using the rules from the Fright Night Stretegy, as published in Wyrd Chronicles. This will be a 40ss encounter and one exception to the rules below - only a minion can be elected to be their wrestler! Two men enter, one man leaves!