It is currently Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:33 am

All times are UTC+08:00

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:24 pm 

++++INCOMING MESSAGE++++
++PRIORITY OMEGA MAGENTA PRIMUS++
++ORIGIN: GALDOREN, BROTHER-CAPTAIN OF THE RAPTORS++

+++
During our routine patrol of the Naraka sector shipping lanes, we have come across a strange distortion in realspace. Monitoring of this anomaly has revealed random appearances of various vessels, both Imperial, traitor and xenos. The smaller xenos ships flee our guns as soon as they detected our presence and questioning of Imperial vessels' captains seems to indicate that ships travelling the warp are being randomly forced from the warp through this anomaly. The Navigators of these vessels all seem to suffer some sort of malaise immediately after the forced return to realspace which renders them mute and unresponsive to stimuli.

Skirmishes against these sudden invaders have been increasing, with several Imperial Navy vessels lost to enemy action. We have been able to impose some level of containment but with the unexpected appearance of vessels, without any warning, we struggle to track every vessel that has come through.

In the last week we have seen an increase in activity through the anomaly, with several xenos fleets suddenly erupting into realspace. Some of the xenos fleets are already being tracked on a course to nearby Imperial systems and there have also been sightings of Traitor vessels bearing the markings of the thrice-cursed Iron Warriors.

These fleets are beyond the capabilities of our patrol ships to stop so we request assistance from all Imperial commands in the Segmentum to deal with these incursions into Imperial territory. Let us strike quickly before our enemies gain a foothold in the sector

+++

Welcome, fellow Lords of War, to the summer EPIC:Armageddon campaign at the Tabletop Gamers Association.

The campaign will be played over the 4 Sundays of November 2013.

The points for the campaign will be as follows:
Win: 10 points
Draw: 2 points
Loss: -5 points

First player to reach the cumulative total of 120 points will be declared the winner of the campaign and his faction will claim control of the Naraka Sector! If no-one reaches 120 points by the end of the 4th Sunday of the campaign then the player with the highest points total will declared the winner!

Players will select an army from the current 2013 EPIC:Armageddon Tournament Pack and 2012 Army List Compendium or a list pre-approved by the Campaign Organiser. Please note army lists in the Tournament Players pack supersede the same list in the Compendium. Players will be required to construct their forces using the same army list for the entire length of the campaign. We shall be using the current EPIC:Armageddon rules as outlined in the Tournament Pack.

Each week of the campaign players will cross swords in games between 2,000 to 5,000 pts (to be agreed to by the players prior to the game).

During the campaign, players will be given a randomly assigned victory goal for each game that will count for double points, i.e. the randomly selected victory goal will count for 2 points instead of 1 for that game. We shall be using the standard tournament scenario.

Please note I will be using the campaign to playtest the Squat War Engine List – It can be found in the following LINK.

So, who shall step forth to wrestle the Naraka Sector from Imperial control and which Imperial Commanders will answer the calls for assistance and protect the realm of Mankind from traitors & xenos scum. If you wish to join in the fun please add you name in this thread and nominate the army you will be using.

Player List:
Frosthammer (Squats - Armorbreaker War Engine List)
Runejack (Ghazgkhull Mag Uruk Thraka's Warhorde Ork Army)
Teddles (Death Guard)
Onyx (Iron Warriors)
Tiges (Salamanders)
Lastakodo (Fir Iolarion Titan Clan)
Daexcitedginganinja (Chaos Titan Legion)
Lord Pants (Scions of Iron)
Tyrus (Minervan Tank Legion)
Matt-Shadowlord (Tau)
Snowman (Minervan Tank Legion)

The Scoreboard:
Onyx 30
Snowman 5
Runejack -5
Teddles -10
Lord Pants -5
Matt-Shadowlord 30
Tyrus -10
Lastakodo 10

Last edited by Frosthammer on Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:54 pm, edited 11 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:42 pm 

Ghazgkhull Mag Uruk Thraka's Warhorde Ork Army

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:55 pm 

Teddles22- death guard

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:18 pm 

Waaargh Runejack and Grandpa Nurgle's Favourites are first through the anomaly - which Imperial Commander will step forth to stop them?!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:14 pm 

Iron Within - Iron Without!

Naraka will burn...

Want to play Iron Warriors in Epic Armageddon? Click HERE

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:23 pm 

ah Onyx - its always about the burning with you isnt it! Some would think you're a pyromaniac :D

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:14 pm 

I remember reading that Batal games can do special orders for Litko. I'm going to be placing one soon for this campaign and thought I'd suggest it here as well!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:27 pm 

cool - not sure if ur aware but Litko can take up to 6+ weeks to get the stuff to you and even longer if u order custom pieces...

when do u need order details as i am thinking of getting some stuff...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:34 pm 

It sounds like a lot of fun!
I doubt I'd be able to make it to more than a couple of games in November, would that be an acceptable level of participation or should I skip this one?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:38 pm 

Quote:
I doubt I'd be able to make it to more than a couple of games in November, would that be an acceptable level of participation or should I skip this one?
even one game would be fine Matt - i am sure ppl would love a chance to beat up whichever army you bring :D

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:44 pm 

Quote:
cool - not sure if ur aware but Litko can take up to 6+ weeks to get the stuff to you and even longer if u order custom pieces...

when do u need order details as i am thinking of getting some stuff...
6+ weeks or not I've got no tokens! Were you after custom stuff? I'm tempted to try and get custom 'broken' tokens, but they already have 'retreat' as an option. There was an earlier post on here where some Warmachine players ordered through Batal and it took 2 weeks! That could very likely be a best case scenario, but I'll stay positive.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:26 am 

Well I cant make the first weekend of november but I think I should be able to squeeze some games in with the space Russkies later in the month. put me down with 3000pts of minervans

(BTW love the pictures :wink: )

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:26 am 

Quote:
Quote:
even one game would be fine Matt - i am sure ppl would love a chance to beat up whichever army you bring :D
Padding out the numbers and handing out the easy wins. Sounds perfect :D

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:22 am 

@ Tyrus - welcome on board :) The pics are from last years campaign and i thought u would recognize one of them.

@ Matt - u never give away easy wins! :D

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:50 pm 

The campaign kicks off next Sunday and hope to see as many of you down at TGA as can make it.

Cam was feverishly working on rejuvenating some boards for next week today so we will have some sweet looking boards to use Steve's great terrain on!

A thread has been set up under the gamefinder section of the forum to help ppl find opponents for the first week of the campaign.

Any questions? Please feel free to contact me :)