It is currently Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:46 pm

All times are UTC+08:00

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:13 pm 

Quote:
@paulfrank: Just as Ophelia's my gal :mrgreen:
You know Nic will see that, right? :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:38 am 

Orange (Rasputina) v eckythump (Mei Fang)

Orange
Distract (fail)
Power Ritual (success!)
Sabotage (Success!)
4VP
2LP (1+1)

Eckythump
Claim Jump (success)
Bodyguard (success)
Hold Out (success
8VP
2LP (1+1)

Now if I'd actually tried to kill Mei Feng (and I almost did without really trying) I could have done much better. But as it was I was more interested in getting my power ritual and sabotage off!

But well played ecky, he easily did everything he was supposed to.

The no cheating mechanic was good fun.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:11 am 

Having Mei Feng get almost brutally murdered in the turn I'd decided not to cheat was not cool. :oops:
I think Power Ritual might be a boon to your opponent, as you have 1 or more models not really in the fight at all.

I quite like the no cheating/discarding/soulstones. I had an easy choice for the first of the turns, nothing higher than a 5. Choice made for me really.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:28 am 

Ended up forfeiting halfway through. Not enjoying the game anymore, pulling out and packing stuff away for a few months. Thanks for running, sorry to screw you around

Touchdowns - 6 For - 3 Against

Casualties - 3 For - 11 Against

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:46 pm 

after vesh forfeting during our game i would like to inquire where that puts me in terms of LP?
do i get the full 5 for acheving the bonus objectives and winning?
or just 3 for winning

Over the centuries, mankind has tried many ways of combating the forces of evil... prayer, fasting, good works and so on. Up until Doom, no one seemed to have thought about the double-barrel shotgun. Eat leaden death, demon... quote terry pratchett

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:25 pm 

Quote:
after vesh forfeting during our game i would like to inquire where that puts me in terms of LP?
or just 3 for winning
For the record... It was turn three or four...

Touchdowns - 6 For - 3 Against

Casualties - 3 For - 11 Against

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:08 pm 

Quote:
or just 3 for winning
Just the 3 LP for the win.

I will be trying to play the games in Vesh' stead for his other opponents using the Misaki crew I posted

Wyrd Henchman

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:23 pm 

aww man he had like 3 models left when we forfeted and it was just the start of round 4
i would have had plenty of time to get two turns of no cheating or discarding in

Over the centuries, mankind has tried many ways of combating the forces of evil... prayer, fasting, good works and so on. Up until Doom, no one seemed to have thought about the double-barrel shotgun. Eat leaden death, demon... quote terry pratchett

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:05 am 

Ok after patently waitingfor Paul to return from Cancon and have some practice games I finally got my round 1
Also we never attempted the round 1 bonus effects as we could not find the thread with the details, and delayed the game an hour while we looked.

Mortis V Brother Paulos
Jacob V Kirai

Mortis
Shared Destroy evedence 3 + neutral
Kidnapp Completed
Reclaim Malifaux 8 of 9 completed
7Vp (3 Lp)

Paul
Shared Destroy Evedence 1
Grudge completed
Breakthrough Completed
2Vp (1Lp)

Had to call the game end of turn 5 due to time but agreed the outcome would not have changed besides me completing reclaim malifaux scheme.
Took a different crew build than I normally would. and it seemed to pay off. while I have a limited knowledge of Kirai my plan was to move fast and do as much as I can before
she has finished converting all the seishin into models more useful. Neverborn speed was more reliable than the master was in this game. Deadmans hand did nothing or Paul gaind more benifit than I did.
Man of the match was Hungering Darkness, to Pauls disbelief was charged by 2 Shikome and reduced to 1 wound only to fully heal and almost kill one of the shikome when Huggy activated.
AND I discoved Huggy has an absolutly rude melee trigger. which if goes off the target model suffered the damage again, especially when I red jokered then moderate the damage. but has the potential to do 24 damage from one hit... Dayum shame it happened to a night terror :P

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:34 am 

Nic and I got in our Round 3 game yesterday. I wound up winning 4-3 courtesy of some round 1 movement shenanigans and some schemes that were, with the benefit of hindsight, not the best choices.

WanderingFool v Draco2075
Shared Destroy the Evidence

WanderingFool
Pig Food
--
Somer not painted
4VP
3LP (3+0)

Draco2075 (Von Schill)
Holdout (declared)
Grudge (Raphael LaCroix, undeclared)
3VP
1LP (0+1)

Start of the game was pretty bad for Nic. She pushed a lot of stuff forward to support Von Schill, who used Nimble to reach the neutral evidence marker, but that just left them exposed to the Gremlin gun line, while I had a couple of ways to slip past Von Schill and destroy the neutral evidence first turn. Rather impressively, the Freikorp Librarian survived Ophelia and Francois but fell to a Bayou Gremlin. Nic and Von Schill's crew showed impressive resilience after that to really take the game to the Grems.

I was aiming for the bonus LP for achieving Somer's personal scheme and took no second scheme so that I would have some extra SS to help, but it never really looked likely. Nic thought the prospect of Grudge against a Bayou Gremlin was too good to be true and wound up picking one of my toughest models in Raphael... who I then sent deep to destroy the evidence in Nic's deployment zone, stopping her from getting both schemes.

WMH: Khador and Circle; Malifaux: Gremlins, Outcasts, Arcanists and Neverborn; X-Wing: Rebels; DWars: Prussians; Blood Bowl: Lots :) Dreadball: Humans; W40K: Space Marines; Epic: Orks and Imperial Guard; Warhammer: Empire