PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:26 am 

Here is where you log all your results.

Basic information that I will NEED

Round #
Who vs Who
Strategy for each player
Schemes for each player
VP for each player
Was either players starting pool fully painted?

I will then need the second player just to verify the result with a quick post like 'correct' or something along those lines.

Thats the essential info. Feel free to post pics of the game, a mini battle report, highlights or whatever else you want as well.

Readying myself for my first game on Sunday vs Vonpickles in what will be an epic matchup of Robots vs Hillbillies 8)

Wyrd Henchman

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:23 pm 

Round 1
WanderingFool
Destroy the Evidence
Thwart
Gather Soulstones
8VP
Not painted

Von Pickles
Reconnoitre
Thwart
---
0VP
Fully painted

Chris (Von Pickles) had the worst luck with the cards. Twice during the game he hit, only to flip Black Joker for damage, and he lost crucial initiative flips for Turns 2 and 3. Companioned group attacks from the LaCroix took out one Warpig top of turn 2 and the second Warpig and Somer top of turn 3 and there was no way back from that. I, on the other hand, had my Black Joker safely in my Control Hand and held or flipped Red Joker in turns 2, 3 and 4.

Chris supplied the terrain and had a fully painted crew, which made for a much more enjoyable game. Thanks also to Cameron at TGA Central for the loan of a rulebook and some rules advice, both Chris and I are pretty new.

WanderingFool
(Rick)

WMH: Khador and Circle; Malifaux: Gremlins, Outcasts, Arcanists and Neverborn; X-Wing: Rebels; DWars: Prussians; Blood Bowl: Lots :) Dreadball: Humans; W40K: Space Marines; Epic: Orks and Imperial Guard; Warhammer: Empire

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:01 pm 

Shenanigans, Deceptions, and Skullduggery!!!

Well Som'er Expecting some trickery got the crew out of bed early and got to the disputed ruins ahead of time! he was intending to catch the La'Croix's off guard and seal a quick victory and be back in time for tea! - well plans never run true, the La'Croix's never turned up and instead we happened across Hoffman and his bunch of constructs, forced into battle we were making grounds until "Da Boss" fell and then we crumbled. so we decided heck it was still early might as well catch a few lagers at the pub! Som'er threw Eyeglass on the roof to keep watch while the rest sunk some bevvy's and by the time we heard the warnings the La'Croix were on us, i think we must of been half cut because the crew often mistook Som'er for the enemy and we really did make a half arsed attempt at it!!! in hindsight we can only lay the blame on the La'Croix for not being punctual, for slipping our position to Hoffman, and then they must of spiked our drinks! its the only possible excuse we can deduce from an appalling day! just you wait Ophelia, this dosnt end here!!!

Yes i had appalling luck in my 4 painful turn game
i concur with the above result for my round 1(2) game, and i will concur the the result of our encounter 2(1) with Hoffman once OSOI posts, lolz maybe Hoffman would be so kind as to provide proof of Ophilia's mis-deeds

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:29 pm 

I forgot to add, Most importantly THANK YOU to both my opponents for 2 very enjoyable and amusing games the first game neck and neck till Som'er fell, and the almost comical showing of my Gremlins in game 2 lolz... awesome day, Cheers

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:10 am 

Round 2 Game

osoi vs Vonpickles

Hoffman
Mobile Toolkit
Watcher
Guardian
Ryle

S'omer
Mosquito
3 Gremlins
2 Warpigs

osoi - Claim Jump (schemes Bodyguard, Stake a Claim both announced)
Vonpickles - Destroy the Evidence (scheme Thwart not announced)

osoi 8VP
Vonpickles 4VP

Setup
The piglets were Vonpickles evidence markers (theres a thrid one out of view in central tall building)
My claim marker and piece of terrain for stake a claim was the central top building)
This is pretty much deployment with my Watcher on the other side of the saloon (top left building)

End of Turn 2

Although the Hoffball hadnt moved much it had removed one Warpig and was clogging the approach to the other 2 evidence markers. At the end of turn 3 this was very different as Ryle, Hoffman and the Toolkit decided to make a move on the claim marker as gremlins were starting to amass around there and abandoned stopping the Warpig from snuffling up the last two pieces of evidence. S'omer left himself exposed and suffered several shots to the head from both his own crew and Ryle.

At the end of turn 4 the game was called as Vonpickles just had his warpig left that was sitting on one side of the board while al Hoffmans crew was intact sitting on their claim marker and terrain piece on the other side of the board.

An enjoyable game that went to the wire until turn 4 where the Hoffball started to murder everything.

Unfortunately forgot to take more photos but it all looked very nice with lots of terrin and two fully painted crews

Wyrd Henchman

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:28 pm 

Round 1 - BrotherPaulos (Paul) vs Mortis (John)
Seamus vs Zoriada

Strategies
Paul - Reconnoiter
John - Slaughter

Schemes
Paul - Bodyguard (announced) , Grudge (not announced)
John - Seeds of Betrayal (announced), Kill Protégée (not announced)

Deployment - Standard

Crews
Paul - Seamus, 3 x rotten belles, 2 x crooked men
John - Zoriada, 3 slurids, 2 stitched

Results
Paul - 2VPs for bodyguard
John - 4VPs for Slaughter, 1 VP for Kill Protégée

Learnings about my crew
- crooked men paralyse trigger is surprisingly easy to get off
- rotten belles can't charge - forgot that when John obeyed Miss Lemon
- Seamus treble walking and belles of the ball is awesome in a reconnoiter strategy

Learnings about Zoraida (tempered so as not to give away all Johns tricks)
- Slurids instinctual gives them some good edges
- Conduit is a royal pain to deal with!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:21 am 

Round 1 - Orange vs monty1979
Lilith v Sonnia

Strategies
Orange and monty - destroy the evidence (we each did this, I didn't realise we probably should have done the shared version)
Schemes
Orange - breakthrough (announced), stake a claim (hidden)
monty - breakthrough (announced), grudge (announced)
Deployment - corners
Crews
Orange - Lilith, Mature Nephilim, 3 x Terror Tots, Malifaux Cherub (+4 SS) - not painted
monty - Sonnia, Sammael, Executioner, 2 x Witchling Stalker - fully painted

Results - Orange 5, monty 4
Orange - 2 VPs for destroying 2 evidence tokens, 2 VPs for achieving anncounced breakthrough, 1 VP for achieving hidden stake a claim
monty - 2 VPs for achieving announced breakthrough, 2 VPs for achieving announced grudge

This was a very tight game! I was winning the battle but losing the war after taking out Sammael and Sonnia early on, but monty's executioner was both destroying and tying up my models while his stalkers inevitably went toward the evidence counters. He achieved grudge when the executioner pretty much one-shotted my mature nephilim with a red joker! An intervention by speedy Lilith effectively stopped the stalkers destroying enough tokens, before transposing back to try and take out the executioner.

I thought I'd done that, but after Lilith killed the executioner, he slow-to-die killed a terror tot and came back to full health! I could have screamed.
At the start of turn 6 I had no victory points--I'd destroyed 1 evidence token, but that was it. So after losing the initiative the executioner failed the scratch Lilith but then...

She broke from combat with a Red Joker, moved a second time into base contact with my stake a claim terrain piece and a second evidence token, and with her third action destroyed the evidence token--all whilst being in monty's deployment zone. So in one fell swoop, Lilith won me the game--just.

Lessons learned--
1) If you're going to try to kill the executioner (though monty says ignoring it is best, and I see his point), make sure there's nothing nearby he can kill with his slow-to-die action.
2) Hold onto high masks! The amount of times I failed to cast 'grow' because I needed a 10 or more of masks was frustrating. I was sitting on 2 blood tokens I never used.
3) Don't outrun your cherub--in the turns it would have been most useful, it was too far behind to do anything.
4) Sonnia is still my bunny. I've lost far, far more games of Malifaux than I've won. but aside from beating the Judge once, every other win has been against Sonnia :)

Thanks for the game monty.
Let me know when you are free Bokke and WanderingFool

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:53 pm 

Thanks Orange for the game and the write up. I've never faced lilith before - I knew she was a beatstick but wasn't ready for her mobility and transitioning games.

Monty

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:13 pm 

round 3 game vs Circusbear what time/place etc etc do you want to meet?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:51 am 

Round 1
WanderingFool
Treasure Hunt
Bodyguard (declared)
Framed for Murder (declared)
6VP
Not painted

#%$!$#%!
Claim Jump
Stake a Claim (declared)
Holdout (declared)
0VP
Fully painted

#%$!$#%! and I played last night. Because the game was at my place, it featured a lot of improvised terrain (small hillocks from my 4-year old son's playset and and a strange and macabre monument as centrepiece - my old astrogranite Blood Bowl pitch with Grim Reapers and Chaos Warriors as "statues").

I flipped Slaughter and used a Soulstone to re-flip as I wasn't at all sure of my ability to make damage stick to Hoffman's crew, for strategies I had a bet each way putting Bodyguard and Framed for Murder on the same crew member. Jason sensibly combined Claim Jump and Stake a Claim and put the claim most of the way to my deployment to draw attention away from his Holdout objective (at least, I think that's why he did it).

I got lucky and flipped a Red Joker early for damage on his (rather fragile) Hunter. (Jason was left checking his deck after the game, as he didn't get his Red Joker once in 6 full turns). After that it turned into a shootout between Hoffman and Ryle (both using Ryle's gatling gun) and, well, pretty much my entire crew.

With high Armour and the ability to distribute wounds between his crew the Hoffball was as tough to crack as I expected but I've been presently surprised with the damage output of my Ophelia crew and after I finally managed to drop the Guardian, Hoffman and Ryle both succumbed to accumulated wounds, and a hail of bullets, in turn 6.

Jason was really fun to play against and a great sport. Also, his fully painted crew looked fantastic and I'm now feeling suitably embarrassed about my bare metal Gremlins. I've got a few days leave in the middle of October and while I'm not particularly hopeful of painting and basing my 10 Gremlin starting pool, I want to at least make a good start.

WMH: Khador and Circle; Malifaux: Gremlins, Outcasts, Arcanists and Neverborn; X-Wing: Rebels; DWars: Prussians; Blood Bowl: Lots :) Dreadball: Humans; W40K: Space Marines; Epic: Orks and Imperial Guard; Warhammer: Empire

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:28 am 

Sounds like it was a fun game

Wyrd Henchman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:57 am 

I certainly enjoyed the game, and I hope Jason did as well. He wasn't having much luck with attacks (my Gremlins were hugging the statues for cover all game and the Young LaCroix are Tiny), which tipped the attrition battle in my favour.

I should say that the game was a lot closer than the VPs might suggest. Had the game been a turn shorter or Hoffman and Ryle held on a little longer, Jason could easily have got 6VPs for Claim Jump and Stake a Claim to force a draw.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:39 pm 

I have to say as a matter of preference I like having a Peacekeeper around more than Ryle now having used both. I feel a lot more secure with the big guy. Mind you now I have a pair of Wardens that I just received so will be running them a bit as well.

Wyrd Henchman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:41 pm 

Thanks for the game Rick, it was really fun, despite not being able hit those pesky Gremlins.
Quote:
Mind you now I have a pair of Wardens
I've been waiting ages for these guys.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:00 am 

Well I finally got my round 1 game done, once again Jason sorry its taken so long for me to be available to play, from my point of view it was a game worth the wait, any time you are at North with your malifaux stuff again let me know :)

Round 1
CircusBear
Treasure Hunt
Sabotage (announced)
Grudge (announced)
4 VPs
not fully painted

#%$!$#%!
Slaughter
Breakthrough (announced)
Bodyguard (announced)
2VPs
fully painted (and very nicely too :D )

I had set up the table with a generous scattering of trees, a rock in one corner and about 5-6 buildings all from the terrain box at TGA, JAson seemed happy with the terrain, we flipped diagonal deployment. The watcher stopped Cassandra getting her sneaky out of my deployment zone move before we started :(

I knew if I had any chance of stopping Jason getting breakthrough I had to set up to dismantle the hoff ball (and if I got lucky it may get me the chance to stop Jasons bodyguard). Cassandra went running down one side of the table to threaten one side of the hoff ball with a dove following for company Ryle proceeded to bully the nice little construct and shoot it from the sky. The performer went round the other side of the table hoping everyone else would be distracted and she would be able to sabotage the building without too much interference (people always forget where the performers are going :lol: ).

Jason hadn't played Collete before, so I think got a little shock with the movement bouncing around and general shennanigans that Collete and her girls can get up too. This became evident when after seeing the big mean ugly Ryle shoot down a pretty dove collete decided he needed to be shown how to be nice and pretty so swapping places with cassandra on the flank Collete cast 'disappearing act' on Ryle boosting the spell to trigger maniquin replacement to much amusment on my part that Ryle was a cross dressing doll :lol: (...sorry Jason, you can blame Liam for my hatred of Ryle).

Jason then decided as I'd stopped his fun and slowed down the hoff ball he'd stop my fun and run away with the treasure. the hunter got hold of the treasure, and after much sword dancing poncing about Cassandra with only 1 wound left managed to take down the Hunter (giving me grudge). Hoffman got a little angry at this point and decided the girls were being mean, he blew up 3 scrap counters killing Angelica and Cassandra, and then went and sat on the treasure counter.