It is currently Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:21 pm

All times are UTC+08:00

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:33 pm 

Thanks for the game Dan. Yeah, Collete was a surprise with all the movement shenanigans. Losing Ryle so quickly was a big blow to me, but the mini hoffball held on longer than I expected. Plus, I was surprised at how nuts Hoffman was by himself.

Great game and thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:25 pm 

Ho ware people going with getting their games in? Do I extend it for another week?

Wyrd Henchman

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:28 pm 

Round 3 game confirmed for Friday - thanks Liam. I'm trying to reorganise my round 2 game vs Monty, tentatively booked for Tuesday 23rd.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:41 am 

Okay an extension will be granted until 26 october 2012

Wyrd Henchman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:47 am 

Well Friday night saw two league games down at KRAGS with myself playing brotherpaulos and mortis vs circusbear

Hoffman v Seamus

Hoffman - Slaughter (4VP), Assasinate (2VP)
Seamus - Destroy the Evidence (2VP), Kill Protoge (0VP), Frame for Murder (0VP)

Both crews fully painted

It was a tense affair that was tightly contested until Ryle was finally able to off Seamus, Paul had the unfortunate task of having to get through the Hoffman brick to get to his last evidence marker and having to work through a bottle neck in terrain as well.

Thanks for the game Paul

A couple of photos showing pivotal moments of the game

Wyrd Henchman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:03 am 

Thanks for the game Liam, it was certainly a learning experience. The Hoff brick just stopped me in my tracks, Ryle activating 2-3 times a turn going fully automatic felled a belle, sybelle and Seamus.

I made some silly mistakes not least of which was casting face of death far to late in the game to go Avatar, but you live and learn.

Very enjoyable game, thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:15 pm 

So results of my game with Mortis;
Zoraida 4VP
-Reconnioter (or however thats spelt!) (2VP)
- Hold out (1VP)
- Steal Relic (1VP)

Collete 2VP
- Treasure Hunt (0VP)
- Extermination (0VP)
- Hold out (2VP)

Neither crew fully painted.

It was a really close game and I thoroughly enjoyed it (thanks Mortis). The game went down to the wire, with Zoraida managing a last turn obey on cassandra forcing her to drop the treasure in my deployment zone, the Z turned herself into a raven and flew over grabbing the treasure and using her after the game ends movement to walk the treasure out of my deployment, so in 1 turn denying me the victory and then the draw!

A brave dove tried to bring the game in for me my exploding itself next to the last silurid which would have left it on 1 wound in the final closing phase, with no other silurids or water near by this would have bagged me the 2 points for extermination (and drawn the game), unfortunately for me Mortis managed to flip well for his defense duel and the silurid was unharmed.

Thanks for the game mortis, I saw soem things with your crew and play that I'd not seen before, I hope I managed to do a few things with the collete crew you'd not seen, hopefully we can get a rematch some time (I've thought of a few new tricks :) )

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:49 am 

Thanks Dan for that very close and awesome game.
I was the second game I've played with Zoriada, So I still making the odd mistake here and there so thanks for being patient with me in that regard.
It was refreshing to face Collette used differently to what I am used to. (often Corphree and movement shenanigans avoiding combat). Yeah I watched some moves
and will take the ideas to my Collette crew.

It was a dam close game and the first few turns were a brutal brawl in the center of the field as I piled on the pressure on Collette
Turning my Slurid into a mannequin and a showgirl paralyzing and stacking poison 4 on another forced me to flee with the third, as well as getting an obeyed Cassandra to charge
Collette to finally drop the treasure. Zoriaida is still a learning curve for me and each game she shows me something new i can do with her.

Again thanks for the game and love to have more in the future

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:12 pm 

Round 3
WanderingFool
Ophelia crew
Destroy the Evidence
Kill Protege (announced)
Hold Out (not announced)
7VP
Not painted

Orange
Lilith crew
Claim Jump
Assassinate
Bodyguard
0VP
Not painted

Neither crew was painted but Peter's terrain really helped set the scene. It looked an awful lot like Easter Island :) I think Peter found himself wishing he'd put out more cover for his crew, though.

With two aggressive crews it was always likely that the territorial objectives would be decided by who was left standing. Peter committed his Mature Nephilim early but was caught a bit by surprise by Ophelia's damage output (helped along by a lucky Red Joker damage flip, which was then doubled using Calculated Luck). After that the attrition game was in my favour.

I think Ophelia must be one lucky gal, though. Not only did she pull the Joker to drop the Mature Nephilim, Peter couldn't pull a 9 or higher of Masks to cast Grow on his Terror Tots. And he tried...a lot.

I really enjoyed the game and I hope Peter did, too, though Fate was against him.

I'm pleased to say that puts me at 3 wins from 3 games with a VP count of 21-0. Now if only I would pull my finger out and paint.

WMH: Khador and Circle; Malifaux: Gremlins, Outcasts, Arcanists and Neverborn; X-Wing: Rebels; DWars: Prussians; Blood Bowl: Lots :) Dreadball: Humans; W40K: Space Marines; Epic: Orks and Imperial Guard; Warhammer: Empire

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:23 am 

Wednesday night saw Bokke66 and I play Hoffman vs Kaeris

Shared Distract

osoi schemes - Grudge (female gunsmith), breakthrough
bokke66 schemes - Hold out, breakthrough

I used the Hunter for the first time and while a little flimsy when under the protection of Protect it lasted until the end of the game and help net me 4VP by being Hoffmans ride into Bokke66's depolyment zone and was machine puppeted to kill the gunsmith.

End result
osoi 4VP
Bokkee66 2VP

Only my crew was painted.

So that puts me at three wins plus all painted for the league but only 18VP scored in total

Wyrd Henchman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:30 am 

Congrats OSOI.

One question, though. Rules say core strategies only. Distract isn't a core strategy is it? :P

WMH: Khador and Circle; Malifaux: Gremlins, Outcasts, Arcanists and Neverborn; X-Wing: Rebels; DWars: Prussians; Blood Bowl: Lots :) Dreadball: Humans; W40K: Space Marines; Epic: Orks and Imperial Guard; Warhammer: Empire

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:24 am 

Hrmmm....

I blame Bokke66 :lol: he had the rule smanual out for strategies when flipping, I should have known it wasnt but I guess it was a brain fart moment so it would have actually been shared destroy the evidence.

Neither of us acheived any VP for the strategy though as we countered each other quite well, I just managed to pick up more schemes.

Wyrd Henchman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:09 am 

Lol, I'm a bit of a noob :P I even forgot my Kaeris card!!!