It is currently Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:32 am

All times are UTC+08:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 359 posts ]  Go to page Previous 119 20 21 22 23 24 Next
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:12 pm 

I'd like to see it in play. I think it would give my guys a real run for their money.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:32 am 

Quote:
I have been thinking about completely changing my list for the next game of 700 points, I think I still need a win at this level before we go to 1000 points.

Warband 1 - Orthanc's Fury
Uruk Shaman, 6x Berserkers

Warband 2 - White Hand Ravagers
Uruk Captain H/Armour/Shield, 6x Uruk Warrior Shield, 1 Uruk Warrior Banner, 3x Orc Warrior Spear

Warband 3 - Isengard Raiders
Uruk Captain H/Armour/Shield, 6x Uruk Warrior Shield, 3x Orc Warrior Spear

Warband 4 - Wolves of Isengard
Sharku Warg, 6x Warg Riders Spear/Shield, 1x Warg Rider Banner

Warband 5 - Eye of Sauron
Orc Shaman Warg

This will allow me to benefit from a Banner and Fury for both the Infantry and Cavalry. Thoughts?

Edit: oops, 7 points over so I dropped an Uruk-hai
Question - which is your centrepiece model over 100pts in value? I see no Saruman or Troll in this list.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:35 am 

Quote:
Question - which is your centrepiece model over 100pts in value? I see no Saruman or Troll in this list.
Well as I already have a fully painted 700 points list with both the Troll and Saruman, I was thinking that I could use that list to fit the Month 3 requirements. The second list is more for the beginings of a different list for Month 4 at 1000 points.

If I need to win a 700 point game using a valid list, I iwll re-jig the list and try my luck on the 17th.

Captain Ignatius, Doombringers 3rd Company

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:30 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Well as I already have a fully painted 700 points list with both the Troll and Saruman, I was thinking that I could use that list to fit the Month 3 requirements. The second list is more for the beginings of a different list for Month 4 at 1000 points.

If I need to win a 700 point game using a valid list, I iwll re-jig the list and try my luck on the 17th.
I don't want to spoil your fun, BBM. Go for it - the Month 3 target does say 700pt army includes your centerpiece but, well, you have already done that.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:24 pm 

Ok, Tuesday 17th July at Outpost South. A few of you said that you're in - can you please let me know if you're still planning to come along so I know whether I'm organising 2 v 2 or something different.

So far I have Centurions, Runejack and Battle Brother Maracthor saying 'yes' to 17th July. Anybody else?

I'm madly painting up some more Osgiliath Ruins so I'll have 3 of them to put on the tables. I'm also trying to paint up my centrepiece but am clearly behind where I should be for a 700 point army. I may just fail to meet the goal.

Then I think we should step up to 1000 points. Most of you have probably already gotten that far (again.... sob sob, I'm behind.... but the good news is that my dwarves from Games Workshop UK have arrived - so I've got Murin, Drar, all the Dwarf Kings, the King's Champion etc. Hurrah! But they're not painted yet.... boo hiss....

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:07 am 

Me too

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:58 pm 

Quote:
Ok, Tuesday 17th July at Outpost South. A few of you said that you're in - can you please let me know if you're still planning to come along so I know whether I'm organising 2 v 2 or something different.

So far I have Centurions, Runejack and Battle Brother Maracthor saying 'yes' to 17th July. Anybody else?

I'm madly painting up some more Osgiliath Ruins so I'll have 3 of them to put on the tables. I'm also trying to paint up my centrepiece but am clearly behind where I should be for a 700 point army. I may just fail to meet the goal.

Then I think we should step up to 1000 points. Most of you have probably already gotten that far (again.... sob sob, I'm behind.... but the good news is that my dwarves from Games Workshop UK have arrived - so I've got Murin, Drar, all the Dwarf Kings, the King's Champion etc. Hurrah! But they're not painted yet.... boo hiss....
My wife has has just found out she has to fly to Melbourne for work Tuesday so I can't play. I'll still stop by for a quick peak with my son and to pick up a couple models I'd already arranged. I wish I could be there for the last month of elf slaughter! :cry:

Joel

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:35 pm 

Ok, so Centurions, Haddockswhiskey and Battle Brother Maracthor are keen to play on Tuesday 17th.

The bad news is that I have a job interview first thing on the morning of Wednesday 18th so I can't join in. So I might be like Runejack - able to come to watch for a bit but not in a position to join in. So we now have an odd number of players. Do you want me to dream up a 3 player scenario, or enlist the help of a 4th player from outside the league, or reschedule to Sunday 22nd July at TGA Central?

Cheers,

Bruce

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:03 pm 

I can sit out. Have a BB game next week so to keep on my wife's good side i'll go out once next week. Maybe the following week we can have a few 700pt games before moving on to the 1000pt in August.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:58 pm 

I have my list ready with my centre piece ready to go! BBM, are you still up for a game?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:09 pm 

So it sounds like Haddockswhiskey (Harad) wants to do battle with Battle Brother Maracthor (Isengard) on Tuesday 17th July. Happy for you to roll up a scenario and just go for it. I'll be there tomorrow night so if you want me to plan out a scenario for you I'm happy to do that - just a pre-warning - Tuesday 17th July is the Outpost AGM so there will be some admin stuff happening there first which might interfere with your game. I forgot this was happening.

Cheers,

Bruce

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:11 pm 

I could probably bring along the Rohan boys if you need another player?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:13 pm 

Quote:
I could probably bring along the Rohan boys if you need another player?
Centurions? Do you still want to play tomorrow night. I can't play (I have a job interview Wednesday morning).

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:16 pm 

No can do sorry. organised a BB game for tonight so unable to make it tomorrow night now. Sorry.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:30 am 

Sounds like Harad vs. rohan?

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 359 posts ]  Go to page Previous 119 20 21 22 23 24 Next