[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
Old cards and creature types. - WestGamer
It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:57 am

All times are UTC+08:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ]  [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:38 pm 

I have two "Visions" Necrosavants that I plan to add to my zombie deck. The card itself (and it's 6th ed counterpart) both say "Summon - Necrosavant". However, on "The Gatherer" (for those who don't know, it's WOTCs official card database) it has creature types listed as "Zombie, Giant". Does this mean that cards that effect zombies (or giants) will effect the Necrosavant? How would you feel if I used them and told you that they count as zombies, without any proof? Unless of course there is nearby internet access or I print off the page from WOTCs website...

If this is the case, I see some older cards becomming a lot more useful than they used to be!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:41 pm 

Yes. Oracle card text (ie text found on Gatherer) is always the final word on creature types so Necrosavants are Zombie Giants.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:43 pm 

Id assume that the magic community would be pretty good about accepting that cards dont exactly do what they say. Theres a lot of errata out there and you cant exactly carry it around with you.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:47 pm 

Woohoo, might have to go through some of my other old cards :twisted:

Thanks for the quick response guys!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:01 pm 

... it's me in a sig. lol.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:33 pm 

lol :) You necron lord you!

*edit - Dark Elder Lord?!

Man it's been a while since I even looked at models :(

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ]  [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable