[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
Chronicles of a Compulsive Boardgamer - Page 2 - WestGamer
It is currently Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:38 am

All times are UTC+08:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 10:27 pm 

Yeah, so many games to check out, I thought that instead of having them all over my favourites I'd throw them up here. It's interesting to see what others have hiding around the place as well. I'm actually at the stage where I'm thinking of selling of my Decent set since I know three other people who have it!

I'm really chasing some draft mechanic games though. It's the one thing from Magic that I really loved. Will have to check out 7 Wonders at some stage :)

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 10:59 pm 

Quote:
I'm actually at the stage where I'm thinking of selling of my Decent set since I know three other people who have it!
Funny, I was thinking of actually buying it.

I like the set up you've got here Scott. We should have a Mansions and Betrayal double header one night (or we play Betrayal while Brett sets up Mansions :lol: ).

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 7:05 am 

I really would like to sit in on a large session of Arkham horror - or similar large FFG game.

They have always had me intrigued but then there are 5 boxes all the size of the core game.....then I can't work out which is the core game.... I'm special like that :/

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 7:11 am 

I'd be more than happy to help you out there Simmo. Nic and I have Arkham Horror with the Innsmouth, Dunwich and King in Yellow expansions. The games actually pretty easy to follow once you've got the hang of it but the rulebooks are impossible to use :roll: :D

WMH: Khador and Circle; Malifaux: Gremlins, Outcasts, Arcanists and Neverborn; X-Wing: Rebels; DWars: Prussians; Blood Bowl: Lots :) Dreadball: Humans; W40K: Space Marines; Epic: Orks and Imperial Guard; Warhammer: Empire

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 7:35 am 

Quote:
I'd be more than happy to help you out there Simmo. Nic and I have Arkham Horror with the Innsmouth, Dunwich and King in Yellow expansions. The games actually pretty easy to follow once you've got the hang of it but the rulebooks are impossible to use :roll: :D
It doesn't take much arm twisting for us to have boardgames at our house. You are always welcome Simmo.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 9:36 am 

Quote:
I'd be more than happy to help you out there Simmo. Nic and I have Arkham Horror with the Innsmouth
Innsmouth makes me cry every time I play it. I'm usually like 'yeah I'm doing well!' then in one turn a whole bunch of monsters go into the portals in innsmouth and it's game over.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 10:51 am 

well I will have restored much of my currently lost gaming freedom from June, when our house move will be over

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 1:26 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
I'd be more than happy to help you out there Simmo. Nic and I have Arkham Horror with the Innsmouth
Innsmouth makes me cry every time I play it. I'm usually like 'yeah I'm doing well!' then in one turn a whole bunch of monsters go into the portals in innsmouth and it's game over.
So know that feeling. :cry: But I think thats part of the appeal.

Simmo anytime. I did hear about the move I hope it goes/is going well. I hate moving.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 6:44 pm 

My 2 cents....

Betrayal at the House on the Hill. Excellent game. I own it, have played many times. Highly recommended.
Shadows Over Camelot. It rocks. I don't own it but have played many times and it is very cool. If I can find a cheap way to buy, I'll buy it.
Battlestar Galactica. Very cool. Great game. I own it.
Horus Heresy. Still learning this one but is fun. Two player only. I own a copy.
Zombicide. Simple rules but highly entertaining. I own a copy. Great fun.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 4:47 pm 

Not sure if you're looking for feedback on your checkout list but here is some..

Battlestar Galactica - my fav game. If I had to take one game on a desert island with a bunch of gamers, this would be it. Co-op with a traitor mechanic. Similar play to Shadows over Camelot, which is why some people won't buy both.

Betrayal at House on the Hill - I didnt really like this one. Not a lot of replayability for me, I thought it was repetitive.

Cutthroat Caverns - didnt like the game until we added the expansions. Again repetitive and the theme didnt really suit the game - until the expansions were added :)

Mansions of Madness - despite the long set up time I love this game. Lots of replayability.

Merchants and Marauders - limited replayability, we've played it a few times but not often.

Pandemic: In the Lab - great addition to Pandemic.

Red November - fun, light hearted game.

Space Hulk: Death Angel - didn't like this much either after the first play.

my 2c

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 5:48 pm 

Always happy to have people chip in, or even suggest titles as well :) Taking a break this week from our normal schedule of gaming ... Evil Dead is calling to us!

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 7:21 pm 

Yay evil dead! Also Kemet arrived! Will upload pics tomorrow

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 8:04 pm 

Is that an Evil Dead boardgame!!???

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 8:31 pm 

Quote:
Is that an Evil Dead boardgame!!???
I think Scott's referring to the new movie coming out today so he may be seeing it instead of gaming tonight

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 11:54 pm 

Yep - Movie! Just got back from it, it was ALOT of fun haha... Shame they didn't release it to all cinemas.

If you're after Evil Dead style game pick up Last Night on Earth - Timber Peaks. I'm sure there's a custom Evil Dead scenario around. In fact, I may just create one if there isn't one already!

Also, yay Kemet! Looks pretty awesome.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next