[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
Fortnightly Board Gaming Group Discussion Thread - WestGamer
It is currently Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:04 pm

All times are UTC+08:00

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:38 am 

Hey Guys,

Im wanting to start up a group of around 3-5 people that meet on a regular weeknight on a fortnightly basis to play board games. Players must be over 18 and be able to access a location somewhat centrally i.e. under 30 mins from the city (we will work out where we are going to play once I know who is interested).

At this present time, I have:

Arkham Horror (with innsmouth and king in yellow expansions)
Mansions of Madness
Elder Sign
Red November
The Legend of Drizzt
Lord of the Rings LCG
Fluxx

And will be looking to get games such as:
Quarriors
Twilight Imperium or Eclipse
Gears of War
Ticket to Ride
Dominion
Super Dungeon Explore
sometime in the near future.

I am more than happy to play any board games that others in the group have as well. :) Reply if interested and hopefully a few people are interested so we can try and suss out location and times.

Last edited by Bokke66 on Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:03 am 
Site Admin

I may be interested - pending time & location.

I have a stack of games to add to the list:

- Civilisation (the board game)
- Dominion (most sets)
- Bang!
- Chaos in the Old World
- Cutthroat Caverns
- Small World
- Settlers of Catan (most expansions)
- Alhambra
- Runewars

To name just a few.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:04 am 

Cool, once we have a few more interested we can negotiate a time and place that suits all. That list of games is great, I've always wanted to play Small World and Civilization.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:45 am 

Again time and place :)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:53 am 

Well theres a few options...
We could do it at a gaming club, with a regular group of board gamers each fortnight and people at the club can jump in if there is space. I would be happy to do NWS or Outpost South.
Alternatively, we could do it at someones house. If someone wants to volunteer to use their place each session, that would be huge, but I think the best option might be to rotate between houses each session (my gf would kill me if it was at my house each fortnight). From there, all we would need to do is coordinate a day and time outside of normal work hours.
Any other ideas are appreciated.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:23 pm 

I've been thinking of something like this for awhile as I enjoy playing board games (although I only own a few.) A friend of mine from out east pointed me towards this.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/guild/308

While it is twice a month, one is North (Mt Lawley) and the other is South (Thornlie - not very far for me from Success.) I'm not trying to de-rail your thread, and am in fact interested (pending time and location not to be a broken record.) This might be a good way to organise the games and if you're short people on a particular day, there will be more like minded folks there eager to play! I haven't yet attended due to family life and the usual speed bumps getting in the way, but if I find the time soon I will update this thread.

Joel

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:23 pm 

The WABA groups are Mount Claremont (Not Lawley) and Thornlie, both sadly South of the river. I got all excited about the possability of a North Venue!

I've been meaning to get into playing Board Games again. Was planning on organising a couple of friends North of the River to play again, or even rotating at people's places. I'll be keen - but again it looks like it depends on time and place :)

Games
Arkham Horror - Still in Box...
Pandemic and Expansion - Must... Stop... Virus from destroying world. I feel likeplaying this now so I can get rid of this man flu junk :(
Thunderstone and all Expansions (Epic Thunderstone!) Like Dominion (Card Game) but theme of Dungeon Bashing!
Last Night on Earth - Zombies!
Invasion from Outerspace - "Mars Attacks" The Board Game?! Plus Carnies :)
Touch of Evil - Gothic Horror
Fortune and Glory - Indiana Jones the Board Game

I have a list of about 15 more to get ... but can't justify it until I get back into regular gaming.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:40 pm 

Well perhaps this will make it easier to figure out a shared location and time:
Fill in the blanks and PM it to me if interested.

Name:
Location (suburb):
I am happy to host a games night at my house: yes/no (if yes, how often)
The furthest distance I will travel to attend is:
I would be happy to have a fotrtnightly games night at a gaming club: yes/no (if yes, please list what clubs you would be available to attend)
My availability on week nights is: (please list what days you would be able to play in a games night on a fortnightly basis)

Apologies if it's too formal, I'm just trying to coordinate this appropriately.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:46 pm 

I would come along once a month. Central location would be good.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:01 pm 

I would be interested but has to be a specific fortnight as I am FIFO and only in perth 6 days every fortnight!

I have Grind and Space Hulk board games and would be willing to ocassionally host. I am in Harrisdale

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:10 am 

I would be interested, but as a shift worker I won't necessarily be able to make every fortnight. I'm also willing to host, and have enough space and parking to do so, but again would not be every fortnight and the night I am available would change due to my work situation.
I'm fairly central and close to a train station.

Also be mindful that some clubs do not encourage general board games - I think outpost north/south has a requirement for games to be 'miniature based' to be played at their nights which might be limiting.

If I was to host I would encourage an 18+ audience only, simply to avoid issues with parents etc.

Cheers

Monty

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:38 am 

+1 interest will post later tonight the games I have.
I'm south (Rocko) but willing to travel and host depending on start/finnish times

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:55 am 

At this time, I'm thinking doing it at NWS every fortnight may be the easiest option. Again, if you are interested, please fill in these questions and PM it to me, so I can suss out the option of having it at people's houses.

Name:
Location (suburb):
I am happy to host a games night at my house: yes/no (if yes, how often)
The furthest distance I will travel to attend is:
I would be happy to have a fotrtnightly games night at a gaming club: yes/no (if yes, please list what clubs you would be available to attend)
My availability on week nights is: (please list what days you would be able to play in a games night on a fortnightly basis)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:37 pm 

I"ve already sent you a PM, I'd be keen for NWS, probably only be able to comit to once a month now. As it stands I'll probably be bowing out of the Brawl league at the end of this season as I'm struggling with time issues.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:40 pm 

No worries.
How many people would be keen for a fortnightly gaming night at NWS from 7pm?