[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
Dungeons and Dragons Board Games - WestGamer
It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:56 am

All times are UTC+08:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ]  [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:05 pm 

Hi Guys,

I just ordered the D&D board game Legend of Drizzt and was just wondering what people think of the D&D board games that have been released thus far? Apparently they are all very similar in mechanics so I'd like to hear about the pros and cons, as well as general experiences while I wait for my new game to arrive :D

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:30 pm 

I have Ravenloft and it's good in a Warhammer Quest lite kind of way. Pros are; fast to play and easy to learn. Cons are; can become repetitive after numerous plays and the levelling is somewhat limited (and that's what DnD is all about).

The best way to play is not take it too seriously.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:08 am 

Cool thanks for your response. I'm actually glad it's easy to learn as I may be able to play it with non-gamers.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:32 am 

So I got the game last night and you're right, it is quick and easy to learn, but is also loads of fun, especially with all the different options you have to customize your attacks and use stances and what not. The rogue seemed a little bit under powered but you've just got to be really careful with him. The adventures and new tiles are really interesting, especially the team adventures where you play off against eachother.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:58 pm 

If you ever want a game at TGA let me know, because I'd love to see the Drizzt changes.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:13 pm 

So I'm gathering from the general just that this is a good game for beginners, can anyone please explain how the missions/campaign works? And what happens when you Finnish and what does people recommend as the game to begin with

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:24 pm 

@Random symbols :P Am definitely up for bringing it to TGA at some point, probably in the new year.
@Vonpickles - I've played quite a few board games thus far (but am by no means experienced) and I have found it to be rather challenging. Sure it is beginner friendly, but there is still a lot of strategy in the game, especially as you have the option of using an advanced deck which creates an even more difficult experience. Basically with the missions, there are quite a few and they are really varied. I've only run through the first two so far. The first one is solo and you basically explore and try to escape a cavern. The second mission I played with a family member who doesn't play boardgames, and whilst I directed most of the game, he seemed to understand it well. This mission saw as explore a cavern until we reached a throne room and collected a crown. A boss then appeared and we had to work together to defeat him. Basically most of the missions involve you exploring caverns by placing a new tile and monster every time you reach an unexplored edge. Most missions you work together but there are a couple of missions where you work in teams of 2 I think to race to complete an objective, and one adventure where everyone is stuck in a tight spot with a horde of monsters coming towards you and whoever kills the most wins. The game feels epic and although easy to play, is lots of fun and is a great cooperative strategy game. I think that you can really pick up any of the games to roll with, whatever you like thematically as they all work off the same mechanics, just some tweaks here and there. I think you can also interchange the heroes in Ashardalon and Ravenholt, but I think the Drizzt characters are a little too powerful to interchange.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ]  [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable