[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
Looking for a game to join - WestGamer
It is currently Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:12 pm

All times are UTC+08:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ]  [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:55 pm 

Hey everyone, I've got the itch to play an rpg and after trying and failing to get a game up and running on my own I've come here looking for help. I want to join a game but have no idea where to start I just checked gamers guild after reading a few posts on here but their listed games are from 2009, and I don't see a forum over there.

I'm willing to play pretty much anything, but I haven't played anything in quite a while.

I've played a lot of OWOD, Star Wars d6, some DnD 3 ed. but I've got a bunch of books I have never really used and a few 4ed books I've yet to crack open...... Honestly I would play anything.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:24 pm 

hey if your not adverse to one played without being there check out vonpickles traveller game on obsidian portal
there is a subject here on westgamer viewtopic.php?f=45&t=21605
check it out
unfortuatly due to real life constraints we cant meet in real life but over the internets is almost as good and there is some real roleplaying to be had.
thanks
ironknight

Over the centuries, mankind has tried many ways of combating the forces of evil... prayer, fasting, good works and so on. Up until Doom, no one seemed to have thought about the double-barrel shotgun. Eat leaden death, demon... quote terry pratchett

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:06 pm 

This is where the Perth RPGers live..... http://www.meetup.com/PerthRPG/

You can pretty much always find a Pathfinder or 4th edition D&D game on there. If you're looking for other stuff, you just need to know who to ask (and hopefully something is running). A lot of RPing in Perth is word-of-mouth and who-you-know.

I currently run 1st edition AD&D, and a Dark Heresy game; but I'm not looking for players at the moment as both games will be shutting down in <2 months (baby on the way). There are other gaming groups that I know as well but I think the best place to look is the link that I provided above.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:08 pm 

Cheers for the props mate! Glad you are enjoying the show!

But yes as Ironknight so kindly indicated I host a CT Traveller game via the wonderfully free Obsidian Portal, we have been playing for quite a while now and I am thoroughly enjoying running the game. So if classic sci-fi suits drop by have a look and join in!

VP

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ]  [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable