[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
Destiny! - Page 3 - WestGamer
It is currently Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:40 pm

All times are UTC+08:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
 Post subject: Re: Destiny!
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:48 pm 

So you level up past 20 by getting gear? Kinda like gear ratings in wow? I'm level 14 so won't be long till I find out I guess.
What classes has everyone gone? I'm a titan and I'm loving the whole vanguard feel of the class.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:40 am 

Titan for me, up to level 14 so far...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:50 pm 

Yeah 20 is the cap for levelling with experience.
Then you can level up your items further by wearing them and collecting orbs of light ( I think) which levels up the gear and you.

I'm only level 7 but that's what my mate was sayin last night.

Doesn't take too long to hit 20. Which is good. Playing a hunter and they are a lot of fun. Throwing knife is awesome.

Everytime you roll 3 1's, Somewhere Cypher dies!

BRAWL Season 2 Champion!!!!
Khorne Wanderers 3-0-0. 5 kills and counting!!! 13 in total...
Green Cave Fanatics 6-0-1, 2 deaths! chainsaw kickbacks = 3

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:24 pm 

I picked it up for Xbone. Its got some really good points and some bad points. The lack or good side missions or really anything but the basic mainline story and the patrols but the weighty shooting is a nice change from the speed of titanfall. Especially the hand cannons, I have a nice blue that will take a legionnaire's head right off with one good shot.

I've made it to 20 but now everything is totally opaque to me. I have no idea how I grind for light and I don't know what I need to do to max out my skill tree. Also PVP has been a pain for me as well, not because I get dominated but because I keep dropping out of the games. I have no idea why, I stay connected to the game so its not my internet, but I loose connection to the match. I think though that if that gets sorted I might spend many hours in PVP. The PVP feels a lot like the Space Marine multi but more robust. I'm looking forward to more PVE content it looks daunting, the raids require 6 man fire teams and you can't match make so you'll need 5 friends on at the same time willing to set aside an hour or two (or more if you wipe) Which is just something I can't do on the Xbone ATM as most of my friends list haven't made the next gen jump.

So if your on Xbone add me: n1nn4nu4m as a friend, maybe if enough of us do that we can all set aside some time on a weekend soonish (or even make a clan) to try the raids.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:02 pm 

I don't do PVP because I suck lol...and PVE is more fun to me. So far I'm just grinding through the random strikes, getting some good gear from it too. From 3 random strikes I got enough light gear to go from 20-21. Gear you'll level up with bounties and experience. Once you level it up, the light rating goes up on it too.
My friends list is non-existant as I've only just gotten a PS4, but I'm sure it will build up as I do some strikes. The problem is you can't headset talk to strangers, so making friends is tough when you can't communicate.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:16 am 

Trust me... you don't want to headset talk with strangers in any pvp setting :)

I'll be picking it up today after I get marking done. I'll spam PSN details when I get home.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:22 am 

I snapped. I hate FPS games on consoles but i had to go for it anyway. Bought a PS4 and got destiny + last of us.

So far, its pretty good. I still hate the controller, have given up on the game a few times because of it. Hit level 12 last night and will have the next 4 days to play it, so aiming to hit 20 by then.

Guild Ball resources
Guild Ball Player Cards

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:51 am 

It just reminds me of transitioning from keyboard to mouse so many years ago :)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:24 pm 

Quote:
I snapped. I hate FPS games on consoles but i had to go for it anyway. Bought a PS4 and got destiny + last of us.

So far, its pretty good. I still hate the controller, have given up on the game a few times because of it. Hit level 12 last night and will have the next 4 days to play it, so aiming to hit 20 by then.
Add me and we'll smash out some stuff and get you to level 20; Thylight66

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:59 pm 

None of my existing contacts on my friends list seem to be playing Destiny...

So...

XBox One - Live ID: MrGTST

I need to build up some people on my list so I (we) can tackle the raids/strike missions, there is only so much I can solo! :)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:54 pm 

Strikes are easy to find groups for because it automatches you. Doing a weekly heroic strike however is a different story...it doesn't bloody match make you!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:34 pm 

exactly!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:13 pm 

I'll add you tonight mrgtst.

The big raid got beat a couple of days ago.

6 players ranging from 26 to 28 took 10 hours and hundreds of deaths to clear it.

Sounds amazing.

I'm almost to 24 but haven't been able to play the last few days. Got 3 days off so looking forward to smashing out a chunk of destiny the next few days, catch up to a couple of mates.

Everytime you roll 3 1's, Somewhere Cypher dies!

BRAWL Season 2 Champion!!!!
Khorne Wanderers 3-0-0. 5 kills and counting!!! 13 in total...
Green Cave Fanatics 6-0-1, 2 deaths! chainsaw kickbacks = 3

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:15 pm 

Sounds good...

Wow 10 hours is a huge effort in one sitting!!!

I am just a touch under level 22 now. I have mostly rare equipment and I am trying to grind out enough Vanguard respect to allow me to buy some legendary gear.

Better equipment is not so easy to come by from what I have seen.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:22 pm 

Not surprised it took so long considering how long a lvl 24 strike can take, that cabal boss is nuts.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next